The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

That, as well as KSC and the National Air and Space are on the list!
So much list, so little time...!!! :confused:
I LOVE FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: :D :)

And, if I'm lucky enough for God to grace me with another 20-30 years of healthy life, the ultimate for me would be to take a flight into space, someday...!!! :happy: :geek: :)
I so hope you get to go into space. There are so many beautiful things out there. I love the Science channel, and see so many beautiful pictures taken by the Hubble. I won't see this for me or hubby, but I've always loved looking for things in clouds, which my hubby can't see!:happy::happy::happy:

betty rose

I've sat on our school board for many years. The statistics are fuzzy. It depends on who is configuring the statistics and what their recommendation is going to be. Statistics are funny funny thing. If it was 100% true kids would all be in year round school. Many areas around us have at least one building doing year round. Our school can't get into considering the possibility. Our teachers Union
is dig your heels in the ground not open for discussion. I like the concept but so not willing to do a teachers strike without a contract to even put it on the table.
Their statistics make these kids look like village idiots for not having enough time to decompress from the stress of 'learning.' It is all in the presentation and how the statistics are compiled.
I took a statistics class in college, you can manipulate them to say almost anything.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Stifle you had winter:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sniff . . .

eeyore-3624-0e22da275137e45dafcc80b831e15a3d@1x.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We did Crush several times on our last trip, and we might have done it more than once on our first family trip, too, if we had had more time. Love love love Crush. And the kids wanted to go into Club Cool every time we were anywhere close. They LOVED that.
Norway, pre Frostrom. DS liked the viking hats.

View attachment 216574

He is absolutely adorable in his Viking cap!!! Love it!! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
DS wouldn't go on any of the slides. He had been waiting and waiting for MONTHS to do the toboggan races. But the wait time was over an hour, plus it was up SOOOO many stairs and my hip just could not do that many stairs. So there was a smaller race thing down lower with a shorter wait time...like 20 minutes. We got up there, he saw the sign that said something about being a good swimmer and he freaked out and we had to climb back down because he wouldn't go on it. At TL, we tried to do the lazy river and he kept purposely falling through the hole in the floaty, but he couldn't get INTO it himself, so he'd let himself fall through, or he'd flip it over, and then want us to get him back into it, which meant we had to get out of our OWN floaty. But he didn't want one of the kiddie tubes that don't have the open hole...he wanted one of the big ones. And he didn't want to hold on to us so he didn't get left behind, but he couldn't keep up in the currant, so he kept making DH get out of his tube to go back to "rescue" him. After a few minutes, DH said enough and got out with him...gave him the choice of staying with us IN the tube, or getting out completely. And since he wouldn't go on any of the slides or anything, we decided to have lunch...that's when the bird stole DS's fish. No one was having any fun, so we left. Honestly if he wasn't so scared of all the slides, it might have been great. But he was terrified of being on his own, got furious when DH and I went on ONE ride together because he wouldn't go on any of the slides, but demanded that someone stayed with him at all times, which meant I didn't get to do any slides after the first one, and that was at BB. Instead of swimming and playing, I was relegated to taking pics of DS doing the Summer Winter Games while DH took DD to do pretty much every slide in the park. So at least the 3 of them all enjoyed BB. TL, NO ONE got to enjoy. DS seems to think every minute should be solely devoted to his enjoyment and doesn't want to wait while anyone else does something he doesn't want to do. There were some things we were willing to endure so he had fun, but other things we weren't willing to give up and he just had to pout through those, because we weren't catering to his whims. But when you've paid so much for a vacation, it's pointless to stay if you're not having fun. Then you've wasted time AND money. I don't remember what we did after that...probably took a nap. We had fun everywhere else...just not TL, or AK. And I didn't enjoy BB, but the rest did, so it was ok. I'm glad they had fun there.

Oh my. Parents must have so much patience!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , I just wanted to say WELCOME HOME! I started to type that this morning (before I had to get ready for work), but the DOG decided to run around with my sock. I had to run after him and retrieve it, or I'd never see it again . . . in one piece, that is . . . :cautious: Then I was running behind getting ready for work, and logged out quickly here.

So I'm dying to hear all your trip impressions. Really enjoyed the snippets you've shared so far about D23. Are you home now for the rest of the summer, or do you have more trips planned?!! :p

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sympathy like:( I was out caging plants when it was on:joyfull:

I didn't spend any time watching the hearing. About an hour after Days should have been done I went to watch it on my DVR and ended up fast forwarding through the whole thing. Oh well, it made the dog happy as we got out to the porch faster since I didn't have my story to watch.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , I just wanted to say WELCOME HOME! I started to type that this morning (before I had to get ready for work), but the DOG decided to run around with my sock. I had to run after him and retrieve it, or I'd never see it again . . . in one piece, that is . . . :cautious: Then I was running behind getting ready for work, and logged out quickly here.

So I'm dying to hear all your trip impressions. Really enjoyed the snippets you've shared so far about D23. Are you home now for the rest of the summer, or do you have more trips planned?!! :p

Thanks Minnie. It is nice to be home, but I'm sure in a week I will be missing Disney. Hubs and I don't have any other major trips planned this summer. He is busy with church stuff for the next couple weeks, I will barely be seeing him. We are planning WDW in March but I'm thinking about another solo trip this fall or early winter. I just can't decide if I would rather go in October with Halloween & Food and Wine stuff or wait until November with some Christmas stuff and possibly hit the end of Food and Wine. Decisions, Decisions.

As for D23 I will share more when I do a trip report, but hubs and I had a blast. No big panels for us, although we were tempted by Parks and Resorts. All the panels I had marked as important we were able to see and the show floor was fun. There were lines for things but we were prepared for them. We only had to wait outside for the convention to open on Friday, I had read that in order to avoid waiting in long lines outside to arrive before 6 am and then we would be with the overnighters. So Friday we arrived at 5:10 am and we were held outside because the media was starting their live shot reports and they wanted large crowds in their shots. It was annoying but fine, it we could see a little of the interviews the media were doing with people (John Lassiter) and we were the first outside group to go in at 9:10am And luckily I didn't have to go to the bathroom at all during that time, because being outside meant you had to leave the area and go to one of the hotels nearby for facilities then come back into the line. Anyway, the other two days we arrived a little before 5 am and we got into the the inside lines no problem. I will share a picture later, but it was crazy looking out at the crowds arriving for the day.

The Walt Disney Archives stage had some really good panels, I probably could have gone to all of their presentations and been perfectly happy but there was other stuff to do and see. Sunday was really the day that I was nervous about getting to see what I wanted, only because that day had the panels I was really waiting for, the Alan Menken concert and the Legends of Imagineering with John Stamos (Tony Baxter, Wayne Jackson, & Marty Sklar). But we got into those no problem, but we did wait. We probably didn't need to wait for those as much as we did but seeing that was important to us so no regrets.

Because we hadn't given Disney enough money, we enjoyed shopping at Mickey's of Glendale, the Imagineering store. We went there twice. But some of the merch was so cool. I am definitely thinking of doing D23 again in the future. Oh, and I have a friend that did the sorcerer package (the $2000 ticket) and she said she enjoyed having it because she got early access to the show floor on Thursday and didn't have to wait in lines for any panel but she doesn't know if she will do it again. As she pointed out she could have done a Disney cruise for the price of the ticket.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks Minnie. It is nice to be home, but I'm sure in a week I will be missing Disney. Hubs and I don't have any other major trips planned this summer. He is busy with church stuff for the next couple weeks, I will barely be seeing him. We are planning WDW in March but I'm thinking about another solo trip this fall or early winter. I just can't decide if I would rather go in October with Halloween & Food and Wine stuff or wait until November with some Christmas stuff and possibly hit the end of Food and Wine. Decisions, Decisions.

As for D23 I will share more when I do a trip report, but hubs and I had a blast. No big panels for us, although we were tempted by Parks and Resorts. All the panels I had marked as important we were able to see and the show floor was fun. There were lines for things but we were prepared for them. We only had to wait outside for the convention to open on Friday, I had read that in order to avoid waiting in long lines outside to arrive before 6 am and then we would be with the overnighters. So Friday we arrived at 5:10 am and we were held outside because the media was starting their live shot reports and they wanted large crowds in their shots. It was annoying but fine, it we could see a little of the interviews the media were doing with people (John Lassiter) and we were the first outside group to go in at 9:10am And luckily I didn't have to go to the bathroom at all during that time, because being outside meant you had to leave the area and go to one of the hotels nearby for facilities then come back into the line. Anyway, the other two days we arrived a little before 5 am and we got into the the inside lines no problem. I will share a picture later, but it was crazy looking out at the crowds arriving for the day.

The Walt Disney Archives stage had some really good panels, I probably could have gone to all of their presentations and been perfectly happy but there was other stuff to do and see. Sunday was really the day that I was nervous about getting to see what I wanted, only because that day had the panels I was really waiting for, the Alan Menken concert and the Legends of Imagineering with John Stamos (Tony Baxter, Wayne Jackson, & Marty Sklar). But we got into those no problem, but we did wait. We probably didn't need to wait for those as much as we did but seeing that was important to us so no regrets.

Because we hadn't given Disney enough money, we enjoyed shopping at Mickey's of Glendale, the Imagineering store. We went there twice. But some of the merch was so cool. I am definitely thinking of doing D23 again in the future. Oh, and I have a friend that did the sorcerer package (the $2000 ticket) and she said she enjoyed having it because she got early access to the show floor on Thursday and didn't have to wait in lines for any panel but she doesn't know if she will do it again. As she pointed out she could have done a Disney cruise for the price of the ticket.

Wow! Lots of good stuff! I was also grateful to some of the posters in the D23 thread up in N&R, who put up videos of some of the panels. I actually did watch (in full) the one with John Stamos and the Legends of Imagineering. That was great!! I thought John Stamos was a great moderator, and I would have loved to see Tony in person, and Marty as well. (I wasn't as familiar with Wayne Jackson.)

You and hubs caught a really good panel--that probably would have been on the top of my list, if I went.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Wow! Lots of good stuff! I was also grateful to some of the posters in the D23 thread up in N&R, who put up videos of some of the panels. I actually did watch (in full) the one with John Stamos and the Legends of Imagineering. That was great!! I thought John Stamos was a great moderator, and I would have loved to see Tony in person, and Marty as well. (I wasn't as familiar with Wayne Jackson.)

You and hubs caught a really good panel--that probably would have been on the top of my list, if I went.

Yes, that was a really good panel. I'm surprised (but I guess not really) that there was a video of it, it was announced that there wasn't supposed to be any video or audio recording. I managed a few pictures (and I broke the rules and audio recorded it on my phone to listen to again later), but the workers were really vigilant around us about 10 minutes after the panel started and kept asking people to put cameras and phones away. My friend who had the sorcerer ticket was sitting behind Wayne Jackson's family and I guess when he was getting his special award the family was asked to put their camera away! If anyone had a right to take pictures it was probably them! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, that was a really good panel. I'm surprised (but I guess not really) that there was a video of it, it was announced that there wasn't supposed to be any video or audio recording. I managed a few pictures (and I broke the rules and audio recorded it on my phone to listen to again later), but the workers were really vigilant around us about 10 minutes after the panel started and kept asking people to put cameras and phones away. My friend who had the sorcerer ticket was sitting behind Wayne Jackson's family and I guess when he was getting his special award the family was asked to put their camera away! If anyone had a right to take pictures it was probably them! :)

I don't know the source the person had, as a few of them were floating around in different threads, but the one I saw with John Stamos was very clear. I thought at the time, that they must have had someone (hired by D23) to film the various panels.

donaldtoo

I loooveee Cherry Limeade from Sonic. At best maybe 6 times a year, not close.
It is always when we are on the road. I so have wondered what one of those tiny bottles of vodka or rum would be like in one of those???? :rolleyes::inlove:

Sonic is all over the place around here. We have one less than 5 min. away.
And yes, I have thought about spiking them many, many times, but, for some reason, never have gotten around to it. :cyclops:
It's now higher up on the list...!!!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@figmentfan423 , I have some questions for you. When you went to WDW last year didn't you rent a condo? I have a friend that is looking for an economical way to go to WDW and I thought a condo might be something they might be interested in.

Where did you book your condo through?
How far away from the parks?
What amenities were included?
What was the price (estimate is fine)?
How many people did it sleep (they are a family of 5)?

Thanks!

StarWarsGirl

My boys are the opposite. They do the slides at BB and are ready to leave. We did TL 3 times last trip, there's just more for all of us:joyfull: That being said they're part fish and like the wave pool, me the palm trees, Lelo and Stitch with no line and the proximity to DTD after a day in the water:joyfull:
My family much prefers Blizzard Beach. We do all the slides multiple times.

I love hanging out in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon, but I'm pretty much the only fish in my family. I like hanging out where it's deep, body surfing the waves in, and swimming back out. My parents are pool people, but they like to sit in the water and do the slides.

I can regularly be found in the lazy river at Beach Club...swimming it. Sometimes against the current if I really feel like working out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom