The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

That surprises me...AK was pretty much a total BUST for us. The bug movie scared DS so bad he had to be removed from the theater, screaming. And he was 8! I fell asleep during the Lion King show. The only thing we really loved was the Nemo show...pretty much everything else was just meh. And HS...There's not much there. We did a lot of meet and greets, and DS did all the star wars stuff, which DD hates and refused to do. I don't know what the height requirements are for the star wars stuff, so I don't know if little ones can do it, but I would take my little ones to Epcot long before either AK or HS. I guess it's personal preference.
A Bug's Life, cute movie for a kid, NOT a cute attraction for a little kid. Even I close my eyes through part of it.

Cesar R M

I think the exterior is safe, thank goodness it's cheaper to just rework the interior:joyfull:
Actually, I imagined it would be cheaper for Disney to just demo the entire thing.

That surprises me...AK was pretty much a total BUST for us. The bug movie scared DS so bad he had to be removed from the theater, screaming. And he was 8! I fell asleep during the Lion King show. The only thing we really loved was the Nemo show...pretty much everything else was just meh. And HS...There's not much there. We did a lot of meet and greets, and DS did all the star wars stuff, which DD hates and refused to do. I don't know what the height requirements are for the star wars stuff, so I don't know if little ones can do it, but I would take my little ones to Epcot long before either AK or HS. I guess it's personal preference.
you're the complete opposite of me lol.

Songbird76

A Bug's Life, cute movie for a kid, NOT a cute attraction for a little kid. Even I close my eyes through part of it.
I just kept thinking, I hope no Holocaust survivors have ever been in here, because I'm betting it would be extremely traumatic for them. Even I thought it was pretty scary, and I have no background that would trigger me with that. I'm not surprised my 8year old freaked out.
I LOVE Disney, but that one is something I would recommend NO ONE to go to. I can't even imagine what they were thinking when they created it.

Songbird76

I'm grumpy with DH...we can't get graham crackers here, or real marshmallows...so I got all the fixings for S'mores when I was in the US and we've been waiting a couple months to indulge. FINALLY decide to do it tonight, and DH invades the very small kitchen, getting in the way all over the place, trying to make some sort of fly trap or repellent using vinegar. We finish making our S'mores, go sit down to enjoy, and DH brings the nasty, very pungent bowl of vinegar mixture in and sets it right where we are eating. I get that you are done and you don't particularly enjoy S'mores, but that doesn't mean you have to ruin it for US.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I'm grumpy with DH...we can't get graham crackers here, or real marshmallows...so I got all the fixings for S'mores when I was in the US and we've been waiting a couple months to indulge. FINALLY decide to do it tonight, and DH invades the very small kitchen, getting in the way all over the place, trying to make some sort of fly trap or repellent using vinegar. We finish making our S'mores, go sit down to enjoy, and DH brings the nasty, very pungent bowl of vinegar mixture in and sets it right where we are eating. I get that you are done and you don't particularly enjoy S'mores, but that doesn't mean you have to ruin it for US.

I *think* you said you had a trip coming up, but if not, let me know, and maybe we can send you some S'mores fixins. My friend in New Zealand sends me that popping candy chocolate bar and those are my favorite boxes of the whole year! I love those chocolate bars so so so much but we cannot find them here. So I totally know how you feel!!
Cadbury-Marvellous-Creations-Chocolate-Bar-Jelly-Popping-Candy-Beanies.jpg

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Men :rolleyes:

StarWarsGirl

I have a postcard from my long time friend from when we were about four and she and her family went to WDW. It said that she saw the bug show, but did not like those spiders. Then, when we were in DCA, we had the following conversation:

Me: You want to see 'It's Tough to be a Bug'?
Her: No thank you
Me: Why not?
Her: I still don't like those spiders.

:hilarious:

Songbird76

I *think* you said you had a trip coming up, but if not, let me know, and maybe we can send you some S'mores fixins. My friend in New Zealand sends me that popping candy chocolate bar and those are my favorite boxes of the whole year! I love those chocolate bars so so so much but we cannot find them here. So I totally know how you feel!!
Cadbury-Marvellous-Creations-Chocolate-Bar-Jelly-Popping-Candy-Beanies.jpg
No, we were just in the US for my dad's funeral...we MIGHT have to go back to round off the estate, but that won't be until next year because we don't have any more time off for this year that's not already accounted for. But it's ok...I still have some S'more fixin's left and DH won't be home tomorrow, so we'll have a second chance tomorrow.
Never seen this chocolate, but my best friend lives in Oz (Australia) and I send her boxes with Stroopwaffels...a Dutch cookie with a caramel filling.
stroopwafel.JPG
She loves them and they don't have them there. She's moving back to the US at the end of this year though, so we'll be able to trade again...she can send me the things I can't get and I can send her stroopwafels!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
No, we were just in the US for my dad's funeral...we MIGHT have to go back to round off the estate, but that won't be until next year because we don't have any more time off for this year that's not already accounted for. But it's ok...I still have some S'more fixin's left and DH won't be home tomorrow, so we'll have a second chance tomorrow.
Never seen this chocolate, but my best friend lives in Oz (Australia) and I send her boxes with Stroopwaffels...a Dutch cookie with a caramel filling.
View attachment 216678
She loves them and they don't have them there. She's moving back to the US at the end of this year though, so we'll be able to trade again...she can send me the things I can't get and I can send her stroopwafels!!

I ate my weight in stroopwafels when I was in Germany, and even brought some back to Iraq with me. They are so good!!

Songbird76

I ate my weight in stroopwafels when I was in Germany, and even brought some back to Iraq with me. They are so good!!
Huh...I didn't even know they had them in Germany. They are a Dutch thing. But they are SOOOO good. They are better warm from the street vendors, but the packages aren't bad. I have to send them to my brother, to my best friend, to my cousin, to some friends in the UK....there's a whole list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom