The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

If you ever make it to DC you MUST make it over to Goddard and try and go on a day when the rocket club meets:joyfull:

That, as well as KSC and the National Air and Space are on the list!
So much list, so little time...!!! :confused:
I LOVE FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: :D :)

And, if I'm lucky enough for God to grace me with another 20-30 years of healthy life, the ultimate for me would be to take a flight into space, someday...!!! :happy: :geek: :)

donaldtoo

I was told it was part day swimming and part day arts, crafts, etc. Her first day (after all the rain!) they went on a nature hike. She fell in mud up to her knees, her forearms and splashed in her hair! And, the part that made me very upset was they didn't have partners but walked a single line with the counselor leading. She said no one saw her fall and they kept going.

She got herself up and had to run to catch the group. Then she really didn't get to clean up because they had a wet sponge fight and then did a form of the ice bucket challenge without the ice. AND she only took one pair of shoes! I'm thinking WHAT kind of camp is this! She is only going this week.

Sympathy like.
Camp Incompetance? o_O
Glad she made it through the week...! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's our last D23 Expo day, it has been great. We didn't do any of the big panels as we wanted to focus on other things. We did a panel with Richard Sherman yesterday about a book based on his song a kiss goodnight and he sang and played some songs it was fantastic! Today should be a good day too.

@MinnieM123 there is a Minnie fashion display so I too a bunch of pictures for you, most are on my regular camera but here is a teaser....
View attachment 215798

And maybe you would like this car?
View attachment 215799

And last night we went to Disneyland for a couple hours... never dull.

View attachment 215800

GORGEOUS pictures!! I love the orchid gloves with the pink dress--such a nice touch. :inlove: Did you see celebrity Minnie clothing designers there, like Dior, Lagerfeld, and Vera Wang? :)

And the car--that's the second photo I've seen of that this weekend! Minnie merchandise is hot!!! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

donaldtoo

Yes for my hand but I haven't said much on here. I don't want to be one of those people that put all their problems in this thread. The docs put me through all kinds of stuff over the past two months to see why my back has been hurting. Some days I can only sit and walking across a room kills me. Other days, not so bad. MRI recently showed 3 herniated disks in my lowest lumbar area so tomorrow I go to the hospital for my first of three spinal epidural/steroid shots. They have to sedate me so I won't move. At this point it's whatever works.

Sympathy like.
Sorry, so far behind.
Hope the shots are helping.
Prayers.

donaldtoo

The only time I've ever been injured (oddly enough!) was by one of those darn sparklers! Set off 100 screamers this year with no problem but got 1 defective sparkler! :cautious:

We used sparklers to send DD and SonIL off after their wedding reception, and the best man, somehow, got a burn on one of his fingers that was enough to get the first-aid kit.

I know I've posted this here before (was gonna' post it again over 4th of July weekend, but, it got lost in the mix), but, pretty sure it was several years ago...

It was the summer right after HS graduation and just before I moved outta' mom and pops house.
It was the weekend before the 4th, and I was out in front of my folks house juggling a soccer ball on the lawn. 3 friends showed up in the one guys "new" (a few years old Mercury Marquis coupe, and it was the first time he was driving it after he bought it) car. They asked me if I wanted to go for a quick ride. I was only in shorts - no TSFF ;) - , but, it was only supposed to be a short ride.
I got in the car and we headed for a part of the neighborhood that was still under construction. Then, the "fireworks fun" was revealed to me...
A gross (144) bottle rockets that us passengers were gonna' be shooting out of the car at various construction site targets. :cyclops:
Me to myself >>>>> "I got a bad feeling about this." :cautious:

I figured I'd hang out for a few and then make up an excuse about forgetting to do something back at the house that I needed to be back for.
Well, it didn't take much more than a few for "fun" to turn to all-out chaos.
The guy next to me behind the driver would be starting the target practice. He had the bag with the gross in it on the floorboard between his legs. The launch apparatus was a length of PVC pipe with some duct tape at the bottom.
4 launches had been done and the fifth was lit and dropped into the PVC. When the guy pointed it out the window he noticed there was a hole in the duct tape. The first thing I heard was "OH ****!!!!!!!". The next thing I heard and saw after that was the bottle rocket igniting in the bag between the guys legs on the floor. All hell broke loose shortly thereafter!!!!!!! :eek:
And, here I am in only shorts...

We started yelling over the insanity to get someone up front to open the "*******" door. By the time that happened we were still doing about 10 miles per hour or so. The front seat passenger finally opened the door and I pushed the seat as hard as I could forward, barely squeezing past him and onto the street, only to have him follow me directly and land right on top of me!!! :in pain: The other rear seat passenger followed him out on our side, as the driver wasn't budging. As we were still laying in the street we watched him still in the car going down the street. It was sooo bizarre. All hell going off around him and he wasn't giving up the ship. :cyclops: He finally bailed and the car jumped the curb, went down into and through a dry (at the time) creek bed, and wrapped itself around a tree on the opposite bank.

It was all so flippin' surreal and nutso beyond belief.
The car, wrapped around the tree now, continued to go off for a few more seconds, as the driver was laying in the road screaming.
The rest of us were now sitting on the curb accessing our injuries. Luckily, somehow, we pretty much had minimal burns, and none were serious. My worst injuries were road rash and a gouged heel on my right foot from where the guy that followed me out fell on top of me and smashed it into the road.
About the time the driver joined us, we started to hear sirens. I still, to this day, have no clue who called it in. No cels back then and we were in a construction zone.
We asked the driver why he didn't just park ASAP?!?!?! o_O He said he panicked. :cyclops:

The first responders showed up shortly thereafter and determined none us needed to be transported. They put some bandages on us, and one of the first responders drove me home and walked me to the door. The door was locked and I had no key on me, so I knocked. The look on my moms face (they were out when I took the ride, and when they got back figured I was skateboarding around the middle school across the street or something) when she saw me was one I'll never forget.

Anyway, to wrap it up...
I was so mad cause we were scheduled to spend the 4th of July at family friends lake house skiing and other stuff, and I was really looking forward to the skiing. But, with my gouged heel the ski binding was too painful.
Definitely, one of the craziest days of my life...!!!!!!! :confused:

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Wow! That picture is really something. Although bats really skeeve me out, I've read they really contribute to the overall eco system and are very important. They're insectivores and also have something to do with the pollination of flowers (haven't a clue how that works, but I read that).

Anyway, feel free to be the host city to babysit these creatures!! :eek:

Hahaaa!!! :hilarious:
No problem. They're helpin' us "Keep Austin Weird"...!!! ;) :)

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We put a gas insert in ours which requires minimal cleaning. It's also another excuse for the air compressor thingy:banghead:

We have air compressor thingy. He one day decided to use it to blow out my DS $1200 laptop to get the dust out. DOA. I hate these toys. I put my foot down on the power washer. I feared my Cedar, brick and concrete. We really have no use with our home for a power washer for anything. Toys :facepalm: I also curse the day Harbor Freight was born. :cautious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Studies have shown that the summer break is so long that kids who love in homes that do not continue to do educational activities (hiking, camping, museums, etc.) Lose a lot of educational progress over the summer.

The kids still get a summer break in year round schools, it's just shorter. But they also get more breaks around the school year to keep them from burning out.

I've sat on our school board for many years. The statistics are fuzzy. It depends on who is configuring the statistics and what their recommendation is going to be. Statistics are funny funny thing. If it was 100% true kids would all be in year round school. Many areas around us have at least one building doing year round. Our school can't get into considering the possibility. Our teachers Union
is dig your heels in the ground not open for discussion. I like the concept but so not willing to do a teachers strike without a contract to even put it on the table.
Their statistics make these kids look like village idiots for not having enough time to decompress from the stress of 'learning.' It is all in the presentation and how the statistics are compiled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom