News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

CaptainAmerica

Aw man, when @21stamps mentioned "teams" it got my imagination spinning. Imagine if there were two "ships" in this experience and you could decide if you wanted to be the Empire / First Order or the Rebellion / Resistance and you faced off against one another.

I know that's NOT what they're planning but duuuuuuude.

21stamps

NO TVS!

If the rooms have TVs, I'm out. No sarcasm.

Please record every second of your stay.. and please post all of the videos here!!

This is your childhood dream come true, isn't it? I can't even imagine your reaction. We need to form a group page as soon as opening weekend is announced and able to be booked.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You think they are going to have a "check in" station at 7am every morning? I say no way.
It will be a reasonable time.

I'm thinking all guests will need to arrive at a predetermined time, and all will check out at the same time. Remember - This isn't going to be your typical Disney resort, where guests are coming and going throughout the day. People coming and going break the illusion. Your "typical day" breaks the story. My interpretation of this new resort is you will be following a "script" or set of tasks, unique to each guest staying at the resort during each "story". This doesn't lend itself well to a leisurely morning cup of coffee, a workout, a run, etc.

Maeryk

You think they are going to have a "check in" station at 7am every morning? I say no way.
It will be a reasonable time.

Probably not at 7 AM. And probably not a "okay, are we all here? Okay, we are going to proceed to conference room B where todays "Defeat the jedi of the golden temple" game will start! either.

One possibility is: the theme is a starcruiser, say. "Morning mess is served promptly at 8:30. Be in the galley, or you will not be fed." That gets that block of guests where you want them, when you want them, and the "game" (or challenge, or whatever) becomes an organic part of the experience. There's no jarring "now we are going to start", it just.. happens.

Maeryk

So discriminatory!!!

Sorry friend, you're going to have to accept that not everyone is on the same level of fandom.. don't let it wreck your time. ;)

I'm assuming this will be aimed at the casual fan, but who has seen all the films. Not the guys who can recite wookiepedia alphabetically from memory. There will be elements that give a nod and a wink to those superfans, but that level won't be required to enjoy the experience. OTOH, it WON'T be for the people who are not fans of SW. That would be a waste of your time and money, to stay "just so you can say you stayed at every disney resort", as some people do.

21stamps

Probably not at 7 AM. And probably not a "okay, are we all here? Okay, we are going to proceed to conference room B where todays "Defeat the jedi of the golden temple" game will start! either.

One possibility is: the theme is a starcruiser, say. "Morning mess is served promptly at 8:30. Be in the galley, or you will not be fed." That gets that block of guests where you want them, when you want them, and the "game" (or challenge, or whatever) becomes an organic part of the experience. There's no jarring "now we are going to start", it just.. happens.
I'm thinking all guests will need to arrive at a predetermined time, and all will check out at the same time. Remember - This isn't going to be your typical Disney resort, where guests are coming and going throughout the day. People coming and going break the illusion. Your "typical day" breaks the story. My interpretation of this new resort is you will be following a "script" or set of tasks, unique to each guest staying at the resort during each "story". This doesn't lend itself well to a leisurely morning cup of coffee, a workout, a run, etc.

Here's what I'm saying.. Both of these scenarios still allow for personal time in the morning though.

durangojim

1spafy.jpg

Maeryk

That would be nifty, though I hope there's at least an option for a room with windows.

doubtful. "over here, we have deep space.. over there, a beautiful view of the parking lot". I'm not seeing that.

Upgraded air handling over your typical room? Sure. moving air will alleviate a lot of that "im stuck in a coffin" feeling, and the display screen is going to have to be pretty good sized, and keep moving/changing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This doesn't lend itself well to a leisurely morning cup of coffee, a workout, a run, etc.

They aren't going to micro-manage your time and push you around on a schedule. They know they need to accomodate VARYING levels of participation and interest.

Again back to the cruise ship analogy... there are lots of activities ongoing, that you can drop in on or simply sit back and observe too.

The_Jobu

doubtful. "over here, we have deep space.. over there, a beautiful view of the parking lot". I'm not seeing that.

Do they really need to stick to the gimmick that closely in every room though? I'd think a not insignificant number of people would like to stay at the hotel but have some fresh air and sunshine. They could probably even charge extra for it if they wanted.

The_Jobu

Be in the galley, or you will not be fed.

I'd think that has a potential for disaster, not everyone is going to want to play along 24 hours a day. It would make more sense to have the "interactive" breakfast at set time like you say, but then everyone else can show up when they want. Especially at the prices they're going to charge, I can imagine people losing their minds if they're late to breakfast and don't get to eat.

Maeryk

Do they really need to stick to the gimmick that closely in every room though? I'd think a not insignificant number of people would like to stay at the hotel but have some fresh air and sunshine. They could probably even charge extra for it if they wanted.

It's not a hotel. It's a two day show/ride/experience.

I'm betting there won't be any window. Just like there aren't windows below decks on the ships.. but there are fake portholes, which nemo and ariel zip by now and then.

Kamikaze

From the main WDWMagic page on this announcement: "It is 100% immersive, and the story will touch every single minute of your day, and it will culminate in a unique journey for every person who visits."

Not sure what is unclear about that.

You really think they will be planning 'events' for the middle of the night? Lets be reasonable here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom