Mr toad, leaving? Or staying?

D

Deleted member 107043

Not that my son speaks for all kids (although he is one of the two best, premium children in the world), after we got off Space Mountain he asked me why they didn't make it fun.

Daaaaayyyyyuuuuummmmmm!

Wow, I feel awkward now that I even like Space Mountain anymore. I'm sitting here now questioning whether I'm cool or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Constance

I never said that I didn't like Space Mountain, mind you. I do. I think my kids were looking for more thrilling dips and drops and that's why they were disappointed. I'd be sad to see it go, but it's aging. And like others have said, will look sad next to whatever cutting edge things they eventually will be building around it.

D

Deleted member 107043

I never said that I didn't like Space Mountain, mind you. I do. I think my kids were looking for more thrilling dips and drops and that's why they were disappointed. I'd be sad to see it go, but it's aging. And like others have said, will look sad next to whatever cutting edge things they eventually will be building around it.

I think it's kind of telling that it wasn't in the lineup at SDL and the Tron coaster was given priority. Of course it might come later, but I doubt they're in any hurry to add it.

mickEblu

I think it's kind of telling that it wasn't in the lineup at SDL and the Tron coaster was given priority. Of course it might come later, but I doubt they're in any hurry to add it.

I think MK having Space and Tron will be a very unique situation. I think In most other cases TRON ( or insert Vekoma Coaster) will be at the sister park. Just my guess.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

Topic has shifted from one obscure-ish thing that exists as a Disney theme park ride to another. I'm just going to say it. I had TRON on VHS when I was a kid. It was more boring than Algebra 2 and it still is. When TRON: Legacy came out (a sequel no one saw coming), everyone suddenly pretended like they were fans of TRON. Huh? Had most of them even seen it before they'd heard of the sequel? The sequel was boring too, but slightly more entertaining.

This roller coaster looks neat for a few seconds, then it goes outside like they cheaped out on constructing the rest of the building and it's no longer a TRON ride. Huh? Now, that TRON tunnel that used to be on the PeopleMover, from what I've seen and heard, was ultra charming.

No Name

Tron for MK is not a done deal, but it is a possibility and could get greenlit this week for a D23 announcement. If Hill "confirmed" it in March, then he was guessing because he might have heard it was one of the options on the table. Since it isn't even decided on at this very second, how could it have been set in stone in March?

Some people who trade in Disney rumors guess a LOT. I at least let you know when I'm guessing, which is the difference between me and someone like Jim who has a content farm and podcasts to keep going.

Would the Tron coaster showbuilding be hidden or themed better than it is in Shanghai? Can't find a picture, but from the path between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, you can see the giant blue box, with staircases and ventiliation and everything on it. It's a beautiful sight!

That's along the edge of a bigger park. I can only imagine what an atrocity the Tron coaster building will look like in place of the speedway. Regardless, I hope the ride doesn't come to MK.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Yeah, if the second one (which was a soft reboot that TRON barely factored in) wasn't successful enough to warrant a third one, how the heck does it get theme park rides? Why not Return to Oz? We should be riding in Gump couches getting chased by masked freaks with wheels for hands and feet.
Me and you are probably the only two people who would want a Return to Oz ride. But it was and is one of my favorite movies. The Wheelers were so dang creepy!!! And Mombi gave my brother nightmares.

GiveMeTheMusic

Would the Tron coaster showbuilding be hidden or themed better than it is in Shanghai? Can't find a picture, but from the path between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, you can see the giant blue box, with staircases and ventiliation and everything on it. It's a beautiful sight!

That's along the edge of a bigger park. I can only imagine what an atrocity the Tron coaster building will look like in place of the speedway. Regardless, I hope the ride doesn't come to MK.

I don't know. I would hope that by placing it behind the Speedway they could take care of sightline issues by restricting the view.

SDL really feels like they just ran out of money once you walk past Tomorrowland into Toy Story Land/Fantasyland. The whole area is bare and yes, the Tron building is very exposed and ugly. Fantasyland feels just about themeless as soon as you leave the castle area and Peter Pan. Just bushes, empty space, the Frozen theater and a kind of odd feeling Pooh mini-land. Oh, and SDMT kind of by itself. Fantasyland there needs a lot of help and feels like a different park compared to Adventure Isle and Treasure Cove.

D

Deleted member 107043

Why they would theme anything to Tron at this point in time is beyond me. The movie was a failure, so you're going to give it its own ride? Either give it a successful IP or let it be without an IP. I doubt Tron merchandise will be flying off the shelves regardless of how fun the ride is.

It has a cult following. Kind of like Nightmare Before Christmas, which made less than $80 million at the box office.

D

Deleted member 107043

Wow, I didn't know that! I didn't see the movie when it came out because I was probably about 18 and didn't see a lot of movies around that time. Can you believe that was 20 years ago now?!

It's crazy! Did you see James and The Giant Peach? I prefer that one over TNBC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom