Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

No Name

I hate to revive an old thread, but since it could possibly be announced next week, I just want to get some last words in.

I really don't feel that a name change is neccessary or even called for.

The park has always been a mix of the behind-the-scenes side and of stepping into movies/stories. Over the years, it's skewed more toward the latter, but there's still a mix of both. As for the word "Hollywood," there are still two well-themed streets that don't appear to be going anywhere (the entrance and Sunset Blvd.), so I see no reason to change that word either.

Universal Studios in Florida is still called Universal Studios. Disney's Hollywood Studios can keep its name too.

bhg469

I hate to revive an old thread, but since it could possibly be announced next week, I just want to get some last words in.

I really don't feel that a name change is neccessary or even called for.

The park has always been a mix of the behind-the-scenes side and of stepping into movies/stories. Over the years, it's skewed more toward the latter, but there's still a mix of both. As for the word "Hollywood," there are still two well-themed streets that don't appear to be going anywhere (the entrance and Sunset Blvd.), so I see no reason to change that word either.

Universal Studios in Florida is still called Universal Studios. Disney's Hollywood Studios can keep its name too.
There are still studio type attractions in universal. DHS has very little left that feature this theme. It looks like we will be getting Magic kingdom 2 magic kingdom 3 and animal kingdom soon enough.

Phicinfan

I believe they want to walk away from the Studio mantra,and focus more on BEING in those experiences. Net, Hollywood experience or adventure or some such. The fact it is not a working studio anymore, and all those bad memories I think they want to differentiate from .

WhatJaneSays

Even though we know that a name change is extremely likely, I'm not really expecting an announcement of that at D23. I'm only 50% sure that the name change will take place before Toy Story land opens. I feel they may op to re-brand in the lead up to, or in conjunction with Star Wars land. Could be wrong, and they want the re-branding done well in advance of both lands.

No Name

There are still studio type attractions in universal. DHS has very little left that feature this theme. It looks like we will be getting Magic kingdom 2 magic kingdom 3 and animal kingdom soon enough.

What "studio type" atrractions are left in Universal Studios? Aside from maybe Fear Factor live?

Epcot has survived on a name with no relevant meaning for decades now. And surprisingly few guests question the name Epcot or wonder what it means. I think its better for a park to keep a name long-term than to keep switching because it doesn't precisely fit the current direction its headed.

SirLink

What "studio type" atrractions are left in Universal Studios? Aside from maybe Fear Factor live?

Epcot has survived on a name with no relevant meaning for decades now. And surprisingly few guests question the name Epcot or wonder what it means. I think its better for a park to keep a name long-term than to keep switching because it doesn't precisely fit the current direction its headed.

Horror Makeup Show? Plus at Universal they still do filming for TV Shows in the soundstages. The original conjecture over the whole DHS makeover was to move from how shows were made to celebrating and living in the movies. Hence why IJSS was getting the heave ho' in favour for Star Wars Land early on. That is the last remaining attraction in that guise at DHS. Preferably they remove the word Studios and replace it with Land

MayorLionheart

I expect the namechange to go into place on the 30th anniversary in 2019, right prior to Star Wars opening and after Toy Story has been around a year.. Wouldn't make sense to announce a name-change 2 years out. Also, I doubt it will have the name Hollywood in it. The two lands- Star Wars and Toy Story- aren't even from Hollywood film companies.

Goofyernmost

Hollywoodland was a housing development. The land part of the sign fell off and they never replaced it. So, nothing would be more inappropriate than Hollywoodland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom