Epcot named worst tourist trap in Florida

Bacon

Original Poster
Epcot has been picked as the worst tourist trap in Florida. According to Business Insider

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Can you please point out where this was "voted" on? All I can find is a business insider article that seems to randomly pick popular tourist attractions in each state.

He means that it was Business Insider's pick/vote as the biggest tourist trap. But their "opinions" are just that. Personally I like NY Times Square, EPCOT, the Alamo, and many of the other spots on that list. Many of these spots are not meant to be the capstone of a vacation. They are just little "spots" to go for a quick trip for the day to have fun. We spent probably an hour in Times Square and had a really good time. (Stay away from the fake Disney characters and the monks with the bracelets!)

Creathir

That article was pathetic.

Saying this not as a person who loves Disney World, but as one who enjoys seeing interesting sites and locations.

I have been to many of the places on that list, and true some are actual tourist traps, most on that list are places of real interest.

My guess, this 20 something author was dragged around to all sorts of locations by their parents as a teenager, and they were irritated they were forced to go. They'd rather sit around in whatever beloved city they call home and look at pictures of places on the Internet.

Almost guaranteed this is a millennial who wrote this pathetic article, and I say that as a 33 year old...

Kman101

Checks out. $100 cover charge to enter a gigantic shopping mall with mediocre street performers, three slightly above mediocre rides that you can wait 1-2 hours to ride, and a more than average number of drunkards and fools stumbling their way around the "world". :joyfull:

Unfortunately this is slightly accurate. Imagine how this park looks to guests who visit for the first time? World Showcase is beautiful but Future World is awful. I can only imagine how it's been doing in Guest Feedback. I don't quite agree with drunkards stumbling around but I know some people have hangups towards this.

UpAllNight

Well we really enjoyed Epcot this year, but can understand why some may think it's the most boring Disney park at the moment in its current state. Add on the prices and you can put an argument in there for it being the biggest tourist trap...however the voting is none existent...and I think pretty much every park is a tourist trap.

Kman101

Surprising that Epcot beat out Disney Hollywood Studios. Says more about "authors" than about selections.

Hollywood Studios has some very good attractions and cohesive theming (the front half is and always has been Hollywood). Just because the back half is under construction doesn't change what was always there in the front and the key rides people come for (and even though they're dated and need to be replaced or upgraded, Indy and Beauty and the Beast are still great shows. Mermaid I guess is too but I haven't been in that theater in a very long time). It makes me laugh that people think the park is so awful (it's now "awful" because we lost the shell of itself backlot tour and the garish Lights Motors Action?). Epcot's Future World is by far a swing and a miss in a lot of ways.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Unfortunately this is slightly accurate. Imagine how this park looks to guests who visit for the first time? World Showcase is beautiful but Future World is awful. I can only imagine how it's been doing in Guest Feedback. I don't quite agree with drunkards stumbling around but I know some people have hangups towards this.

The only time I like Epcot anymore is during F&W and even then it's a glorified shopping mall. I don't have any real hangups towards drunkards stumbling around the world, but I've seen the damage some of them have done to the property firsthand.

FutureWorld is so terrible now. :arghh:

Kman101

The only time I like Epcot anymore is during F&W and even then it's a glorified shopping mall. I don't have any real hangups towards drunkards stumbling around the world, but I've seen the damage some of them have done to the property firsthand.

FutureWorld is so terrible now. :arghh:

Very true. I hope this doesn't become a debate on drunks in Epcot but I just think it's a tad overblown, but problems do exist with them.

Future World is such a miss. Not to mention when you walk in the entrance plaza and see tombstones sitting there. Not exactly warm and welcoming. I imagine a lot of guests are confused beyond belief about the park. That's why they need a cohesive front half of the park. Not saying IPs are the answer, but well implemented rides (that yes, may feature IPs, but I don't think Guardians in coaster form is the answer) and a single message and a new name for the front would do wonders. But they have to make sure guests "get it". I think DHS and Epcot do a horrible job in telling guests what the parks are about, but maybe that's me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom