News Caribbean Beach Expansion

3BratsToDisney

was curious to see if anyone had experienced this construction yet at CBR so bumping the thread. Anyone stay here now that the food tents are up? Does anyone know if the refillable fountain machines are at each of these make shift mini markets?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, June 4. The aerial photo previously posted provides a great overview of the construction area. Here are a few ground level views from the Disney bus (pardon the blur on some images). The natural area between the lake and the Barbados buildings is largely gone, but some trees remain as buffers. This is at the northern end of the property. The Barbados demolition is being conducted from west to east.

IMG_9677.JPG

As the Barbados buildings are emptied, the remaining rubble is separated into metal and concrete.

IMG_9678.JPG

These buildings in the northern part of Martinique are in the process of being salvaged. The southern part of Martinique (from the quiet pool south) is still being used, and the bus stop for Martinique is still in operation. To answer a question from a post below, as of the time of this post, only the Barbados bus stop was closed. All other Disney bus stops were open.

IMG_9681.JPG

IMG_9682.JPG

Last edited:

Patcheslee

was curious to see if anyone had experienced this construction yet at CBR so bumping the thread. Anyone stay here now that the food tents are up? Does anyone know if the refillable fountain machines are at each of these make shift mini markets?
Thr fountain machine is actually at the Ice/vending area in the same building as the village markets. Food truck seems really limited selection though. Buffet isn't bad but this is coming from someone who doesn't mind hotel food. I will say where the heck you put dirty plates isn't clear, or if you are supposed to leave them on the table. No signage

Minnnie

So sad to see this part of the resort like this. :( :(

I'm so glad I have many photos of Barbados taken during many stays there.

mitchk

Thanks for the update. As of now, it is being called a construction zone nightmare. People are a lil upset with the limited food truck menus for lunch, and to have pizza, or pasta delivered to your room is 2 Qs. My opinion is that they need a few more trucks there. I have heard breakfast is the best offering, how can you really mess up breakfast? Also heard the dinner buffet was decent. Im headed back in December, I'm courios to see how far along they will be. The project was oringally supposed to be completed in early 2018, I think now it has been pushed back to the summer of 2018, or the end of 2018... I'm thinking the latter..... still got my $75 a day gift card, and free dining ..so I'm not complaining ;)

surfsupdon

Are the busses still stopping at Barbados? (For Custom House)

Did they combine Martinique and OPR to just one stop? Which they now should!

Easily get rid of 2 stops on that route!!

mitchk

That's a good question, I stay in the Jamaica section so I didn't ask about that..I'll try to find out, or maybe someone on here will know :)

The Barbados bus stop has been closed. If traveling to the custom house, take the internal shuttle from any of the other bus stops. And there is no pedestrian access to or from the custom house with the rest of the resort.

The other bus stops are the same.

Kamikaze

Thanks for the update. As of now, it is being called a construction zone nightmare. People are a lil upset with the limited food truck menus for lunch, and to have pizza, or pasta delivered to your room is 2 Qs. My opinion is that they need a few more trucks there. I have heard breakfast is the best offering, how can you really mess up breakfast? Also heard the dinner buffet was decent. Im headed back in December, I'm courios to see how far along they will be. The project was oringally supposed to be completed in early 2018, I think now it has been pushed back to the summer of 2018, or the end of 2018... I'm thinking the latter..... still got my $75 a day gift card, and free dining ..so I'm not complaining ;)

There are two separate projects. The OPR project and the DVC tower. The OPR is the one that should be done in early 2018. The DVC tower is going to take a lot longer.

Laurence

So...dining options aside, anyone know if the park to resort merch delivery is still running? I'm at CBR in November and not having to carry bags around is one of my favourite perks!

So...dining options aside, anyone know if the park to resort merch delivery is still running? I'm at CBR in November and not having to carry bags around is one of my favourite perks!
You can bring your green slip to room 3109. That's the new concierge location during the refurb.

Biff215

Great pics, Steve. Reminds me just how close CBR is to Epcot. Will they be able to hide this new tower from view in the park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom