FOP being evacuated 6-9-17

mmouse

Original Poster
Not sure what's going on but as we rode the bus into AK at 10:20 today it appeared FOP was being evacuated.

BEARSHOUSE4

Posted on twitter IMG_0241.JPGIMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0242.JPG

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Has the rain been that bad down in Orlando? We've had flood warnings up here in North Florida.

Any word if this evacuation was also due to fire alarms? Not uncommon for new buildings to have issues with fire alarms when occupancy starts.....

mmouse

Original Poster
It is definitely today. They confirmed at front of ride it was a fire alarm. Still closed as of 11:45.

CJR

I noticed that it was down too. We have FoP FP's tonight so I've been checking on wait times for NRJ. It's shown both attractions closed on the app since the 10am hour, at least.

LAKid53

Premium Member
We're visiting in 62 days, primarily for Pandora, so I hope they resolve the issues with the fire alarms by then.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I visited last month for the previews and I don't remember reading any post about issues with the fire alarms. Or problems during opening weekend. So I'm thinking there are issues with heavy rainfall that is setting off the fire alarms for some reason. Florida has gotten lots of rain over the past few days - I think we got 8" yesterday where I live. Does not bode well as we enter hurricane season and the months of lots of rain in Florida.

larandtra

Sucks for the guests who planned their day out. I was on POC last week when it got stuck and we sat watching the dog with the keys for about 30 minutes. They compensated us with a FP good for any ride in any park other than Frozen or Pandora and Rivers of Light. We had to wait 20 minutes for a meal reservation at Garden Grille and they compensated us the same way. Rivers of Light was cancelled due to technical issues one night and they just put an any use FP on MDE that I could use in addition to other FPs. While it sucks for a lot of people, I am pretty sure there will be some compensation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sucks for the guests who planned their day out. I was on POC last week when it got stuck and we sat watching the dog with the keys for about 30 minutes. They compensated us with a FP good for any ride in any park other than Frozen or Pandora and Rivers of Light. We had to wait 20 minutes for a meal reservation at Garden Grille and they compensated us the same way. Rivers of Light was cancelled due to technical issues one night and they just put an any use FP on MDE that I could use in addition to other FPs. While it sucks for a lot of people, I am pretty sure there will be some compensation.
It seems comps weren't automatically being given out. Guests from FOP at least for one of the evacs had to go GR to claim.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Comps are often not given out automatically during fire alarm situations. Standard downtime yes, but with the fire alarm the priority is getting guests out as quickly as possible and dealing with comps later.
As it was in this particular case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom