FOP being evacuated 6-9-17

rocketraccoon

Man, I saw the wait time displays shut off right as I went to head into River Journey. By about 11 the line for the Kilimanjaro Safaris FastPass line was absurdly long. Still have my free FastPass I never used. Sucks for the people that had to wait in line for three hours.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It appears the FACP for NRJ and FOP controls the systems for both attractions, hence when one building trips, the alarms sounds in both. They should IMO separate the systems for both rides and put them on separate FACPs.

Can you, and more importantly, would you want to for safety reasons for the same building?

ETA: and would fire code regulations allow you to.

peter11435

It appears the FACP for NRJ and FOP controls the systems for both attractions, hence when one building trips, the alarms sounds in both. They should IMO separate the systems for both rides and put them on separate FACPs.
They are both the same building. In some cases they overlap within the same building.

DisAl

If the urinals have the IR sensor flush controls a loss of power could cause them to be out of service. (Some are battery powered, some line powered.)
;)My dad told me once there was a guy behind the wall looking through the little red windows to see when they needed to flush.:rolleyes:

LAKid53

Premium Member
If the urinals have the IR sensor flush controls a loss of power could cause them to be out of service. (Some are battery powered, some line powered.)
;)My dad told me once there was a guy behind the wall looking through the little red windows to see when they needed to flush.:rolleyes:

If the toilets do, then I bet the urinals do, also. But they would have to then be manually flushed. What an interesting sidebar discussion....

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

The most current revision of NFPA 72 (fire alarm code) and basis for the fire alarm component of the building codes to which RCID is subject to does not allow for multiple individual systems within a common structure. You are also required to shutdown house audio to give priority to the fire alarm signals. TDO uses Siemens as the fire alarm vendor you can bet your rear end they have techs looking to resolve the problem asap. If I had to guess they are probably having an issue with one of the Vesda aspirating smoke detectors which can be sensitive.

And just remember The first of Walt Disney productions core show principles: Safety

roj2323

Toilets operate mechanically via water pressure - water in tank flushes water out of bowl and then tank refills. But I'm not an expert on urinals....
The only toilets on property that work that way (tanks that refill after each flush) are off stage. The only urinals that did work that way were the urinals at Brown derby but they have since been converted. All of the toilets are flushed via line pressure activated by an electronic controller.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The only toilets on property that work that way (tanks that refill after each flush) are off stage. The only urinals that did work that way were the urinals at Brown derby but they have since been converted. All of the toilets are flushed via line pressure activated by an electronic controller.

Thanks...I now know more about Disney plumbing than I ever expected (or wanted to)! :p

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And the infrared sensors to trigger the valves to flush said toidies. All because people are reliably unreliable when charged with moving a handle on their own.
Well, there's always the low-tech option that doesn't need water or electricity...
4-outhouse-plans-and-ideas-for-the-homestead.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom