Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout connects to Alien Encounter

Kamikaze

Because it makes it feel more "real" when you have a consistent storyline with no contradictions. Which is why I hate it when Hollywood re-boots things and a major factor in why I hate Marvel. Personally the day the Star Wars Expanded Universe was classified" Legends" felt like a personal affront and why I have such mixed feelings about The Force Awakens.

Some of the EU was great. Some was in a box. Example: Waru.

montyz81

I just hope that now that Pandora is done, the rest of the rumors around GoTG, UoE, ToT, Tomorrowland redo, FutureWorld/Innovention redo, IP rides in World Showcase will all start to gain more definition. The waiting for these rumors to transition to reality is killing me!

HMF

I just hope that now that Pandora is done, the rest of the rumors around GoTG, UoE, ToT, Tomorrowland redo, FutureWorld/Innovention redo, IP rides in World Showcase will all start to gain more definition. The waiting for these rumors to transition to reality is killing me!
I think when some of them are implemented it might kill me.

Jones14

What does Wreck-it Ralph have to do with Tomorrowland?
It doesn't really, but the speedway takes up real estate in both Fantasyland in Tomorrowland, so unless you're talking about bulldozing and starting over, you're going to have a clash of aesthetics somewhere. Ralph has the opportunity to incorporate both sugar sweet (Fantasyland) and hi-tech sci-fi (Tomorrowland) aesthetics, so it's an ideal candidate if they're looking to overlay the Speedway and get rid of those awful cars.

Back to Guardians, @marni1971 @Magic Feather is there ANY chance of the Guardians ending up in Tomorrowland?

Captain Neo

Original Poster
Some of the EU was great. Some was **** in a box. Example: Waru.

Waru wasn't part of the EU. That was a character in some Christmas special George Lucas made for tv in the 70s.

and while Disney going all in on Star Wars has been my dream forever I must say what they have replaced the EU with has been mostly garbage (including the watered down and safe force awakens). Rebels, the Marvel Comics, and arguably Rogue One have been good though.

Rich T

"There's nothing like the smell of gasoline in Tomorrowland" - Anyone who grew up in the 70's and 80's. :D I'm one of those who actually likes the smell, but I know many do not.
Count me as another who loves the gasoline smell of Speeway & Autopia. On roadtrips, I love the gasoline smell of service stations and truckstops. It smells like.... ADVENTURE! :D Granted, if I had to work inside that cloud for eight hours every day, it probably would lose its charm pretty quick.

HMF

It doesn't really, but the speedway takes up real estate in both Fantasyland in Tomorrowland, so unless you're talking about bulldozing and starting over, you're going to have a clash of aesthetics somewhere. Ralph has the opportunity to incorporate both sugar sweet (Fantasyland) and hi-tech sci-fi (Tomorrowland) aesthetics, so it's an ideal candidate if they're looking to overlay the Speedway and get rid of those awful cars.

Back to Guardians, @marni1971 @Magic Feather is there ANY chance of the Guardians ending up in Tomorrowland?
The question is will it be part of Fantasyland or Tomorrowland?

HMF

Video Games

and btw whats your opinion on James Gunn and Joe Rhode pocking fun at people like you in Mission:Breakout? One of the lines Rocket can say when the doors open at the top of the tower is
"Is that Disneyland? That's thematically inconsistent!"
I have addressed that on another board and I find it sad that Disney cares so little about thematic consistency that they would literally make a joke about it. Still it is quite surreal hearing your words in a Disney Attraction. I did hope it would happen someday but not in this context.

Last edited:

Jones14

The question is will it be part of Fantasyland or Tomorrowland?
I think it depends on how it's presented. If they go with the plan they had when Ralph was taking over Stitch, I'd imagine Tomorrowland, as you'd enter a Tron-esque area and then "enter" the game through the machine. If it's just Sugar Rush with no pretense, I'd imagine they'd just mark it as part of Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom