Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout connects to Alien Encounter

wdwgreek

There is no "Disney Universe" in the sense that there is no inter-connected world where Ariel crosses over with Belle etc. Each Disney Animated Disney film is set in it's own setting with it's own premise there is no over arching story tying everything together. Walt hated the idea of sequels, He wanted to always do something new.
Except for when uncle sam was paying for Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros, Jose reprises his role in the latter film. It is a spiritual sequel if not a literal one. Yes Walt wanted to do new things, but he also wanted to make money to reinvest in future endevors. His wife was only going to let them mortgage the house so many times after all... anyways....

wdwgreek

Those are purely for marketing purposes. Not to be taken too literally. I hate the "Disney Princess" Brand for that very reason.
I thought it was a creating a lived in time and place where these fantasy characters actually live and all that.

Bender123

Except for when uncle sam was paying for Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros, Jose reprises his role in the latter film. It is a spiritual sequel if not a literal one. Yes Walt wanted to do new things, but he also wanted to make money to reinvest in future endevors. His wife was only going to let them mortgage the house so many times after all... anyways....

I wonder how many mortgages are going to go under at ESPN...Will we get to see an interconnected ESPN universe with a Princess Chris Berman being rescued by Sports Goofy? I would actually pay to see Princess Berman, which is something I can not say for regular Chris Berman.

Brer Oswald

Heck Jose was in three films...and cartoons afterwards! Not to mention that the second star to the right is in at least three Disney films, so yes there are some in-universe connections.

Brer Oswald

What section of it is unfinished? What is it missing?
Don't get me wrong, the stuff they added is great......well, mostly great. What's bad about it is that it makes old FL stick out like a sore thumb. It's an inconsistent thematic mess. When you set up to get a job done, finish the job entirely, like they did with the '83 expansion at DL.

Kamikaze

Don't get me wrong, the stuff they added is great......well, mostly great. What's bad about it is that it makes old FL stick out like a sore thumb. It's an inconsistent thematic mess. When you set up to get a job done, finish the job entirely, like they did with the '83 expansion at DL.

But there are three separately themed areas? It wouldn't make sense for the mine train to be part of the castle grounds, and it wouldn't be possible to 'shrink' the castle enough to take the nearby attractions from that theme, so what do you propose for a solution?

This isn't even considering the Circus area which is pretty clearly defined.

Brer Oswald

But there are three separately themed areas? It wouldn't make sense for the mine train to be part of the castle grounds, and it wouldn't be possible to 'shrink' the castle enough to take the nearby attractions from that theme, so what do you propose for a solution?

This isn't even considering the Circus area which is pretty clearly defined.
Who said anything about shrinking the castle? I'm talking about Peter Pan, Small World, Philharmagic, and Fairytale Hall. When you have beautiful facades designed for the films the attractions are based on, the 70's style medieval tents stick out like a sore thumb. At least with Pooh, they tried to somewhat fix this, but this creates even more inconsistency.

Kamikaze

Who said anything about shrinking the castle? I'm talking about Peter Pan, Small World, Philharmagic, and Fairytale Hall. When you have beautiful facades designed for the films the attractions are based on, the 70's style medieval tents stick out like a sore thumb. At least with Pooh, they tried to somewhat fix this, but this creates even more inconsistency.

Not actually shrinking the castle, but doing so thematically. The medieval tents are themed that way because they are in a medieval courtyard of the castle. So if they were going to retheme the facades, they would have to find a way to make the castle appear smaller, as if those attractions were not in the courtyard of it.

Movielover

Not actually shrinking the castle, but doing so thematically. The medieval tents are themed that way because they are in a medieval courtyard of the castle. So if they were going to retheme the facades, they would have to find a way to make the castle appear smaller, as if those attractions were not in the courtyard of it.

Yeah I see what you mean but I could see them easily re-constructing the facades to better match the castle's look, there by tying them into the castle's courtyard and ditching the 70's look...

Brer Oswald

I think that you are thinking of the carousel and the shops that are actually attached to the castle, which should stay the same. Maybe even keep Philharmagic and Fairy Tale Hall the same because they are closer to the castle. However, there is absolutely no reason Peter Pan and Small world's facades should be in a 70s medieval fair style. There about as far from the castle as Mine Train, and that doesn't have a fair theme.

Lora Baines Bradley

As a huge fan of Marvel and Disney, I think this is pretty cool. It's a fun little Easter egg that most guests will walk by and say "oh, it's a dragon" while those who know Figment will recognize him. It's a nod to the fans. I don't see how it's any different than the Pizza Planet truck in almost every Pixar movie. There's even a Figment cameo in Inside Out. Heh, I wonder if the Collector has Dreamfinder in his collection, too? ;)

Brer Oswald

As a huge fan of Marvel and Disney, I think this is pretty cool. It's a fun little Easter egg that most guests will walk by and say "oh, it's a dragon" while those who know Figment will recognize him. It's a nod to the fans. I don't see how it's any different than the Pizza Planet truck in almost every Pixar movie. There's even a Figment cameo in Inside Out. Heh, I wonder if the Collector has Dreamfinder in his collection, too? ;)
Keep in mind that Figment received his own MARVEL comic series, which not only had one volume but two (or two "sets" of volumes depending on how you look at it). The reference probably means nothing, but don't anybody write it off as a silly little Easter egg just yet! ;)

Lora Baines Bradley

Keep in mind that Figment received his own MARVEL comic series, which not only had one volume but two (or two "sets" of volumes depending on how you look at it). The reference probably means nothing, but don't anybody write it off as a silly little Easter egg just yet! ;)
:eek:I thought about how Marvel had made a Figment comic series (I own all of them!) and was thinking about how there might be a connection there...JII in Marvel Universe confirmed? :p anything with the Marvel logo pretty much prints money, so a JII ride with a Marvel sticker on it, as cash-grabby as it may seem, could be a good idea. Of course, it's likely just a pipe dream, so...:inlove:

FigmentJedi

:eek:I thought about how Marvel had made a Figment comic series (I own all of them!) and was thinking about how there might be a connection there...JII in Marvel Universe confirmed? :p anything with the Marvel logo pretty much prints money, so a JII ride with a Marvel sticker on it, as cash-grabby as it may seem, could be a good idea. Of course, it's likely just a pipe dream, so...:inlove:
Figment and the rest of the Disney Kingdoms books are their own little universe separate from the rest of Marvel with bits of interconnectivity here and there ranging from the Museum of the Weird that started the line showing up in a painting in the Haunted Mansion to a mystery girl in the Tiki Room book essentially revealing herself as a descendant of Thunder Mountain's Barnabas T. Bullion. Doesn't reeaaally count as the "Marvel Universe". Plus, it's not like Disney's making rides out of comics, just the MCU.

Lora Baines Bradley

Figment and the rest of the Disney Kingdoms books are their own little universe separate from the rest of Marvel with bits of interconnectivity here and there ranging from the Museum of the Weird that started the line showing up in a painting in the Haunted Mansion to a mystery girl in the Tiki Room book essentially revealing herself as a descendant of Thunder Mountain's Barnabas T. Bullion. Doesn't reeaaally count as the "Marvel Universe". Plus, it's not like Disney's making rides out of comics, just the MCU.

True, true. I am familiar with the line. I have this bad habit of getting ahead of myself and thinking about possibilities that are unlikely to happen. :oops: The idea of Figment being in the MCU is cool to think about, at least. :)

(Also, at the risk of sounding weird, I have lurked in this forum for many years and I always appreciated your posts. I never had the chance to experience EPCOT Center, and I am eager for that same original theme to return to Epcot. Your posts are always awesome to read because it really helped me dig into Epcot's history and appreciate it. And before I make this any more awkward...I'll take my leave. :angelic:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom