Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout connects to Alien Encounter

Kamikaze

Waru wasn't part of the EU. That was a character in some Christmas special George Lucas made for tv in the 70s.

and while Disney going all in on Star Wars has been my dream forever I must say what they have replaced the EU with has been mostly garbage (including the watered down and safe force awakens). Rebels, the Marvel Comics, and arguably Rogue One have been good though.

Are you trying to be funny? Because Crystal Star was most definitely not the Christmas Special.

Also, you've listed almost everything 'new' except TFA as 'good'. So that makes it not 'mostly garbage'. The book about the Grand Admiral (and I don't appreciate you stealing my avatar from a previous life, btw) was very good, the aftermath books are good, and having one cohesive storyline is always going to be better than the jumbled mess that the EU had to fight out of.

Also bad EU: Luuke. The Ewok movies. Killing Anakin Solo.

HMF

I think it depends on how it's presented. If they go with the plan they had when Ralph was taking over Stitch, I'd imagine Tomorrowland, as you'd enter a Tron-esque area and then "enter" the game through the machine. If it's just Sugar Rush with no pretense, I'd imagine they'd just mark it as part of Fantasyland.
Well as far as I am concerned the Fantasyland Expansion isn't "Finished" anyway.

Kamikaze

I have addressed that on another board and I find it sad that Disney cares so little about thematic consistency that they would literally make a joke about it. Still it is quite surreal hearing your words in a Disney Attraction. I did hope it would happen someday but not in this context.

Considering that you haven't attended the parks in a decade and hate them so much, I don't know why it even concerns you what is said on an attraction.

Kamikaze

Don't think he hates them at all...I think like most of us, we care deeply...that is why we get upset or angry when TWDC doesn't seem to have the same care for the end product...

You're right, creating attractions and lands that are getting rave reviews from the people that are actually attending them and not keyboard-warrioring it up isn't 'caring about the end product'.

You can disagree with the moves and choices that TWDC makes, absolutely. But when you say things like 'Joe Rohde should quit instead of work on IPs' that makes you a joke. Disney has both of the most popular and profitable current franchises - not even considering the power of the Disney brand itself. Anyone saying that they shouldn't be heavily digging in to capitalize on those franchises is insane. Or should Uni have stopped at one HP ride in one park?

Well as far as I am concerned the Fantasyland Expansion isn't "Finished" anyway.

Have you even seen the FLE in person?

Kamikaze

Have you had personal conversations with Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton?
Have you been to Fiji?

Having first hand experience certainly adds significantly to the conversation, but it in no way makes the opinIons of those who have not had those experiences invalid- particularly with the media coverage and videos we have nowadays.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Those are not 'experiences' that you see in person (I've actually seen both of them in person, TBH). But making an argument that 'X is bad' when you haven't even seen it isn't helping anyone.

I think you chose political people to get this off track, but when its a public figure, you don't have to 'experience' them one on one - you can listen to or read what they say to form an opinion on them. When its a theme park or a land or an attraction, you have to do that in person for your personal opinion on that thing to mean anything. I wouldn't pass any personal judgement on anything at WDW I haven't seen, and if you've read what I posted, I only mention what people who have been on them have said.

Kamikaze

*yawn* ok. How about skydiving? Will that fit in your criteria? How about riding a new roller coaster? Is that ok?

How is someone saying "That would be so fun" not a valid opinion just because they haven't experienced it? Ah, yes- that's right, that would be valid- since they share your opinion. It's only if they say "That wouldn't be fun" that it isn't valid. :rolleyes:

Here's where you are confused:

'That would be fun' is a thought or a statement. That isn't an attempt to project that person's views.

'Fantasyland isn't finished' is an opinion.

If he had said 'I don't think I would enjoy Fantasyland' - thats a valid statement for someone who hasn't attended the park. What he actually posted is not.

And no, posting about how good/bad a new coaster without actually riding it isn't 'ok' either. An opinion is useless if its completely uninformed.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The easiest way to improve Stitch would be to remove all the show elements, keep the air conditioning and seats and call it a day. Air Conditioning:The Experience! seems like a AAA attraction over Stitch.
I would keep the chili dog burp, and time it to go off every 10 minutes. That's the guests' cue that it's time to move on out and let someone else enjoy the cool darkness.

Kamikaze

I don't have to experience a "Officer Hop's Wild Adventure" ride located in the UK pavilion to tell you that it doesn't fit thematically, correct? I don't have to experience Volcano Bay to tell you that it isn't finished.
Which is all he said. The fact is, you just have some weird fetish to argue about the most mundane and trivial crap. It's ok that someone has a different opinion than yours. Is there a thread you're currently participating in that you aren't arguing with someone? Give it a break man- step back from the pc for a couple weeks.

Right, but the prevailing wisdom (and reviews) of Volcano Bay is that its pretty screwed. There is no such thing for FL. And since he is the one making the assinine statement, he is the one that has to provide some sort of reasoning. But he likes to throw out these completely insane one liners with no back up information or reasoning. I'm going to continue to call him out on them. This is a discussion forum, after all, not a 'lets crazy people post nonsense' forum.

HMF

Actually I guess that means they are all part of the "Disney Universe".
There is no "Disney Universe" in the sense that there is no inter-connected world where Ariel crosses over with Belle etc. Each Disney Animated Disney film is set in it's own setting with it's own premise there is no over arching story tying everything together. Walt hated the idea of sequels, He wanted to always do something new.

DisneyNomad

There is no "Disney Universe" in the sense that there is no inter-connected world where Ariel crosses over with Belle etc. Each Disney Animated Disney film is set in it's own setting with it's own premise there is no over arching story tying everything together. Walt hated the idea of sequels, He wanted to always do something new.

Don't disagree with the Walt statement. The company has made many attempts to align a "Disney Universe" be it the weird alternate of Once Upon a Time, the young princesses of Princess Pets or whatever that show on Disney Junior is, and the most telling of all, Kingdom Hearts with video games on every platform imaginable where all worlds cross over in one "universe"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Except when the princesses have a royal court together and welcome a new princess.

Or when in Princess Hall, one princess is welcoming another princess who is appearing with her.

Or they host a princess meal together.

Or when they all appear together in marketing.

Or when the Princesses appear on Sofia the First, which also links in Elena.

And they're all linked to Jesus Christ... There was an Elena episode where they celebrated Navidad and her Northern European friend called it "Christmas." So, they got religion, too!

...which links them to Narnia...

HMF

Except when the princesses have a royal court together and welcome a new princess.

Or when in Princess Hall, one princess is welcoming another princess who is appearing with her.

Or they host a princess meal together.

Or when they all appear together in marketing.

Or when the Princesses appear on Sofia the First, which also links in Elena.

And they're all linked to Jesus Christ... There was an Elena episode where they celebrated Navidad and her Northern European friend called it "Christmas." So, they got religion, too!

...which links them to Narnia...
Those are purely for marketing purposes. Not to be taken too literally. I hate the "Disney Princess" Brand for that very reason.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Those are purely for marketing purposes. Not to be taken too literally. I hate the "Disney Princess" Brand for that very reason.
I wonder how much more real the Marvel Universe is than the Disney Universe... and how much more real either is than "marketing purposes"...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom