working out for Disney

StarWarsGirl

I've never been flexible but yoga is helping that. My James is the human pretzel and I have no clue where that came from. He's not allowed to do yoga with me because he spend the whole time laughing:cautious: until it's balance pose time:D He's got excellent balance but the patience of a gnat when teasing me:brb:
Well, he's fairly typical. :p

I tried doing Yoga poses with my Wii Fit a while back. As it turns out, I really hate it. I'm sticking with walking and weight lifting (though just weight lifting for now).

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, he's fairly typical. :p

I tried doing Yoga poses with my Wii Fit a while back. As it turns out, I really hate it. I'm sticking with walking and weight lifting (though just weight lifting for now).
I agree the WII yoga stunk. In fact I think the only thing I used it for was the step board:hilarious: If you want to try yoga I suggest starting with Shiva' Rea's beginner. I think it may be on Prime(not sure if it's one of the free ones). Pshyche Truth on you tube is another place to find some fun ones and they are free:joyfull::joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning another day another PT practice to start(mostly arms and core) so it was followed by SR's lower body. It seems Marchuary is back:mad: so the freezing chickens are staying inside:grumpy::( I already have a kickboxing workout ready to go as soon as everybody is gone:joyfull: I'm going to kick and punch the :brb:out of the groundhog:D For lunch I'm going to water saute some peppers and onions add a splash of evoo and basalmic ( maybe apple cider) then toss it with spinach, tomatoes and some white beans:hungry: I may do the same for dinner and add in some artichoke hearts and olives:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Me this morning 2 yoga practices no problem, kickboxing no problem, walking to the garage, SPLAT:facepalm: My calf feels funny:mad::(:grumpy: Hope it's just a minor pull. I'm staying inside for now. It's too cold to be outside anyway:cold:

StarWarsGirl

I agree the WII yoga stunk. In fact I think the only thing I used it for was the step board:hilarious: If you want to try yoga I suggest starting with Shiva' Rea's beginner. I think it may be on Prime(not sure if it's one of the free ones). Pshyche Truth on you tube is another place to find some fun ones and they are free:joyfull::joyfull:
I like the strength training on it. I like that it keeps me on task. I could probably do the same exercises on my own...but I would find ways to delay things.

Although one day, it tried to change the trainer on me from the female trainer to the male trainer and said, "I hope this is okay," and I was like "No, this is NOT okay, you're a machine; give me the female trainer!" :hilarious:

There's Pilates for the Wii Fit; was thinking of getting that. I think I'm done with Yoga.

93boomer

Premium Member
Today is an easy day walking. I did over 14,000 steps yesterday between outlet shopping and walking when I got home. Taking it easy a bit. Besides it is a rainy day. How do people run in rainy weather? I just can't get motivated to get out in it and walk. :eek:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh, no. I would try to stay off it, if possible. I hope it's nothing major, too.
I've got an afternoon of reading planned in my dh's recliner to keep it elevated and chamomile tea(so I don't get tempted to push it). It feels like if I'm very careful today it should (fingers crossed) be much better by tomorrow. All winter I was ever so careful with all the ice we had and it was the spring mud that got me:facepalm::hilarious::confused::banghead:

Sans Souci

I've got an afternoon of reading planned in my dh's recliner to keep it elevated and chamomile tea(so I don't get tempted to push it). It feels like if I'm very careful today it should (fingers crossed) be much better by tomorrow. All winter I was ever so careful with all the ice we had and it was the spring mud that got me:facepalm::hilarious::confused::banghead:

Good. I hope the reading and relaxing with the leg elevated helps your leg feel better. I have a sunken living room and I was stepping down two stinking step with a cup of coffee. My right glute bore the brunt of the fall and that hip hasn't felt right since (limited flexibility.). I got coffee everywhere, too.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did two workouts today. One was a 25 minute upper body workout that I did this morning, then I did a Spinning workout later on this afternoon. My husband came home from Pittsburgh last night. I slept like a baby. It was great. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good. I hope the reading and relaxing with the leg elevated helps your leg feel better. I have a sunken living room and I was stepping down two stinking step with a cup of coffee. My right glute bore the brunt of the fall and that hip hasn't felt right since (limited flexibility.). I got coffee everywhere, too.
Hugs. It's starting to feel better. Ice 20 on, 20 off. I'm hoping better not just numb:hilarious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
@figmentfan423 How is your calf feeling today?
Much better thnx for asking. I'm wrapped from just below the knee though my foot but I'm not in any pain:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:. Needless to say today is a rest day. I did a nice gentle practice that was mostly seated or on my back with only one plank and one down dog, lots of twist because it was for digestion, detox and core. Tonight I'm making hummus and veggies with orange quinoa(TC's tangerine couscous recipe):hungry:

Sans Souci

Much better thnx for asking. I'm wrapped from just below the knee though my foot but I'm not in any pain:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:. Needless to say today is a rest day. I did a nice gentle practice that was mostly seated or on my back with only one plank and one down dog, lots of twist because it was for digestion, detox and core. Tonight I'm making hummus and veggies with orange quinoa(TC's tangerine couscous recipe):hungry:

Great. Hope you're back to normal tomorrow. Your dinner sounds delicious. I love the couscous from TC. I love that whole veggie platter they serve, actually. :inlove:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I just finished a lower body strength training/HIIT video on You Tube. I'm keeping an eye on my legs for bulk. LOL

As of today, I am down 25.5 lbs. since November. I have been going through things that were too small for me a couple of years ago and I find they fit with room to spare. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I just finished a lower body strength training/HIIT video on You Tube. I'm keeping an eye on my legs for bulk. LOL

As of today, I am down 25.5 lbs. since November. I have been going through things that were too small for me a couple of years ago and I find they fit with room to spare. :)
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see some fun clothes shopping in your future:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning and happy zen day. I'm on the mend but will take it easy for at least today. Today's plans include a face mask, hair mask and a long soak in the tub. Also included a bit of sewing for ME because I managed to get a dress cut out yesterday( wasn't sure I'd be able to do that when I started):inlove: I have some spinach that needs to get eaten, now the question is what to do with it:hilarious: Hope you're all having a great weekend:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom