working out for Disney

Lilofan

Oh that's weird, they usually let you select your step goal. I have had a few different trackers over the years and they all let me set my step goals.

Is Get Fit with Rick the guy who lives in Dubai? I remember doing a few walking workouts on YouTube with a guy who did them outside in Dubai.
Dubai minus the desert like heat / sandstorms is a great place to visit. Very safe, clean, delish Arabic and Indian cuisine, International cuisine expensive cheap veg/non veg , shopping malls that would put many countries to shame. The gyms there are state of the art but not many run/walk outside because of the intense heat. One must adhere to their cultural customs but I'm good with that. One unique thing about Dubai is public drunkenness is not tolerated and I would not want to be involved and spending time in a Dubai prison and no PDA in public.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Dubai minus the desert like heat / sandstorms is a great place to visit. Very safe, clean, delish Arabic and Indian cuisine, International cuisine expensive cheap veg/non veg , shopping malls that would put many countries to shame. The gyms there are state of the art but not many run/walk outside because of the intense heat. One must adhere to their cultural customs but I'm good with that. One unique thing about Dubai is public drunkenness is not tolerated and I would not want to be involved and spending time in a Dubai prison and no PDA in public.

I have read articles where it is a crime to be pregnant as an unmarried woman. I also saw a video about an unmarried Emirates flight attendant who did not know she was pregnant, give birth on a layover in Sydney. She could not return to Dubai because she would have been arrested. At minimum, she lost her job.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did an unpleasant workout this AM. Too many burpees. I am half way through a six program, so I might actually make it through. I am notorious for not finishing programs. lol

My test went ok yesterday. They told me what I have is probably benign, but I need to get mammograms every 6 months for two years before they can tell me I am benign. My PCP wants me to get MRIs, too. I was so relieved. I had been worried because I had an issue in the same spot before and was called back. I thought I'd run out of luck. I slept so well last night. I feel like I can enjoy summer now without question marks hanging over my head. Phew.

I am making a lasagna to deliver today. So, that's been keeping me busy today. :)

Songbird76

Hello-

I did an unpleasant workout this AM. Too many burpees. I am half way through a six program, so I might actually make it through. I am notorious for not finishing programs. lol

My test went ok yesterday. They told me what I have is probably benign, but I need to get mammograms every 6 months for two years before they can tell me I am benign. My PCP wants me to get MRIs, too. I was so relieved. I had been worried because I had an issue in the same spot before and was called back. I thought I'd run out of luck. I slept so well last night. I feel like I can enjoy summer now without question marks hanging over my head. Phew.

I am making a lasagna to deliver today. So, that's been keeping me busy today. :)
All-in-all, not bad news!! I'm glad it's most likely nothing to worry about!! The waiting is the worst, though, isn't it?

Sans Souci

All-in-all, not bad news!! I'm glad it's most likely nothing to worry about!! The waiting is the worst, though, isn't it?

Oh my gosh, yes. I honestly thought my number was up this time. I hate the idea of a biopsy. I did google what "probably benign" meant and it means there is a 2-3% of this developing into cancer, but the odds are exceedingly in my favor that it won't. I probably would not go back there for imaging. I never met the radiologist. He just had the tech tell me the results and I was half way home when I realized nobody did the prescribed ultra sound. I also have some questions, I was just so relieved that I forgot about the u/s. I am guessing the radiologist didn't feel it was necessary. It just bothers me a little, because the u/s was prescribed by my PCP and my GYN nurse practitioner since I have extremely dense tissue and that reduces the imaging sensitivity, so an ultra sound helps with additional imaging. My husband suggested I send a note to my PCP today, just to cover the bases.

Sans Souci

Hello

I did the same type of workout I have been doing for the past few weeks. I had to substitute burpees for this move in the workout. You had jump your feet onto a wall while putting your body weight into our hands, then do a jump tuck. Not happening. I am not putting my feet through dry wall for a workout. :hilarious: I did burpees and I still felt challenged.

There is a shop that opened up a few months ago near my house. It is called The British Shop. My husband wanted to go, because he thought they might have some perishable (but frozen goods) like sausages and maybe bacon. So we checked it out yesterday. It was a very sparse shop with very few shelves that were not very full. They carried British branded spices such as oregano, cumin, tarragon, etc--spices you can buy here much more cheaply at your local supermarket. So, we paid over the odds for a few candy bars. I am pretty sure this shop is some type of money laundering scheme. Most of the stuff they had can be ordered from Amazon for much less money. I can even get a lot of this stuff at my supermarket in the International Foods section. :rolleyes:

Songbird76

Oh my gosh, yes. I honestly thought my number was up this time. I hate the idea of a biopsy. I did google what "probably benign" meant and it means there is a 2-3% of this developing into cancer, but the odds are exceedingly in my favor that it won't. I probably would not go back there for imaging. I never met the radiologist. He just had the tech tell me the results and I was half way home when I realized nobody did the prescribed ultra sound. I also have some questions, I was just so relieved that I forgot about the u/s. I am guessing the radiologist didn't feel it was necessary. It just bothers me a little, because the u/s was prescribed by my PCP and my GYN nurse practitioner since I have extremely dense tissue and that reduces the imaging sensitivity, so an ultra sound helps with additional imaging. My husband suggested I send a note to my PCP today, just to cover the bases.
I had that once too. I found a lump and it was painful to the touch, my regular doctor was on vacation. (I was glad...I don't like my regular doctor, but there aren't any doctors in the area taking new patients, so I can't switch) The on-call doctor sent me for a mammogram and an ultrasound, because the tissue was so dense and I was pretty young, so they said an ultrasound was a good back up. It turned out to be just a clump of normal tissue, and the on-call had told me if it was painful, that was a good sign, because a cancerous lump usually isn't painful to the touch. It went away after like a week, so who knows what it was. But the waiting is just horrible.

Lilofan

Hello

I did the same type of workout I have been doing for the past few weeks. I had to substitute burpees for this move in the workout. You had jump your feet onto a wall while putting your body weight into our hands, then do a jump tuck. Not happening. I am not putting my feet through dry wall for a workout. :hilarious: I did burpees and I still felt challenged.

There is a shop that opened up a few months ago near my house. It is called The British Shop. My husband wanted to go, because he thought they might have some perishable (but frozen goods) like sausages and maybe bacon. So we checked it out yesterday. It was a very sparse shop with very few shelves that were not very full. They carried British branded spices such as oregano, cumin, tarragon, etc--spices you can buy here much more cheaply at your local supermarket. So, we paid over the odds for a few candy bars. I am pretty sure this shop is some type of money laundering scheme. Most of the stuff they had can be ordered from Amazon for much less money. I can even get a lot of this stuff at my supermarket in the International Foods section. :rolleyes:
Money laundering still goes on to this day. A personal banker at my local branch told me a small business owner who around town was well known to money launder tried applying for a $1M loan. The banker flat out rejected him for a small business loan because the business owner said most of his sales were cash only and the paper trail was only his the owner written receipts. The business owner did not take the rejection lightly.

Sans Souci

I had that once too. I found a lump and it was painful to the touch, my regular doctor was on vacation. (I was glad...I don't like my regular doctor, but there aren't any doctors in the area taking new patients, so I can't switch) The on-call doctor sent me for a mammogram and an ultrasound, because the tissue was so dense and I was pretty young, so they said an ultrasound was a good back up. It turned out to be just a clump of normal tissue, and the on-call had told me if it was painful, that was a good sign, because a cancerous lump usually isn't painful to the touch. It went away after like a week, so who knows what it was. But the waiting is just horrible.
I wonder if what you had was something from cyclical hormones? My doctor responded to my message and he said it's a good idea to do an MRI now. He was surprised I did not get a u/s, since he ordered one. He said u/s can lead to a lot of false positives and needless biopsies, so there is a downside. If there is something, I'd like to do it now while I have health insurance. My husband's boss told him (and the rest of her team) their jobs are not guaranteed depending on election results. They could be replaced by political appointments, so we would lose health insurance.

Sans Souci

Money laundering still goes on to this day. A personal banker at my local branch told me a small business owner who around town was well known to money launder tried applying for a $1M loan. The banker flat out rejected him for a small business loan because the business owner said most of his sales were cash only and the paper trail was only his the owner written receipts. The business owner did not take the rejection lightly.
Oof. My husband used to work for a bank that was fined about 2 billion for laundering money for terrorist orgs, drug lords, arms dealers, etc--the luminaries of society. /s

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did tr(dr)eadmill workout this AM. I think, if I decide to finish the program I am currently doing, I might do a stint of yoga. I am starting to feel a beat up and sore most of the time.

My husband was going to go to a conference in September. It's being held at Coronado Springs. I have never stayed there, but I think I might go with him if he does. It is only a couple of nights. I don't know if he is even going, he's got a lot going on then. He told me he was hoping it was going to be at the Contemporary, I was hoping for the Dolphin. :hilarious:

The weather is looking somewhat decent for the holiday weekend, so I am grateful for that. :)

Lilofan

Oof. My husband used to work for a bank that was fined about 2 billion for laundering money for terrorist orgs, drug lords, arms dealers, etc--the luminaries of society. /s
That's pretty much how the Miami skyline was built up in the 1970s, 80s until money laundering rules were tightened for banks but laundering dirty money still occurs in our country. A neighbor of mine from Colombia explained in great detail how the process works present day. Instead of dealing with banks to hide their money , there are a number of folks that buy real estate which all know will eventually go up in value. The best sale of a realtor is when it is an all cash purchase.

Sans Souci

Good morning-

I did my quick workout this AM.

I don't know if it is the weather, but I have gone from 8+ hours/night of restful sleep to maybe 6 hours of broken sleep. It's gotten muggy, so I wake up feeling stuffy and hot--even with the AC. I feel so tired now. I keep setting my AC at a certain temp and when I wake up it is 81. My husband installed a Nest thermostat and I asked him not to, because I'd read that power companies were setting temp limits through the Nest thermostat (these thermostats were "free" from our power company). I don't know if that is what is happening here. I am resetting the temp a few times a day. I feel like I am playing a game. :hilarious:

Songbird76

I wonder if what you had was something from cyclical hormones? My doctor responded to my message and he said it's a good idea to do an MRI now. He was surprised I did not get a u/s, since he ordered one. He said u/s can lead to a lot of false positives and needless biopsies, so there is a downside. If there is something, I'd like to do it now while I have health insurance. My husband's boss told him (and the rest of her team) their jobs are not guaranteed depending on election results. They could be replaced by political appointments, so we would lose health insurance.
Yikes! That's scary! What exactly does your husband to? Hope the MRI goes well!

StarWarsGirl

Hopefully the MRI can give you some answers. I have had a biopsy and 10/10 - do not recommend. Obviously you might need one but it was no fun...

Hopefully if your husband gets laid off, they include insurance as part of his severance package. Whatever you do, do NOT get COBRA. Speaking from experience, it's way more expensive than getting insurance through your state's marketplace. I went through the whole layoff situation last year, and I absolutely couldn't go without health insurance. It wasn't terrible through the marketplace, but COBRA was insanely expensive.

Sans Souci

Hopefully the MRI can give you some answers. I have had a biopsy and 10/10 - do not recommend. Obviously you might need one but it was no fun...

Hopefully if your husband gets laid off, they include insurance as part of his severance package. Whatever you do, do NOT get COBRA. Speaking from experience, it's way more expensive than getting insurance through your state's marketplace. I went through the whole layoff situation last year, and I absolutely couldn't go without health insurance. It wasn't terrible through the marketplace, but COBRA was insanely expensive.

Yeah, I don't like the idea of a biopsy, which is why I was so relieved last week. My doc told me the MRI is better imaging, so fewer false +. I just don't know if my insurance will cover it. Even if I am denied, the odds are in my favor that this stays "probably benign" until it can be downgraded to "benign."

COBRA...OMG. I don't know of anyone who has lost a job and elected to go on it. I got laid off in my 20s and when I saw how much COBRA was, I decided to press my luck and go without until I found my next job. About 10 years ago, my husband was laid off and I think he did buy insurance through IL's marketplace, it was fine. I think he was surprised by the tax. lol

Sans Souci

Hello-

Checking in with a workout that took me just over 20 min to complete. It featured my nemesis, the burpee. :cautious: 🤬

I've been getting the yard ready for the weekend. I have no plans other than grilling and relaxing. I've already got the food and other things. I'm making lemon tiramisu for dessert because I don't have to turn on the oven. Anyway, I am looking forward to the unofficial start of summer. 🌴🌻🍉.

Lilofan

Yeah, I don't like the idea of a biopsy, which is why I was so relieved last week. My doc told me the MRI is better imaging, so fewer false +. I just don't know if my insurance will cover it. Even if I am denied, the odds are in my favor that this stays "probably benign" until it can be downgraded to "benign."

COBRA...OMG. I don't know of anyone who has lost a job and elected to go on it. I got laid off in my 20s and when I saw how much COBRA was, I decided to press my luck and go without until I found my next job. About 10 years ago, my husband was laid off and I think he did buy insurance through IL's marketplace, it was fine. I think he was surprised by the tax. lol
I was not working at the time but I’m glad I purchased private insurance. I drove myself to the ER at midnight and after describing the issues I had emergency appendectomy surgery later that morning after x rays. I was not admitted to stay overnight and I went home. The surgeon said if I did not go to the ER for another 48 hours it could have been worse. I received the bill. It was $42K. My copay was $0.

Sans Souci

Good afternoon-

I've been working out, I've just been busy with weekend stuff. I did a leg w/o yesterday (ouch) and a back w/o today.

I had a decent weekend, the only downside was the weather. It was a mix of sunshine and rain.

My husband has to get background checks for his job. The last time they did one was 2017, which was his first one. He is undergoing his second right now. He took today off to fill out the questionnaire part of the check. The last time they did a background check on him, they did one on me, too. I did not consent to this. The worst part was when an investigator called me up out of the blue to tell me she was going to be at my house in 10 min. It was 8-9 AM and I hadn't showered yet because it was right before easter and my family was arriving that night on their first trip to this house. I was doing one final clean before my mom (who likes to look for dust and then show you it) arrived. The investigator showed up and she was not pleasant. She was really short with me, she was cutting me off when I was speaking and I got the feeling she was trying to rattle me. She kept asking me about when my husband was unemployed and what he was doing with this free time. She kept asking me questions about where he went when he left the house. I would tell her things like, "to the store" "on a job interview" and "out for a run." Then she would say, "And you believed him?" Like I was a moron for believing he was telling me the truth. I don't know if she was expecting me to say he was picking up a dead drop in the garbage can of a public park left by a Russian spy. Then she went into questioning me about having duel citizenship and living overseas. She was here for 90 min. and I was really struggling to keep my anger in check. It was the poor attitude that got me--you're going to come into my house and treat me with disdain and disrespect? I told my husband this time around, I will not be letting anyone in this house to interrogate me and I will be informing them that I am not cooperating with their wannabe FBI nonsense when they call. He can sort it out at work. Other spouses do not get investigated, so I don't see why I should.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom