Annual Pass Previews of Pandora - The World of Avatar beginning May 13

mikeh

I never get the AP emails, but I have the luxury of checking this board and the other big Disney forum when I want, which is what I did this morning. I used the link someone had posted and got spots for two family members.

I don't know if there is a way to set up phone alerts for particular threads on these forums, but honestly that's probably where you will hear news like this first.

Relying on a mixture of sites is usually a good idea if you don't want to miss info

Millionaire2K

Long time AP holder (9 years) and DVC owner (8 years) and I got an AP invite email at 11:03am. The preview dates are for days I will not be at WDW so I didn't take any. My trip is May 1st - 10th.

How Childish people get when they don't get something is disgusting.

ratherbeinwdw

I have a feeling that the links in the emails are the only ones that were going to work correctly. Oh, and of course, the Disney Food Blog is not an official Disney site, so not surprised that it wouldn't work.

And so I just looked and it stated that she placed a link from her email to the site. I'm willing to bet that is verboten by Disney to do this. It's similar to printing fake passes from a real one.
Are you talking about my daughter. How do you know if she placed a link? She told the cm where she got the link. He had no problem with that. He said it was working for some, but not all, so he would email us a direct link. That's what never came. She did nothing but click the link that came up when she went to the blog.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Not sure that how many DVC points you have has any bearing on whether you got an invite?? You aren't local, and since you claim that you aren't going to Disney anyway, why would they send an invite to you, just to read more of your crap about how bad Disney is? If you don't already have a trip planned for those dates, I'm pretty sure their computer recognizes that, and has automatically excluded you.

And how do YOU have any idea what the distribution pattern is, to call it "interesting"?

It might be the emails I got from first time passholders and DVC members all excited about the link they just got for a Pandora preview and how they were going to book a short trip around it. Told them to enjoy their trip.

That's what's interesting about the distribution. Disney is using their big data systems very intelligently it seems.

Never even got a promo email on the Copper creek villas

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Are you talking about my daughter. How do you know if she placed a link? She told the cm where she got the link. He had no problem with that. He said it was working for some, but not all, so he would email us a direct link. That's what never came. She did nothing but click the link that came up when she went to the blog.
I was not talking about your daughter placing a link, but the DFB person.

Scuttle

What does that have to do with receiving an invite to a preview at Disney???? Nothing.

It shows you what shareholders use to receive at one point. So in turn people can expect to receive special stuff from the company they own. How's that entitlement when it was done before?
I got the email. I got the time I wanted. I still think it was a terrible way to handle reservations for such a large event.
such a terrible way!

Millionaire2K

I will agree Disney should not have such limited spots and also should have gave advance notice and set up a website to make reservations to Avatar. A random email is dumb.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It might be the emails I got from first time passholders and DVC members all excited about the link they just got for a Pandora preview and how they were going to book a short trip around it. Told them to enjoy their trip.

That's what's interesting about the distribution. Disney is using their big data systems very intelligently it seems.

Never even got a promo email on the Copper creek villas
So you base your position on a few emails that you received? Do you honestly believe that your personal emails are a representative sampling of who received them?

anchorman314

Before condemning Disney for questionable email invitations, it'd be helpful to understand who did and did not get invites. If you live 1500 miles away and don't have a resort reservation during the preview window, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney didn't send invitations to those AP holders / DVC members. Now if you have a resort reservation for that period and still did not get an email invite, that's a bit more questionable.

Disney-Trains

The last major preview (Everest) did not require any registration... You just showed up on the advertised date. It was one ride. You could ride as many times as you wanted to wait in line for.

Are there really that many more passholders now then in 2006?

This is a whole land with 2 major rides... At the time Everest was a huge deal... I don't see why it has to be so complicated to get in and look around.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
such a terrible way!

I will agree Disney should not have such limited spots and also should have gave advance notice and set up a website to make reservations to Avatar. A random email is dumb.
And then everyone would've complained that they didn't get a spot because the website was busy. Those slots would've been gone in under 5 minutes. It isn't like they are inviting 100,000 people to preview it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Before condemning Disney for questionable email invitations, it'd be helpful to understand who did and did not get invites. If you live 1500 miles away and don't have a resort reservation during the preview window, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney didn't send invitations to those AP holders / DVC members. Now if you have a resort reservation for that period and still did not get an email invite, that's a bit more questionable.

I live locally in Orlando and I and many other locals I've been in contact with today, did not get the emails announcing the preview registration.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We've been ap holders and dvc members fro 15 years now and got both the ap and dvc invite..I guarantee you this invite went out to guests who would be in the resorts that time span only and probably local residents...no matter how many points or ap level or how long...this was not sent to just first year dvc members or 1st year ap holders...In all honesty the only time I have ever gotten an invite to these is if I already had a reservation.

I am just grateful that dvc somewhat treats it's members like this .I mean look at the ap preview offer compared to the dvc preview offer both at the same time dvc has been justified in the race of who is treated better
..I'm sure if you had a reservation you would have gotten the invite.

I'm equally sure I would not have gotten an invite as Disney records customer sat interactions and I'm on record as on e who turns down freebies like 'free' fp's when they screw up

So I screw up their metrics because they cannot close the incident with customer satisfied with X.

And I do it for exactly that reason because every time you allow Disney to buy you off with a freebie it allows them to sweep the issue under a rug.

im not their ideal customer for this type of offer or any offer at all. I'm pretty sure they just want me to go away.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My AP invite arrived 10:16a this Friday morning.

This is my second year AP. I live in New Jersey. I was just at WDW the first week of March and saw RoL twice. I have no current reservations (I plan to go again first week of Sept).

djdan888

Anyone know how many people they allowed in per 2 hour window? It doesn't feel like a lot and I would imagine it is pretty low otherwise your preview would be spent in one single 220 minute ride line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom