Annual Pass Previews of Pandora - The World of Avatar beginning May 13

llrain

Excluding wdwmagic of course but this:
The moms and bloggers will be everywhere... can't wait:rolleyes:

Ugh the entitled bloggers and all their claims Tha they were the very first (un veifiable of course ) to ever touch the ride and got "special" treatment for their fake "media"creditentials. That's why I come here because the site owner doesn't rub it in our faces and isn't snooty like the rest of them.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Lol Okay well I'll continue to be rightfully upset about I product I pay for. You can just accept whatever makes you happy or in this case whatever you accept. Don't know why my reaction needed your input in the first place though.
Umm, where in the AP rules does it state that you have a right to previews of new attractions or areas? Having been an AP holder for decades, I certainly don't remember any such wording. I just enjoy paying less to enter the parks and being able to park hop whenever I want.

_mickey_

Touringplans is indicating their sources say over 100,000 people registered for the pass holder Previews

I saw this as well, but feel like this number isn't accurate. If you do the math it breaks down to 3,300 guests per time slot. That amount of guests would be hard to corral about given the limited 2 hour time slot...

Sped2424

Umm, where in the AP rules does it state that you have a right to previews of new attractions or areas? Having been an AP holder for decades, I certainly don't remember any such wording. I just enjoy paying less to enter the parks and being able to park hop whenever I want.
LOL Okay bud when did I ask for that?I wanted them to organize this event in a manner that is more equal for all parties signing up by giving notice and specific times prior. Rather than again random emails which benefit those who manage to receive them if they are lucky. But you seem to keep ignoring my point to fill your narrative so let this be the last we both speak on this issue.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I saw this as well, but feel like this number isn't accurate. If you do the math it breaks down to 3,300 guests per time slot. That amount of guests would be hard to corral about given the limited 2 hour time slot...
And what do you do when your time is up? Do they shove you out of the land for the next 3,300? Just seems like an awful lot for only a 2 hour period.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
LOL Okay bud when did I ask for that? I am wanted them to organize this event in a manner that is more equal for all parties signing up by giving notice and specific times prior. Rather than again random emails which benefit those who manage to receive them if they are lucky. But you seem to keep ignoring my point to fill your narrative so let this be the last we both speak on this issue.
Agreed.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Exactly, 100,000 can't be accurate....

I don't disagree, it was just the only number I'd seen out there. My sense was that the attendance total would be directly tied to the theoretical hourly capacity of the attractions so everyone would have time to ride each attraction once and roam around a little during their 2 hours window.

I mean it's not impossible. Soarin' does 1800 an hour and I assume this is basically Soarin++. If they can do a similar number for the boat ride then it should be fine to get each guest a ride on each. That's probably why it's a 2 hour timeslot with a 1 hour buffer between each slot of corral time for people still in a line at the 2 hour point.

_mickey_

I mean it's not impossible. Soarin' does 1800 an hour and I assume this is basically Soarin++. If they can do a similar number for the boat ride then it should be fine to get each guest a ride on each. That's probably why it's a 2 hour timeslot with a 1 hour buffer between each slot of corral time for people still in a line at the 2 hour point.

Except the Na'vi boat only holds about 8-10, right? I can't imagine it's capacity is anywhere near what Soarin' is..

Except the Na'vi boat only holds about 8-10, right? I can't imagine it's capacity is anywhere near what Soarin' is..

That's what I'm curious about. If that ride is also lower capacity that'd be pretty terrible considering it's the one that all ages can ride. The Maelstrom ride is 1000/hr with 16 capacity. I assume a newer ride can be near that with a higher utilization rate of boats though.

Straight dividing the capacity of POTC gives about 1000 an hour.

_mickey_

That's what I'm curious about. If that ride is also lower capacity that'd be pretty terrible considering it's the one that all ages can ride. The Maelstrom ride is 1000/hr with 16 capacity. I assume a newer ride can be near that with a higher utilization rate of boats though.

Straight dividing the capacity of POTC gives about 1000 an hour.

From what I gather the Na'vi ride is a bit longer than FEA and holds less per boat...

llrain

This whole who gets their hands on the goods has extreme similarities to what's going on here in Western Massachusetts. There is a product that is in extreme demand. People travel from up and down the east coast and some have even traveled from Europe to get this product, not even to get the product but in HOPES of getting their hands on the product. They line up several hours before open on cold winter days and hot summer days. Most of the time walking out empty handed, but those that get it walk away with joy on their faces. Once a year they have a lottery/ticketing event to celebrate their successes with the public consumer who would die for a hour of hanging out with the employees who create this delicious product, and the ones that get left behind, well, they act like every pass holder here that never got a chance to experience a new ride in preview as if it was the end of the world. They host a 5k autumn run that is, again, ticketed, very limited ticketed, and those that don't get a piece of the pie sound off. Even living here I cannot get my hands on this product sometimes and that's ok, because I am here I am not "entitled" to be guaranteed to walk away with the product. People on this earth now have such entitlement. Relax people, its not the end of the world. Some day you will get to experience Pandora, does it mean THAT much to you to brag that you were there for a preview of the thing? Heck when us suckers are there to be Disney's gunea pigs, which basically is what we signed up for, the land will probably be in half operation and with Disney's track record its not going to be that pleasant of an experience. I just did it to finally walk through something new at Disney and whatever, I saw Pandora, big friggin deal.

By the way, that product up here is the hottest craft brewery in the country right now, not exaggerating. If you are unaware its Treehouse Brewing in Monson Ma. Look them up and you will see. Instead of going to Pandora cmon up here and have a taste of the countries most sought after craft beer right now. Maybe a pint will settle some nerves and ease the entitlement factor.
Cheers

llrain

The whole point is that touring plans has no clue as to what # registered and they are just pulling this out of their you know what.
Disney doesn't release attendance #'s of any kind, what makes you think they would release these #'s , and touring plans of all web sites.
There is no fathomable way they could gain this kind of information nor back up their so called claim.

Exactly, 100,000 can't be accurate....

Scuttle

Why is there any talk of "random selection." This should have been a perk for all AP's, and that's how the e-mail that I received made it sound.
Exactly right.
Excluding wdwmagic of course but this:

Ugh the entitled bloggers and all their claims Tha they were the very first (un veifiable of course ) to ever touch the ride and got "special" treatment for their fake "media"creditentials. That's why I come here because the site owner doesn't rub it in our faces and isn't snooty like the rest of them.
quoted for truth

matt9112

I tried earlier today...said Sunday was available so I clicked....said 6-8 clicked...opps sorry that time is unavailable.....than Monday became available and same thing.....seems like system isn't holding your place to any degree when you enter the day screen....

Really crap situation....got no email either.
Now I really hope it suck bahahahah....calm down its a joke.

matt9112

Doesn't matter, there still would be people complaining, just like you are. If they said that it opened at 7am ET, then west coast people would be complaining that they have to get up at 4am - and if they miss the time by only a few minutes - they'd all be gone anyway. Why not just state that everyone with an AP can get in starting on a certain date? Let them all in, regardless of how long the wait, or how crazy it would be. Again, impossible, no matter what method, to satisfy everyone.

Sorry "Florida AP" should mean something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom