The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I don't care for coarsely sliced cabbage either. Like it sliced very fine the best. Dressing I am very picky about. The creamy version I like almost looks like milk. The oilier ones are like paste, don't like. Now vinegar based ones I like too and are great for toppings also. I my own. Vinegar, oil, salt & pepper and some regular white sugar. It makes for a good sweet/sour. I shave some onions for that slaw. I put quite a bit of that dressing on the cabbage and toss it in the fridge for several hours. It makes the cabbage a bit more tender and then I drain some of the dressing off before I serve.

Now salad I tend to put on more heavily especially if it is runny like Olive Garden's dressing. I am a sucker for Polish Food and love Cabbage Rolls. I also love sauerkraut but that is a new love in the last 10 years. As I age I'm finding things I once hated I now love, Mexican food being another one.
Remember those old attached to the counter top meat and food grinders. That is what my Mother used to make Cole Slaw.
a grinder.jpg
Hers was Mayo based, but it was very, very finely chopped. Her Cole Slaw was something that for some reason she always apologized for. I never was sure why, but, apparently she was never happy with how it turned out. It always seemed the same to me and I know that there was never any left over after the meal. It wasn't runny or thick, it always seemed just right to us.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Remember those old attached to the counter top meat and food grinders. That is what my Mother used to make Cole Slaw.
View attachment 193787
Hers was Mayo based, but it was very, very finely chopped. Her Cole Slaw was something that for some reason she always apologized for. I never was sure why, but, apparently she was never happy with how it turned out. It always seemed the same to me and I know that there was never any left over after the meal. It wasn't runny or thick, it always seemed just right to us.
Used to love helping my mum in the kitchen when this came out :D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Not too bad. Only about 8 inches. Looks like it will be done soon. Not as bad here as they said it would be. Snow is very crystalline so easy to shovel. Plows haven't come by yet so that is a bit annoying. :banghead: Cannot go out for milk and bread. :confused: How are you folks faring where you are?
So far so good, we're getting more than expected but at least we have power so far knock wood(my head)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Morning! We have 37 and windy right now. Snow mixing in with rain this afternoon. :( High of 33 tomorrow with low of 17! Brrr! I am hibernating!
Don't get out @figmentfan423 !
I'm not. I'm asking "Dude where's my car?" All I see is a giant snow bank in the driveway, I think there was a car underneath it:hilarious:. Hibernating is an understatement BTW I can't even see my other driveway:eek::eek::eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom