Additional Disney FASTPASS Locations and New Disney MaxPass Coming to Disneyland Resort

flynnibus

Premium Member
I just don't think TSMM has the capacity to support FP. So although DCA has a better situation then DHS, I imagine the FP availability will be limited, and run out fast.

The attraction averages like 35-45min waits... it's not like it's 90mins all the time previously. I think people protest too much

drizgirl

Then MyMagic+ is perfect for you. If you want peace of mind it's the real deal. Plus you don't have to wake up early either... That itself is spectacular! ;) I did enjoy Shanghai's system of centralized FastPasses though. The systems in Anaheim, Hong Kong, and Tokyo are terribly antiquated.

I guess this proves you shouldn't try to decide what is perfect for someone you don't know. I dislike FP+ because:

1) I don't want to commit to a schedule before I enter the park
2) I want to reride headliners by FP
3) I want to ride ALL the headliners by FP and would hate tiering.
4) I love having a blank slate every morning when we head out to the parks, knowing all things are still possible.

Not only is MM+ not perfect for me, but it caused us to change from WDW to DLR for our trips.

DDLand

I guess this proves you shouldn't try to decide what is perfect for someone you don't know. I dislike FP+ because:

1) I don't want to commit to a schedule before I enter the park
2) I want to reride headliners by FP
3) I want to ride ALL the headliners by FP and would hate tiering.
4) I love having a blank slate every morning when we head out to the parks, knowing all things are still possible.

Not only is MM+ not perfect for me, but it caused us to change from WDW to DLR for our trips.

The goals you shared seemed to fit MyMagic+ perfectly. The peace of mind that comes with knowing really can't be overstated (especially for the out of town visitor). The main thing I'll concede is tiering. For the most part you can actually ride attractions twice in one day unless it's Frozen, TSMM, or SDMT where getting multiple FastPasses at a classic FP experience would mean forfeiting volume anyway as you'd have to wait hours before getting your next one.

Just run through your 3 and get a 4th or 5th (and even 6th).

I do think it's slowly winning more and more fans. There was initially an incredibly hostile reaction that permeated through the fan community. The more people use it, the more they like. The WDW people who go to FP classic Resorts usually end up missing FP+. I do think Shanghai is a great alternative though.

Last edited:

drizgirl

The goals you shared seemed to fit MyMagic+ perfectly. The peace of mind that comes with knowing really can't be overstated (especially for the out of town visitor). The main thing I'll concede is tiering. For the most part you can actually ride attractions twice in one day unless it's Frozen, TSMM, or SDMT where getting multiple FastPasses at a classic FP experience would mean forfeiting volume anyway as you'd have to wait hours before getting your next one.

There is no way to know I can repeat headliners via FP+. And if I do luck into something I'm looking for same day, there's no saying the return time won't be late in the evening, locking me out of any other FPs until after I use it.

And the most you would have ever had to wait to pull another FP with legacy was 2 hours. Worst case scenario. If you started earlier in the day, it was usually less.

And I don't know why everyone says I should discount the most popular attractions. I never had a problem riding the most popular attractions more than once by FP.

Bandini

There is no way to know I can repeat headliners via FP+. And if I do luck into something I'm looking for same day, there's no saying the return time won't be late in the evening, locking me out of any other FPs until after I use it.

And the most you would have ever had to wait to pull another FP with legacy was 2 hours. Worst case scenario. If you started earlier in the day, it was usually less.

And I don't know why everyone says I should discount the most popular attractions. I never had a problem riding the most popular attractions more than once by FP.
Don't you just love when someone arrogantly states that FP+ is ideal for you , even when you have repeatedly told them it isn't?

Curious Constance

Yours is a visiting pattern that I kind of think FP helps. That's why I'm curious. If someone likes riding TSMM four times a day this is going to suck. But if you ride it once or even less infrequently, why care if the standby line is crappy if we never have to actually go through standby anymore.

I can't predict how fast they'll run out. I think they will be on the more desirable end, but DCA/DL are in a much better FP consistency positions than SDMT or TSMM are in MK/DHS. So hard to totally say. There are some rides I've literally never been through the standby queue of... I'll probably now add TSMM to that list, and that's really not something I'm upset about.

Why do I agree with everything you say?

I always hated biting the bullet and getting in the TSMM line. If it was just me, I probably wouldn't because I'm not in love with the ride, but my whole family can do it together and they really enjoy it, so we wait the 30-45 minutes even though we all hate waiting. Now we won't have to! Yay!

Bandini

Why do I agree with everything you say?

I always hated biting the bullet and getting in the TSMM line. If it was just me, I probably wouldn't because I'm not in love with the ride, but my whole family can do it together and they really enjoy it, so we wait the 30-45 minutes even though we all hate waiting. Now we won't have to! Yay!
I've waited 45 minutes in the FP+ line at DHS.

DDLand

Don't you just love when someone arrogantly states that FP+ is ideal for you , even when you have repeatedly told them it isn't?
As I said, I thought it addressed her needs. My analysis could be wrong. Those who completely ignore the benefits of FP+ aren't being totally honest, just like if I said I totally hated everything about the old system. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Call me "arrogant," but the idea of FP+ always seemed to offend people's expectations more than their experience. The more people used it, the more they tended to like it. It's really not all that at odds with the goals of her vacation.
I've waited 45 minutes in the FP+ line at DHS.
This has nothing to do with with FP+ in particular. This has to do with a poor handling of available FPs. They clearly distributed too many, which could have happened on the old system too. Far from an indictment of FP+, this is more of an indictment of FP in general.

TBH I would love to live in a FP free world. That would be lovely.

Bandini

This has nothing to do with with FP+ in particular. This has to do with a poor handling of available FPs. They clearly distributed too many, which could have happened on the old system too. Far from an indictment of FP+, this is more of an indictment of FP in general. .
With legacy FP, if a ride goes down FP distribution stops.
With FP+, distribution occurred 30-60 days prior to the ride breakdown. So, this is an indictment of FP+.

drizgirl

As I said, I thought it addressed her needs. My analysis could be wrong. Those who completely ignore the benefits of FP+ aren't being totally honest, just like if I said I totally hated everything about the old system. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Call me "arrogant," but the idea of FP+ always seemed to offend people's expectations more than their experience. The more people used it, the more they tended to like it. It's really not all that at odds with the goals of her vacation.

Do you ever give up? I'm ready to call you arrogant now as well.

For you, as a complete stranger, who knows nothing about me or my touring style and what my family values, to claim, not once, but over and over (even after I explained why FP+ doesn't work for my family) is beyond ridiculous. For you to claim that I'm not being honest kicks it up to yet another level of the ridiculous.

I think the kool-aid you're drinking must have been mixed a little strong.

I never once said there are no benefits of FP+. They just aren't benefits I am interested in trading for the significant disadvantages to my family.

More usage of FP+ will not assure me the chance to reride our favorite headliners by FP multiple times, nor will it allow me to ride all of the headliners in the tiered parks by FP.

DDLand

With legacy FP, if a ride goes down FP distribution stops.
With FP+, distribution occurred 30-60 days prior to the ride breakdown. So, this is an indictment of FP+.
When FP+ distribution has already occurred and your chosen ride goes down, you're automatically entitled to a FP that is available for other attractions (or the same one later) in the park.

It's actually quite elegant.

I believe that the same sort of thing would happen on the old system, or they'd let you come back later when it reopened. Your situation wouldn't have ended significantly different had it been on legacy, especially because TSMM distribution would end relatively early.

Do you ever give up? I'm ready to call you arrogant now as well.

For you, as a complete stranger, who knows nothing about me or my touring style and what my family values, to claim, not once, but over and over (even after I explained why FP+ doesn't work for my family) is beyond ridiculous. For you to claim that I'm not being honest kicks it up to yet another level of the ridiculous.

I think the kool-aid you're drinking must have been mixed a little strong.

I never once said there are no benefits of FP+. They just aren't benefits I am interested in trading for the significant disadvantages to my family.

More usage of FP+ will not assure me the chance to reride our favorite headliners by FP multiple times, nor will it allow me to ride all of the headliners in the tiered parks by FP.
I apologize.

I've clearly offended you. Not my intention. Nor was it my intention to say you were being dishonest. My post was meant to be more broad based on much of the hyperbole surrounding the issue. I also slanted this away from the point of the thread with my engagement.

Sometimes I forget these products are deeply personnel and have emotional investment attached. I also could have handled it with a touch more nuance, I still have jet lag... ;)
The PP's point was that under legacy FP, distribution stopped when the ride went down. So fewer FPs were distributed in the course of that day. That means that when the ride comes back up, there isn't a backlog of FPs all wanting to return at the same time.

I understand that under FP+ you get an "any attraction" replacement, but if the FP is for a headliner a lot of those people are still holding out to ride that headliner so many of them can return all at once when it comes back up, backing up the line. I would actually call that pretty inelegant.
Responding inside my old post so as not to derail anymore.

To the contrary. Which FastPasses would run out quickest in the morning? The headliners.

Many times FastPass distribution has already taken place, so unless the ride went down before noon, it ends up being a nonissue. For the headliners. As for other rides, people end up just using a different ride.

The waiting mostly hurts Standby guests, not other FPs anyway.
Nobody's personal opinion of anything in a Disney park offends me. Someone claiming to know better than me what works for me does. You are free to assess FP+ however you like. I'm glad it works for you. But when you pretend to know what I want and need, you're overstepping. And injecting the term "hyperbole" into the discussion isn't helping your case either.

What is hyperbolic in what I have said?

Just curious. Your screen name is DDLand. Is your home park DLR or WDW?
This is how approached it...

You brought certain criteria and experience, and were viewing them in a certain light. I thought I would share a different perspective. At the end of the day you're you and you get to chose. You have a family and it's your call about what's best. I'm not calling you stupid. I think that's how you interpreted it. A miscommunication in it's purest fashion. My opinion won't win you over most likely, but I just wanted to be thought provoking. A diversity of opinion. It's clear though that I was going into territory that was not my business (in the wrong thread of all places).

Note I specifically mentioned broad. I'm not trying to say you're hyperbolic. Your points seem well reasoned, though we could disagree on the finer details ;) This is simply another part of a long ongoing debate of MyMagic which sometimes is hyperbolic. That may have been why I was overly aggressive. I apologize again.

My home Resort is very much Walt Disney World. While that's "home," I've been to Disneyland and have an emotional investment. Something special there!

DisneyDecadeLand.

I'll stop posting unless I have something to say about Maxpass.

Last edited:

drizgirl

When FP+ distribution has already occurred and your chosen ride goes down, you're automatically entitled to a FP that is available for other attractions (or the same one later) in the park.

It's actually quite elegant.

I believe that the same sort of thing would happen on the old system, or they'd let you come back later when it reopened. You're situation wouldn't have ended significantly different had it been on legacy, especially because TSMM distribution would end relatively early.

The PP's point was that under legacy FP, distribution stopped when the ride went down. So fewer FPs were distributed in the course of that day. That means that when the ride comes back up, there isn't a backlog of FPs all wanting to return at the same time.

I understand that under FP+ you get an "any attraction" replacement, but if the FP is for a headliner a lot of those people are still holding out to ride that headliner so many of them can return all at once when it comes back up, backing up the line. I would actually call that pretty inelegant.

I apologize.

I've clearly offended you. Not my intention. Nor was it my intention to say you were being dishonest. My post was meant to be more broad based on much of the hyperbole surrounding the issue. I also slanted this away from the point of the thread with my engagement.

Sometimes I forget these products are deeply personnel and have emotional investment attached.

Nobody's personal opinion of anything in a Disney park offends me. Someone claiming to know better than me what works for me does. You are free to assess FP+ however you like. I'm glad it works for you. But when you pretend to know what I want and need, you're overstepping. And injecting the term "hyperbole" into the discussion isn't helping your case either.

Bandini

I think FP+ is awful. That's never going to change. I just hope that once Iger leaves, FP+ quickly follows. The only way that's going to happen is if the system costs more than legacy FP and FP+ doesn't generate the revenue as expected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom