New MK welcome show debuts Jan. 9th

JoeCamel

Everyone is assuming this is all safety related. I think another aspect is that Mr Mayor and Smoky are not getting any younger and have a hard time filling their roles so this relieves them of that task.

invader

Some people have hinted at it, but people aren't getting it. The guests in the green area have all been through security. The guests piled up in the red area are targets to guns and explosives coming in off the streets. Now, please go back to complaining about Disney cash grabbing, or the loss of your precious experience.
You can find a way for the opening to be safe AND have a good opening show. From the videos posted I don't think they achieved this and thats what people are upset about.

AndyS2992

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either, it just lacks a little something but it gets the job done nice and quick. I'll probably watch it once and the other days I'll be stood at the rope for Tomorrowland or Liberty Square getting ready to make a brisk walk to the mountains. But overall I'm happy that it moved to the castle, the crush outside and under railroad station is usually a nightmare.

I have a read a lot of unnecessary hate for the new show across a couple of different news sites but it's this new show or you could have ended up with this like the others parks around the world:

Which would you prefer? Though to be honest I'm surprised WDW didn't just go down the announcement route since it takes no effort at all and that's what TDO seems to like unfortunately.

Ransom

Seriously - If you like the new one more than the old one, you favorite ice-cream flavor must be vanilla.

Vanilla's awesome. People who think it's "plain" haven't had good vanilla ice cream (and almost certainly haven't tasted ice cream without any flavoring in it). :)

But, yeah, the new stage show isn't as good as the old one. I understand why they had to change the venue, but they could have made the new show a lot better.

21stamps

I agree. The show being moved is fine. The quality and lack of imagination of the new one is what people are complaining about.

I can appreciate those complaints.
But, I've read a few say they would rather have the train.
I don't have inside knowledge of Disney World, so I can't say what their main motivation was.. but I'm thinking a lot of it had to do with heightened security risks in this country.
I think last week hammered that home. It's scary right now. That event shook me up more than anything has in quite some time.
There's no way to completely eliminate security risk, but whatever can be done to reduce the risk is important.
I'll take a bit of a corny show if it makes people more safe. Maybe Disney has plans to make changes to it, then more people will be happy, but I think everyone should realize that right now the train show is not a good thing. Wanting this new one to be better is understandable, but we shouldn't go back to the old.

COProgressFan

I think it will be great that Casey's will be open and serve breakfast. It will be nice to sit down and eat it at the tables outside and stare at the castle with lower crowds, but I am just bummed about the lackluster show they came up with. That was like something you would see at an elementary school play, not at the world's most famous theme park.

Nice to know they opened Casey's with a light breakfast menu. Maybe they'll someday add sit-down breakfasts to Plaza and Tony's.

Happy to see these new breakfast options as well. Breakfast options at all the parks can be lacking. Tony's used to have a sit down breakfast years ago that was quite good. It was fun to have a table outside and watch the eager crowds come in for the day, much like how you can still do at the Carnation Cafe in Disneyland.

Today your only sit down options require that you make reservations months in advance, and quick serve requires waiting in a huge line at Starbucks, so in that sense it's good to see the Casey's option.

COProgressFan

I can appreciate those complaints.
But, I've read a few say they would rather have the train.
I don't have inside knowledge of Disney World, so I can't say what their main motivation was.. but I'm thinking a lot of it had to do with heightened security risks in this country.
I think last week hammered that home. It's scary right now. That event shook me up more than anything has in quite some time.
There's no way to completely eliminate security risk, but whatever can be done to reduce the risk is important.
I'll take a bit of a corny show if it makes people more safe. Maybe Disney has plans to make changes to it, then more people will be happy, but I think everyone should realize that right now the train show is not a good thing. Wanting this new one to be better is understandable, but we shouldn't go back to the old.

You seem to be suggesting the only options were "good show at the front entrance" or "lame show at the castle". What about "good show at the castle?" Having a "corny show" doesn't make anyone safer.

I completely agree they needed to move the show from the train station. It was too crowded and potentially unsafe. I welcome the change to have more room to breathe, grab a coffee, shop, etc. on Main Street. In fact, this is how it was when I was a kid. I vividly remember waiting at the rope so we could quickly walk to Splash at BTMRR at rope drop. I'm good with it.

The issue is just that the new show is lacking...something. Kind of low energy, not very creative or memorable. They didn't seem to put much effort into it and just seem to be going through the motions. The monotone announcer certainly doesn't help. Not a huge deal by any means, but it certainly is a downgrade from the previous show.

21stamps

You seem to be suggesting the only options were "good show at the front entrance" or "lame show at the castle". What about "good show at the castle?" Having a "corny show" doesn't make anyone safer.

I completely agree they needed to move the show from the train station. It was too crowded and potentially unsafe. I welcome the change to have more room to breathe, grab a coffee, shop, etc. on Main Street. In fact, this is how it was when I was a kid. I vividly remember waiting at the rope so we could quickly walk to Splash at BTMRR at rope drop. I'm good with it.

The issue is just that the new show is lacking...something. Kind of low energy, not very creative or memorable. They didn't seem to put much effort into it and just seem to be going through the motions. The monotone announcer certainly doesn't help. Not a huge deal by any means, but it certainly is a downgrade from the previous show.

Well I have always thought the majority of MK shows were corny, but I still enjoy them.lol

I don't think it should be a choice of good vs bad..or worse anyway. I just think that right now this is the better solution...regardless of the show itself, and I hope people realize that. Maybe they made a quick decision and will improve the show..who knows. Either way I'm just glad that a huge crowd of people were moved inside of security lines.

COProgressFan

Well I have always thought the majority of MK shows were corny, but I still enjoy them.lol

I don't think it should be a choice of good vs bad..or worse anyway. I just think that right now this is the better solution...regardless of the show itself, and I hope people realize that. Maybe they made a quick decision and will improve the show..who knows. Either way I'm just glad that a huge crowd of people were moved inside of security lines.

Agree on all counts. Just wish they had put a little more effort on the creative side of this. It's always pitiful to see the "world's largest entertainment company" put on productions that are inferior to what a high school drama club could do.

21stamps

Agree on all counts. Just wish they had put a little more effort on the creative side of this. It's always pitiful to see the "world's largest entertainment company" put on productions that are inferior to what a high school drama club could do.
Maybe enough people will fill out surveys and provide negative feedback, then the show will change.lol. Or maybe they just threw this together while working on a new one..I'd like to think that Disney would be better prepared than to put on a lackluster show, maybe not though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom