DHS Aerial View

HauntedMansionFLA

So another IP after Star Wars gets put in? I wonder what else a simulator attraction could be re themed to? Obviously, there are quite a few options for Disney, but ideally it would have to be an IP with the ability to take guests on a zany adventure.
Indiana Jones Stunt Show is in that area with four and counting movies that's located in that area if you want a mini Indy land.

Next Big Thing

So another IP after Star Wars gets put in? I wonder what else a simulator attraction could be re themed to? Obviously, there are quite a few options for Disney, but ideally it would have to be an IP with the ability to take guests on a zany adventure.
Honestly, if a GotG attraction has to happen, this is the perfect setting. It could almost follow the same exact formula that Star Tours currently does in a way. There's so many planets to jump back and forth between with Guardians that it would easily qualify as a "zany adventure" ride.

Daveeeeed

Honestly, if a GotG attraction has to happen, this is the perfect setting. It could almost follow the same exact formula that Star Tours currently does in a way. There's so many planets to jump back and forth between with Guardians that it would easily qualify as a "zany adventure" ride.
I've thought of that for a while and in the 2020's they can make the left side of Echo Lake into a sort of New York Marvel Land.

Next Big Thing

I've thought of that for a while and in the 2020's they can make the left side of Echo Lake into a sort of New York Marvel Land.
The contract is still pretty sticky so i'm not sure if they'd be able to do that, but if they could it'd be interesting what they came up with.

Honestly though, with a new Indy movie coming out in 2019, why are we not getting an Indy Ride as a part of this park's expansion?!?

Daveeeeed

The contract is still pretty sticky so i'm not sure if they'd be able to do that, but if they could it'd be interesting what they came up with.

Honestly though, with a new Indy movie coming out in 2019, why are we not getting an Indy Ride as a part of this park's expansion?!?
I don't know how well that would work as a screened simulator though.

Guardians of the Galaxy and Dr. STRANGE are not really debatable anymore -- Gotg is in the film on GMR and Dr. Strange is there as a character.

Both can go there no problem.

Next Big Thing

I don't know how well that would work as a screened simulator though.

Guardians of the Galaxy and Dr. STRANGE are not really debatable anymore -- Gotg is in the film on GMR and Dr. Strange is there as a character.

Both can go there no problem.
I'm not talking about Indy taking over ST, i'm just talking about an Indy ride in general. Not even DL's Indy ride either, it could be a totally new ride. I'm willing to sacrifice to stunt show for a ride.

lobelia

It looks like there are new aerials on this site. One image make those things sticking out of the ground a more obvious pattern.

Ground stabilizers.jpg

Something heavy must be going over this. Or maybe something that will be vibrating.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That is a 10' step ladder (no jokes please :) ) which would make the pit around 25 feet deep. Someone did mention on here that DHS's would also be 25', but I am still skeptical of that.
Yet another sign Avatarland is almost done. They moved the ladder over to StarWarsLand;) I know you said no jokes but I couldn't help myself:happy:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Indeed. Star Tours will not be part of SWL. That is the area of confusion. Our Top People say it will be rethemed.

My money is on Disney inertia keeping it Star Tours for years and years after SWL is built. Retheming costs money. And unless the greater Indiana Jones area is going to be redone into some new land, they probably won't touch it except to keep adding scenes from new saga movies. And so... it will be an out-of-place attraction gnawing at the OCD theming purists for many years to come.
The cynical side of me thinks it will stay Star Tours until the initial rush dies down from SWL and then it closes indefinitely. At some future time if they repurpose the Indy show theater to something else it may get repurposed. I just hate to see it go vacant, but it is also going to cost money to repurpose and will be out of place as a SW ride or a one off ride based on another IP unless they made it a Muppets ride which is very unlikely (maybe pigs in space???)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
So, uh... I guess now's a good time to let y'all know that the key code to get into the Monsters, Inc. M&G break room is 213.
Jeez it's weird to see that gone.

Princess Leia

A little late to the party, but thematically, it wouldn't make sense to move or connect Star Tours 2.0 with SWE. SWE has a ride centered around the First Order, which is in charge during the sequel trilogy. Star Tours 2.0 is set between Episodes III and IV (but they won't include Rogue One in the vignettes :mad:). Connecting them without throwing time travel into the Star Wars universe wouldn't make sense.

Now, if they updated Star Tours to set it in the sequel films, and connect it with a peoplemover of sorts, we'd have something that actually would fit.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A little late to the party, but thematically, it wouldn't make sense to move or connect Star Tours 2.0 with SWE. SWE has a ride centered around the First Order, which is in charge during the sequel trilogy. Star Tours 2.0 is set between Episodes III and IV (but they won't include Rogue One in the vignettes :mad:). Connecting them without throwing time travel into the Star Wars universe wouldn't make sense.

Now, if they updated Star Tours to set it in the sequel films, and connect it with a peoplemover of sorts, we'd have something that actually would fit.

With the Force Awakens content it no longer fits into a single timeline.

RandySavage

With the Force Awakens content it no longer fits into a single timeline.
Out of curiosity, how would one interpret Star Tours 2 to be a single, logical timelime?

For example, I guess one can imagine that the AT-AT scene was another ice-world and not Hoth, but what about the battle above Coruscant using all the ships from the Ep III scene, or the battle above Naboo with the droid motherships from Ep I? Surely, these don't fit into any possible, logical '3- years prior to A New Hope' timframe, i.e., there wouldn't be a major battle above Coruscant (the Empire's capital) in that context.

I'm one who would be happy to see solid story continuity and place in the Star Wars timeline, but it doesn't seem like there was ever an actual attempt at it by WDI with Star Tours 2.0 first version. Making the addition of Force Awakens just as nonsensical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom