DHS Aerial View

Bacon

I am very confused right now... From the aerial photos and from what I already know, the Muppets is literally smack dab in the middle of the proposed future Star Wars area and the current Star Tours attraction. That being said, what happens to the Muppets once Star Wars opens, and what happens to Star Tours?

Edit: *Didn't Disney just refurb Pizza Planet into PizzeRizzo too?
It's possible Starwars will bend around muppets

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am very confused right now... From the aerial photos and from what I already know, the Muppets is literally smack dab in the middle of the proposed future Star Wars area and the current Star Tours attraction. That being said, what happens to the Muppets once Star Wars opens, and what happens to Star Tours?

Edit: *Didn't Disney just refurb Pizza Planet into PizzeRizzo too?

Yes the did, Muppets isn't going anywhere.

Incomudro

If they really wanted them to be right next to each other I think I would have been easier to either move or sacrifice Muppets, instead of moving ST. The recent update to ST was just to add the Force Awakens stuff, and it will also be getting a similar update for Episode 8. Considering these are probably inexpensive updates, and Martin has said any re-theme of ST would like come a few years after SWL opens, I don't see the updates as a reason to believe it will not be re-themed.
Last time we were in WDW, this past May - my sons and I were looking at where Star Wars Land is going from the perspective of Star Tours towards Muppets - and assumed that Muppets was a goner.
Then Disney rethemed Pizza Planet as Pizza Rizzo's.
Confused the heck out of me.
Well, as far as I'm concerned Star Tours can be left alone out of the theme of SWL.
It's still a great ride.
I hope it's left alone, 'cept for updates

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
@jt04 @danlb_2000 - Didn't someone say that the construction at DHS was even or ahead of the SWL going in at DLR?

I'll let people make up their own minds. :)

DHS from early December:

upload_2016-12-20_17-31-33.png

DL from the end of November:

upload_2016-12-20_17-33-7.png

jt04

Star Wars Land at Disneyland is far ahead of WDW-HS. Another Disney web site has photos of the construction progress every week.

True, it has edged ahead. But I had to laugh when said site claimed their SWL had gone vertical because they had set some forms out on the ground. That was funny.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
True, it has edged ahead. But I had to laugh when said site claimed their SWL had gone vertical because they had set some forms out on the ground. That was funny.

DL has been well ahead all along. It depends on what you mean by 'vertical'. There is no steel yet in DL, but foundation walls have been build, and there is a lot of vertical construction along the Rivers or America which is also going to form the berm between SWL and the rest of the park.

jt04

DL has been well ahead all along. It depends on what you mean by 'vertical'. There is no steel yet in DL, but foundation walls have been build, and there is a lot of vertical construction along the Rivers or America which is also going to form the berm between SWL and the rest of the park.

Well our TSL has gone vertical too. It is amazing how logistically the projects are similar. I would imagine financially too.

But I concede the 6 month gap between SWL is accurate. Martin is right again.

Rteetz

Well our TSL has gone vertical too. It is amazing how logistically the projects are similar. I would imagine financially too.

But I concede the 6 month gap between SWL is accurate. Martin is right again.
TSL is not financially similar to SWL.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What would happen if we put the person who says the SWL in DHS still isn't going to get built in the same room with the one who says that SWL in DHS is being built at the same pace as the one in Anaheim?

deWild

As it stands one option being considered is a retheme of Star Tours to another IP once SWL has bedded in.

So another IP after Star Wars gets put in? I wonder what else a simulator attraction could be re themed to? Obviously, there are quite a few options for Disney, but ideally it would have to be an IP with the ability to take guests on a zany adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom