Arendelle Village expansion (Frozen) update watch.

Curious Constance

Roger hasn't been used in promo materials since the rights dispute occurred with Amblin way back in the day. He still makes occasional character appearances at DLR and his ride is still here and at TDL, but otherwise he's absent. Removing his ride wouldn't be a hard decision for TDA to make.

Fancy new digs!

Tay

It's more profitable to keep Frozen as its own brand rather than absorbing it into the Disney Princess line. That's what I've read on this site anyway.
I really don't see any financial harm in adding Anna. She's going to sell. Put her on merchandise with the least popular princesses and you get money from Anna's fans and fans who want more merchandise of the other princesses.
Probably because if she did, Elsa would have to as well, and she is NOT a princess, but a queen.
This is what I always thought.

GiveMeTheMusic

I really don't see any financial harm in adding Anna. She's going to sell. Put her on merchandise with the least popular princesses and you get money from Anna's fans and fans who want more merchandise of the other princesses.

This is what I always thought.

Rest assured, if Anna and Elsa junk ever stops selling, they'll both get rolled into the Disney Princess line immediately. The question is whether or not that day will ever come.

MagicHappens1971

Sort of OT but does anybody know why Anna hasn't joined the official princess lineup yet?
It's strictly due to licensing and franchising. Disney makes more money by selling Anna & Elsa merchandise under the Frozen name, rather then the Disney Princess name. This is also just an assumption, but if Anna were to join, Elsa would have to as well, and Elsa is a queen. So I doubt they'll wanna deal with the technicalities involved. It also hasn't been officially clarified, but it seems as though Disney feels the Disney Princess lineup is too congested, because Elena was originally joining, but it doesn't seem like she is, same for Moana.

OliveMcFly

It was the association as a clone from Tokyo DisneySea. Nearly everything they build and offer at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea is a stunning upgrade from the sadder American parks. Along with some trustworthy insiders saying it would be a big E Ticket cloned from Tokyo, that was enough info to expect great things. Especially for those of us who have been to the Tokyo parks and know what it's like there.

Although, not everything in Tokyo is the biggest and the best. Their Dumbo is a cheap relic from the 1970's, and plopped right in front of Haunted Mansion for no apparent reason. So Tokyo isn't always completely perfect.
1*32dk3FqVBN6337-_GzPwBw.jpeg
This photo hurts my brain. Why is Dumbo there?! Why?!

D

Deleted member 107043

The HM in Fantasyland doesn't bother me, it's the poor integration of the exterior with the surrounding area. Why did they decide to just cut and paste WDW's Haunted Mansion instead of creating a building that better fit the FL story?

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure if Tokyo Disneyland was being built today, OLC would have opted for more original designs. But the mindset back then was to make an American park in Tokyo, so they picked what they liked best from the two American magic kingdoms and copied and pasted.

For the most part I like these juxtapositions of Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. I like how The Crystal Palace is steps from the Plaza Pavilion or Snow White Grotto is next to Cinderella Castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom