Arendelle Village expansion (Frozen) update watch.

Sped2424

Original Poster
So it's been stated by many an insider at this point that Frozen is headed to Disneyland within the next 4 years. I figured we might as well start a thread on it watching with updates and pieces of news on it towards it's inevitable announcement/construction. As of now this is what we know!
  1. A clone of the Frozen eticket from Tds is being made at Disneyland (stated by Wdw1974)
  2. Said clone should be arriving before the TDS version not too long after star wars land debuts (possible 2020/2021 date)
  3. Apparently it's not just the ride that is being cloned but the village area as well, what that consists of remains unknown. But this is going to be a land rather than just a ride. (Stated by Micechat)
  4. The show building or at least some of it shall be built alongside Star Wars land.
If anyone else has anything they'd like to add information wise or if I got anything wrong feel free to discuss!

GiveMeTheMusic

Where can we find info on the TDS attraction? How does it differ from the ride at EPCOT?

None has been officially released, but TDS' ride will be a new build with a trackless system and a much bigger budget than was afforded to Epcot's overlay. OLC doesn't mess around with rides like this and orders top-notch work from WDI - DL getting a copy of that will be a nice change of pace from previous instances where Tokyo got an amazing E tickets, and we got smelly poop for the same properties (Pooh & Monsters).

Sped2424

Original Poster
Where can we find info on the TDS attraction? How does it differ from the ride at EPCOT?
This is going to be a showstopping e ticket ride built for itself rather than a d ticket overlay of a world showcase attraction. So your expectations here are apples and oranges as with this area they can actually do something spectacular. As for info on what the attraction will consist of the ride hasn't even been announced yet so I don't think we are going to get that much just yet (we do know it's trackless as @GiveMeTheMusic has stated).

Sped2424

Original Poster
So, is this still going into the future defunct Toontown?
AH I should have added based off Micechat this is going to kill a portion of toon town but not all of it. Roger Rabbit should be safe, it's the area near gadget's go coaster that will die in order to bring about this area! So if I am not mistaken directionally it's toon town west that is going to die rather than all of toon town!

rle4lunch

AH I should have added based off Micechat this is going to kill a portion of toon town but not all of it. Roger Rabbit should be safe, it's the area near gadget's go coaster that will die in order to bring about this area! So if I am not mistaken directionally it's toon town west that is going to die rather than all of toon town!

Thanks for the additional info. I'm not a big fan of gaudy plasticland (aka ToonTown) but if there is one redeeming ride over there it's Roger Rabbit.

D

Deleted member 107043

This is going to be a showstopping e ticket ride built for itself rather than a d ticket overlay of a world showcase attraction.

I haven't ridden the EPCOT ride, but it looked pretty impressive in the videos I've seen.

D

Deleted member 107043

Impressive dticket for sure I agree.

Having visited DL and WDW many times in the 70s when A-E coupons were being used I can assure you that the Frozen ride at EPCOT would not have been considered a D ticket.

TP2000

So, is this still going into the future defunct Toontown?

Not entirely. It goes in to the "FUTURE EXPANSION" space that the famous Miceage Update map from last year showed. It's the box wedged between Toontown and the Millenium Falcon ride, and it's accesses via the current Fantasyland Theater area behind StorybookLand. Here's the Miceage map from 2015.

disneylands-star-wars-land-expansion-layout-shown-in-new-map-and-new-details2

And again I have to say, that old Miceage map just looks more and more accurate by the day. It really was a scoop when they dropped that into an Update last year!

And here's an aerial of cleared land from six weeks ago, with the Star Wars footprint overlaid onto it. Frozen/Arendelle area would be left open after the Star Wars dust settles and Star Wars Land opens.
CnRUDTmUIAERMkR.jpg

TP2000

How do we know that? Was any official information given on that or is it just fan conjecture? For all we know, we could be getting another Winnie the Pooh.

It was the association as a clone from Tokyo DisneySea. Nearly everything they build and offer at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea is a stunning upgrade from the sadder American parks. Along with some trustworthy insiders saying it would be a big E Ticket cloned from Tokyo, that was enough info to expect great things. Especially for those of us who have been to the Tokyo parks and know what it's like there.

Although, not everything in Tokyo is the biggest and the best. Their Dumbo is a cheap relic from the 1970's, and plopped right in front of Haunted Mansion for no apparent reason. So Tokyo isn't always completely perfect.
1*32dk3FqVBN6337-_GzPwBw.jpeg

D

Deleted member 107043

Although, not everything in Tokyo is the biggest and the best. Their Dumbo is a cheap relic from the 1970's, and plopped right in front of Haunted Mansion for no apparent reason. So Tokyo isn't always completely perfect.

I would argue that the original MK park in Tokyo was a good step or two below the 2 American MK parks that preceded it when it opened several months after EPCOT in 1983. To this day, and after many additions and expansions, it still has numerous spots that illustrate how conservative and risk averse OLC and Disney were with that park back in the 80s.

britain

Not entirely. It goes in to the "FUTURE EXPANSION" space that the famous Miceage Update map from last year showed. It's the box wedged between Toontown and the Millenium Falcon ride, and it's accesses via the current Fantasyland Theater area behind StorybookLand. Here's the Miceage map from 2015.

disneylands-star-wars-land-expansion-layout-shown-in-new-map-and-new-details2

And again I have to say, that old Miceage map just looks more and more accurate by the day. It really was a scoop when they dropped that into an Update last year!

And here's an aerial of cleared land from six weeks ago, with the Star Wars footprint overlaid onto it. Frozen/Arendelle area would be left open after the Star Wars dust settles and Star Wars Land opens.
CnRUDTmUIAERMkR.jpg

You really think Arendelle is accessed via the Theater rather than via Toontown? That would require another rail-crossing solution...

Man that area is getting crowded. Could be an exciting intersection. Or could just have a lot of walls hiding each area from each other.

D

Deleted member 107043

I suppose that expansion pad could be used for a future show building for SW Land or Frozen. In either case I would imagine that guests would enter the attraction from what is now the Fantasyland Theater (similar to Pirates, HM, or Small World) or via SW Land or Toontown, not by crossing a path under or over the railroad. This whole scheme really makes me wonder what the ultimate fate will be for Toontown and the Fantasyland Theater, and I need to have these answers immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Constance

I suppose that expansion pad could be used for a future show building for SW Land or Frozen. In either case I would imagine that guests would enter either the attraction from what is now the Fantasyland Theater (similar to Pirates, HM, or Small World) or via SW Land or Toontown, not by crossing a path under or over the railroad. This whole scheme really makes me wonder what the ultimate fate will be for Toontown and the Fantasyland Theater, and I need to have these answers immediately.

Lol, Right?

I'm not good with patience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom