Arendelle Village expansion (Frozen) update watch.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I haven't noticed much about folks getting overly worked up...more speculation than anything I think. Sometimes it's fun to spitball ideas, especially when very few of us have any clue what will actually happen.

In any case...Disney Fans = Getting Worked Up = Tiring = Just another day on a Disney message board.

yeah but we're talking about years at this point.. between SW, Marvel, and now this.. how anyone keeps up is beyond me :) Can't even skim the threads for real updates anymore..

mharrington

I haven't noticed much about folks getting overly worked up...more speculation than anything I think. Sometimes it's fun to spitball ideas, especially when very few of us have any clue what will actually happen.

In any case...Disney Fans = Getting Worked Up = Tiring = Just another day on a Disney message board.

Plus, when you have people on here who are allegedly in the know on what's going to happen, months and years down the line (i.e., @WDW1974), and who are usually more correct about their predictions than not, it is difficult not to accept such predictions as gospel.

For example, they had predicted for about a year that there was a whole Star Wars land coming to Disneyland, and that it would be its own area, not as part of Tomorrowland. While they incorrect that it would be taking over Toontown (it's taking over part of the Railroad and the Rivers of America instead), they were correct in that it was to replace the Big Thunder Ranch and several backstage areas, which were moved offsite. They also correctly predicted the Tower of Terror was to be given a Guardians of the Galaxy overlay. As for the upcoming Fantasyland expansion, it is speculated that Toontown was spared from Star Wars to be used for the Fantasyland expansion.

So when you have people who are usually correct in their predictions, it's hard not to take anything they say as gospel.

Stevek

yeah but we're talking about years at this point.. between SW, Marvel, and now this.. how anyone keeps up is beyond me :) Can't even skim the threads for real updates anymore..
None of us really can but with the rumors rolling around out there, there is bound do be discussion while it's top of mind. Soon it will be the next rumor and the next and so on. Think about it, we were talking about SW land and a Monster's INC door coaster a few years ago and that was really it. Now we have SW, Marvel/TOT, Arendelle, Mickey Mouse Ride, new parking structure, new hotel...despite how folks may feel about individual projects, we're finally getting investment that folks have been asking for (though we did get a nice investment in DCA) so folks are a little giddy.

mharrington

None of us really can but with the rumors rolling around out there, there is bound do be discussion while it's top of mind. Soon it will be the next rumor and the next and so on. Think about it, we were talking about SW land and a Monster's INC door coaster a few years ago and that was really it. Now we have SW, Marvel/TOT, Arendelle, Mickey Mouse Ride, new parking structure, new hotel...despite how folks may feel about individual projects, we're finally getting investment that folks have been asking for (though we did get a nice investment in DCA) so folks are a little giddy.

Exactly, with the funding thus provided, that should confirm that these rumored projects will indeed happen. And the people who first provided these rumors (i.e., @WDW1974) will likely be (almost) right on the money again. So between these people in the know and the recent funding provided, it's difficult not to take these rumors as confirmed gospel.

The only thing missing is for Disney itself to give the word, which, as I said countless times before, will likely happen at next year's D23.

Nland316

I feel that at least part of this funding is somewhat related to the upcoming 2021 Super Bowl as well as the possibility of LA hosting the 2024 Olympics. In order to help draw in tourists around the time that all these projects are completed.

mharrington

I feel that at least part of this funding is somewhat related to the upcoming 2021 Super Bowl as well as the possibility of LA hosting the 2024 Olympics. In order to help draw in tourists around the time that all these projects are completed.

Well, in the case of the Olympics, we won't know until next year. It may not even be L.A. that hosts the games. There are three other candidates, two of which hosted the Olympics before: Paris, France, which hosted in 1900 and 1924, and Rome, Italy, which hosted in 1960. The third candidate, which hasn't hosted the Olympics yet, is Budapest, Hungary. I'm personally rooting not for L.A. to host the Olympics, but for Paris, which hasn't hosted the games in a hundred years! It'll be interesting to see how Disneyland Paris is impacted if that's the case.

rle4lunch

There's really no room to expand back there. That's right about where the Utilidors entrance is. Small World cannot - and should not - be moved much of anywhere. It's kind of locked in over there. Now, they could redo the exteriors of the ride building to match the newer Fantasyland, but that's basically it.

Even Tokyo's plan to relocate their Small World for their Fantasyland overhaul is no longer happening. So if Tokyo's not going to do it, I highly doubt Florida will, either.

I wasn't saying 'move' IASW, I was saying that the outer façade of that area needs refurbed. It looks cheap. It could use some more level of detail on par with new fantasyland's level.

FerretAfros

Thanks! So there is room to expand, in theory. I know the fireworks pose an issue, but shifting a theatre there (opening up the Wonderbra plot) would work well since it would only be in use during the day.
While the rehearsal halls could be relocated elsewhere (the existing facilities are only about 15 years old, so there's not much history in that spot), they would need to stay on site, preferably near the parade barn since they contain dressing rooms for the parades. In addition to rehearsal use by the Entertainment team, they're also used heavily for Magic Music Days program, both for warm-up/workshop space and as changing facilities.

Although average days only have a handful of MMD groups, the facilities need to be big enough to handle multiple groups at a time. This is particularly important in the days leading up to the Rose Bowl, when it's not unusual to have a half-dozen marching bands with 200-300 members each, performing in quick succession. Considering that the days between Christmas and New Years are already the busiest days of the year, it seems unlikely that a non-entertainment backstage facility would be available for their use, should those halls be downsized or relocated offsite.

I believe that the new-ish green metal buildings behind TOT also have some MMD facilities, but I'm not sure how large they are. Additionally, it would be impractical for groups performing in DL to use those buildings, as the backstage road connecting the parks has clearance issues for buses

brb1006

I agree completely. It's in my top 3 Disney films along with Return to Oz and The Rocketeer. Unfortunately, the film has become a cult film despite being a massive hit when it originally opened and Roger being such a prominent character for Disney from the time of the movie's release into the 90s. You would never be able to tell these days!
I remember seeing Roger alot in most promotional Disney material for WDW and Disneyland.

brb1006

Actually, I'm told that the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on its way out. That show has run its course. They finished the last episodes months ago. It's due to be replaced by something else next year, I read.
I thought they were making new episodes? What were the last two episodes anyway and what about Minnie's Bow-Toons?

brb1006

Wow just read about it. My brothers are still obsessed with Clubhouse even though they should be growing out of it. Clubhouse was getting annoying so I'm glad they're starting off fresh. I guess they could just rebuild a better TT somewhere else and get rid of the current for more expansion .
I'm just glad the new Mickey shorts are finally doing something with the characters since House Of Mouse that was entertaining and funny.

GiveMeTheMusic

Roger hasn't been used in promo materials since the rights dispute occurred with Amblin way back in the day. He still makes occasional character appearances at DLR and his ride is still here and at TDL, but otherwise he's absent. Removing his ride wouldn't be a hard decision for TDA to make.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom