The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We have only gotten clean towels, no beds made up, in our room or the kids.:confused:

I remember when daily housekeeping service was discontinued for DVC members. For me the main housekeeper of the family, it is a treat to have things somewhat cleaned up daily. Clean towels, sinks wiped down, new toiletries, towels hung nicely table straightened and beds made. Someone else is being me is part of the vacation for me.

Still, we are nice guests. We pull up the bedding, we take out our garbage or at minimum get it in the cans. (I don't leave food or beverage garbage in room cans) our dirty clothing is in hampers, dirty towels all in one lump on side of tub, swim suits hung on the hooks and sink area cleared cause I don't like people touching my personal type stuff. So the visual when housekeeping walks into our room is it is neat and tidy and just the basic items need to be attended too without having to deal with a mess. And of course an envelope with a tip.

Songbird76

Yeah I'm clueless about laws in the Netherlands but Woot! you're getting a new school. Our Oldest School is 75 years old and the other two are almost 60 years old. Now they are money pits.

Just how hot does it get in the Netherlands? I guess I just had a vision in my head and it wasn't Texas heat.
Usually it doesn't get very hot, which is why most places don't have airco. In the summer, our weather is more like most people's fall. We usually get a handful of nice days that get above 75 degrees, but usually only 2 or 3 in a row. Every once in a while we will get a heat wave. This one only got up to about 35C, which is mid 90s. But 2 years ago, we had one where it actually got up to 40C (104F), and of course here, it's also humid. It was miserable. There's no place to go to get away from the heat. I kind of doubt the new school will have Airco, though...it's not considered necessary because we so rarely get these extreme temps.
I'm not opposed to a new school building, just the placement of said new building, because it is in a different neighborhood and there will no longer be a school in my neighborhood at all. At least it's only for a short time.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The weather in Chicago just got a whole lot better, as I head off for Florida, and my 6 theme park vacation. Sure hope all that rain they are forecasting doesn't put too much of a damper on our vacation. I leave my house in just one hour.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Foot is feeling great today.
My Disney wish for you is a pain free rain free vacation.

betty rose

I remember when daily housekeeping service was discontinued for DVC members. For me the main housekeeper of the family, it is a treat to have things somewhat cleaned up daily. Clean towels, sinks wiped down, new toiletries, towels hung nicely table straightened and beds made. Someone else is being me is part of the vacation for me.

Still, we are nice guests. We pull up the bedding, we take out our garbage or at minimum get it in the cans. (I don't leave food or beverage garbage in room cans) our dirty clothing is in hampers, dirty towels all in one lump on side of tub, swim suits hung on the hooks and sink area cleared cause I don't like people touching my personal type stuff. So the visual when housekeeping walks into our room is it is neat and tidy and just the basic items need to be attended too without having to deal with a mess. And of course an envelope with a tip.
We did the same thing. Back in those days, now we do not make the bed. So the sheets will dry. Every thing else is the same.

Gabe1

The weather in Chicago just got a whole lot better, as I head off for Florida, and my 6 theme park vacation. Sure hope all that rain they are forecasting doesn't put too much of a damper on our vacation. I leave my house in just one hour.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Foot is feeling great today.

Yes Northern IL is better. Still it is 86 with a feel like of 91. I went out on my bike, a bit humid for that right now.

Gabe1

See, that's what I don't get...HOW do they not notice someone is missing. Don't they take attendance?

I left during recess so attendance was taken at the beginning. I guess because there were tables and not desks in Kindergarten maybe it wasn't as noticeable that she was a kid short? I guess when I was returned it was more about my behavior of leaving than staff not noticing a little munchkin walking off the playground and out the gate and strolling down the sidewalk.

My Mom blamed my Dad. heehee I didn't want to go school. My cousins who were my main friends were a year and two years older than me so they already went off to Catholic School. I had to go to Public School for Kindergarten and I was having nothing of that. My Dad made a deal with me. Try it for one week and if after a week if I didn't like it I didn't have to go back. He was betting on I'd like Kindergarten. Backfire and I wouldn't go back. My Mom paid an older girl to walk me to school in the morning, 3 blocks so there wouldn't be a scene with her everyday when my Dad went back on his deal with me (he didn't have to cope with me each morning) So I guess I went to school, got deposited in the Kindergarten line and bolted as soon as the door opened. Just nobody noticed.

We do a headcount everyday. Regular attendance and then a classroom building headcount. In theory whenever the students return to a classroom a headcount is done. It is both to keep track of students but also invent of any emergency situation where they know how many staff and students are in the building and where. The system works and is simple but like everything it is open to human failure.

fosse76

Actually, she wrote the story of the cursed child and picked the guy she wanted to do the screen play for it. So she was very involved in it. But yes, people have been begging for YEARS for her to do more HP.

It's actually a stage play, not a screenplay. I believe she was approached by the playwright and after discussions agreed to let him pen the script. She worked with him to develop the story (which she said should be considered canon). What should be noted is that yes, there is demand for more Potter. In fact, the play sold out its initial run in less than 8 hours, so an extension was added at the end of the first day of sales which also promptly sold out. The most recent ticket release sold out in less than 12 hours, and the published script is the best selling book of the year, the second fastest selling book since the last Harry Potter novel, and tickets to the live performance in London are selling on secondary sales websites for upwards of $8,000. So yes, there is huge demand for more Potter.

StarWarsGirl

First day of classes and first day back at work. And people are still interesting. We got an email back from a person that said, "Thank you, but I am looking for a position that pays at least $167,000. That's what I made at my last job." o_O Then if you're looking to make that much, why is your resume on Career Builder instead of you working with a head hunter or another agency to place you?

In other news, I discovered I have three days off in October that I didn't know about. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom