The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Our school is terrible about some of that stuff...there was a woman who ended up pulling her kids and sending them to another school because her son had severe allergies and he was placed right next to a vent or something and he was constantly sick. So she went to the teacher, who was a first year teacher and apparently high-functioning autistic, so he couldn't really be flexible. She simply asked that her son be moved to a different seat where his allergies wouldn't be triggered (kind of like putting a kid who doesn't see well at the front of the room) and he refused. He didn't understand how that was going to help. So she went to the principal, who backed the teacher, and requested letters from his doctor explaining why he needed a different seat, and what it would do to help him, which she got and then they "reviewed" the information and decided it wasn't necessary. All to switch seats. They obviously didn't give a darn about his health (granted, this was a mother who made problems about EVERYTHING, so maybe they just figured she was being a drama queen) and then one day the kid walked off the school grounds and went home and the teacher didn't even notice. And then they never called to inform her that her kid wasn't in school. She came home to find him sitting on the couch and she waited to see if they would call her to ask where he was, but they never did. So she pulled the other 2 kids and sent all 3 to a different school. But that, plus them not making any accommodations when it was so unbearably hot, and the fact that they don't seem to do ANYTHING about bullying, which is not good for safety at the school...they are terrible when it comes to creating a healthy environment. I sure hope that changes when they move to the new building.

Yeah I'm clueless about laws in the Netherlands but Woot! you're getting a new school. Our Oldest School is 75 years old and the other two are almost 60 years old. Now they are money pits.

Just how hot does it get in the Netherlands? I guess I just had a vision in my head and it wasn't Texas heat.

Gabe1

I order three extra blankets, sometimes four, at WDW. At home I use my comforter year-round and wear sweats to bed, even in the summer. My brother's and my rooms are on one side of the house, and my parents room is on the other side of the house. Our rooms tend to get cooler than ours do, so to keep their room cool, ours get pretty cold. It doesn't help that I already have a low body temperature. For the heck of it, I decided to take my temperature in the middle of the night one time to see what it was. It was 96.2. :jawdrop: I thought to myself, "No wonder I am always cold!"

My body temp runs cold too. I was always chilly back then. Age has taken care of that. My DD room is an icebox. First off the furnace. In the winter I shut the vent in that room or it is a sauna.

Gabe1

Our school is terrible about some of that stuff...there was a woman who ended up pulling her kids and sending them to another school because her son had severe allergies and he was placed right next to a vent or something and he was constantly sick. So she went to the teacher, who was a first year teacher and apparently high-functioning autistic, so he couldn't really be flexible. She simply asked that her son be moved to a different seat where his allergies wouldn't be triggered (kind of like putting a kid who doesn't see well at the front of the room) and he refused. He didn't understand how that was going to help. So she went to the principal, who backed the teacher, and requested letters from his doctor explaining why he needed a different seat, and what it would do to help him, which she got and then they "reviewed" the information and decided it wasn't necessary. All to switch seats. They obviously didn't give a darn about his health (granted, this was a mother who made problems about EVERYTHING, so maybe they just figured she was being a drama queen) and then one day the kid walked off the school grounds and went home and the teacher didn't even notice. And then they never called to inform her that her kid wasn't in school. She came home to find him sitting on the couch and she waited to see if they would call her to ask where he was, but they never did. So she pulled the other 2 kids and sent all 3 to a different school. But that, plus them not making any accommodations when it was so unbearably hot, and the fact that they don't seem to do ANYTHING about bullying, which is not good for safety at the school...they are terrible when it comes to creating a healthy environment. I sure hope that changes when they move to the new building.

I ran away from school in kindergarten. We went out to recess and I walked right out the 10 foot tall iron gate and walked home. My Mom promptly returned me. I wasn't missed.

betty rose

Resort rooms receive clean towels and beds made up daily however sheets are not changed until new guests or the 4th day. I

I'm OK with the sheets because I guess my housekeeping skre weekills could use some improvement :rolleyes: I do not change sheets on our beds everyday either. I don't have the time to strip down beds everyday or the desire either. Plus my water and electric/gas bills are high enough and I have enough other laundry to keep up with.
We have only gotten clean towels, no beds made up, in our room or the kids.:confused:

betty rose

I ran away from school in kindergarten. We went out to recess and I walked right out the 10 foot tall iron gate and walked home. My Mom promptly returned me. I wasn't missed.
I came home during lunch, in the first grade. I went home and hid under the bed, went to sleep and woke up when sister came home, she was in third grade. No one said anything to me. I don't know if anyone knew, or they covered for me.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Me the queen of air conditioning made it through K-12 without A/C. Funny what a few decades do to us humans.

We also didn't have A/C in our schools, but I was miserable and lethargic from the heat and humidity a few months of the year. Needless to say, my schoolwork was not up to par during those times. On extremely hot/humid days, I'd come home from school feeling nauseous. Some kids dealt with heat better than others.

During summer vacations, I'd spend a lot of time in the basement of our house, because that was the coolest spot in the house. My mother used to try and get me to go outdoors and play, but it was too hot for me. If my little pals wanted to play with me, they had to come to the basement! :hilarious: (P.S.: It was a finished basement, with a tv, toys, books, and a sofa.)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yea! The boys are going back to school today! They're going to get out early due to some type of construction that's scheduled for next summer. Maybe just maybe I'll be able to catch up on getting things back in order. Maybe not my dh is still on vacation and tends to get in the way:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Gabe1

We also didn't have A/C in our schools, but I was miserable and lethargic from the heat and humidity a few months of the year. Needless to say, my schoolwork was not up to par during those times. On extremely hot/humid days, I'd come home from school feeling nauseous. Some kids dealt with heat better than others.

During summer vacations, I'd spend a lot of time in the basement of our house, because that was the coolest spot in the house. My mother used to try and get me to go outdoors and play, but it was too hot for me. If my little pals wanted to play with me, they had to come to the basement! :hilarious: (P.S.: It was a finished basement, with a tv, toys, books, and a sofa.)

I know when we moved from the City to the Suburbs we had central A/C within a year so I was young. Still we too retreated to the basement but that was year round. It was finished, full bathroom, furniture bought for the room so it was very nice, still is. Those Rec Rooms were a popular thing when I was growing up. What I can remember from the vast majority of my friends Rec Rooms and the ones that still exist in these homes of that era they all had a bar in the corner with bar stools too. There was a small bar in this basement here with a couple stools but it wasn't built in. Hit the street before move in day.

Songbird76

sympathy like for the burn. I'll even pay the shipping costs
I was all happy because today was only supposed to be 70F, which is a HUGE change from the 90s it's been, so I thought we were finally cooling down...but it was only for today....tomorrow is supposed to start warming up again, though thankfully not to the 90s. But I need some cooler temps here! My body does NOT like the heat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom