Arendelle Village expansion (Frozen) update watch.

Sped2424

Original Poster
According to whom?
I can't recall who said that only toon town west will be dying I beleive spirit? Either way I am not the only one who remembers that bit of news as mouseinfo has created a sort of graphic believing where all these new expansions shall fit into disneyland.
MC%20Update%20Mockup%201080p-X3.png

Here frozen is nestled right on half of toon town specifically toon town west.

D

Deleted member 107043

I can't recall who said that only toon town west will be dying I beleive spirit? Either way I am not the only one who remembers that bit of news as mouseinfo has created a sort of graphic believing where all these new expansions shall fit into disneyland.

I see. I hadn't noticed that a small piece of Toontown was untouched in the map.

rle4lunch

I don't want Lincoln to go either, but out of morbid curiosity when was the last time everyone here visited Lincoln?

I'm not a very good sample as I'm not local and tend to do all the things in a visit. Even still I think I might have missed it when I visited for the 60th.

we visit it every time we go. not only is it the coldest room in DL during the summer months, it's always good to get a reminder of where we came from (real history, not the crap that they're teaching nowadays).

and quirky little factoid, our son is named Lincoln. :)

GrizzlyAdams

This isn't an exact, verified map as far as Fantasyland and DCA expansion goes... The Sky Chalet could and would likely be FL expansion not SW and doubt DCA expansion would go that far north, but we get the idea.

Stevek

If this is what they end up doing, I definitely could see them getting rid of the name Toontown and calling it all Fantasyland.

Stevek

one can only hope. toontown is to DL as dinoland is to AK.
I wouldn't go that far...DinoLand just sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise beautiful park. Toontown is at least tucked away and quite honestly serves as a unique way of meeting Mickey & Minnie in their "homes." In it's early years, it was a must visit for my daughters and it's still fairly packed on busy days. But I won't miss it if it goes away...it's not like there isn't an entire park full of attractions for kids.

rle4lunch

I wouldn't go that far...DinoLand just sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise beautiful park. Toontown is at least tucked away and quite honestly serves as a unique way of meeting Mickey & Minnie in their "homes." In it's early years, it was a must visit for my daughters and it's still fairly packed on busy days. But I won't miss it if it goes away...it's not like there isn't an entire park full of attractions for kids.

you're right, at least it's tucked back there. but as soon as I go underneath the sign I feel like I'm at Universal or six flags. roger rabbit is fun, but the land is just a big bubble plastic mess otherwise. in the summer months it's unbearable to sit on anything over there too. I get it about meeting Mickey and Friends, but I just feel they could've done much, much better.

D

Deleted member 107043

you're right, at least it's tucked back there. but as soon as I go underneath the sign I feel like I'm at Universal or six flags. roger rabbit is fun, but the land is just a big bubble plastic mess otherwise. in the summer months it's unbearable to sit on anything over there too. I get it about meeting Mickey and Friends, but I just feel they could've done much, much better.

Or worse. Did you ever visit that hot mess called Mickey's Toontown Fair at WDW?

rle4lunch

Or worse. Did you ever visit that hot mess called Mickey's Toontown Fair at WDW?

yes. I had forgotten about that! that said, the faire area at WDW Fantasyland looks like something out of a state fair attraction. it's so bad compared to DL. Are they planning to refurb that area to go along with the NFL workmanship?

mharrington

This isn't an exact, verified map as far as Fantasyland and DCA expansion goes... The Sky Chalet could and would likely be FL expansion not SW and doubt DCA expansion would go that far north, but we get the idea.

I thought I read somewhere that the chalet spot was going to be used for the Star Wars land. I'm also not convinced that the Fantasyland theater spot will not be repurposed for the expansion, providing still more space to work with and maybe taking some, if not all, of the pressure off of Toontown. Going by the map, the theater looks to be just as big as Toontown west, maybe slightly smaller.

Again, I think they will tell us at next year's D23.

yes. I had forgotten about that! that said, the faire area at WDW Fantasyland looks like something out of a state fair attraction. it's so bad compared to DL. Are they planning to refurb that area to go along with the NFL workmanship?

They already have. It was converted into a circus-themed area centered around a relocated (and doubled) Dumbo ride. The kiddie coaster from Toontown Fair was also retained, as was its Goofy theme.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

I thought I read somewhere that the chalet spot was going to be used for the Star Wars land. I'm also not convinced that the Fantasyland theater spot will not be repurposed for the expansion, providing still more space to work with and maybe taking some, if not all, of the pressure off of Toontown. Going by the map, the theater looks to be just as big as Toontown, maybe slightly smaller.

Again, I think they will tell us at next year's D23.

They already have. It was converted into a circus-themed area centered around a relocated (and doubled) Dumbo ride. The kiddie coaster from Toontown Fair was also retained, as was its Goofy theme.

I've been to new fantasyland the week that it opened in Dec 2012. I was talking about the area where It's a Small World is at. That just looks tacky over there.

mharrington

I've been to new fantasyland the week that it opened in Dec 2012. I was talking about the area where It's a Small World is at. That just looks tacky over there.

There's really no room to expand back there. That's right about where the Utilidors entrance is. Small World cannot - and should not - be moved much of anywhere. It's kind of locked in over there. Now, they could redo the exteriors of the ride building to match the newer Fantasyland, but that's basically it.

Even Tokyo's plan to relocate their Small World for their Fantasyland overhaul is no longer happening. So if Tokyo's not going to do it, I highly doubt Florida will, either.

BrianLo

I have one more question to group source.

What are the two warehouses immediately touching the North boundary of Toontown? The big one and the small one?

yookeroo

we visit it every time we go. not only is it the coldest room in DL during the summer months, it's always good to get a reminder of where we came from (real history, not the crap that they're teaching nowadays).

What crap are they teaching kids about the Civil War? I love that stitched together pieces of Lincoln speeches and a song are "real history".

Erich

Personally I like and kinda believe the Disneyland changes and where they are going, but I don't think that they will cut out the busses as Cast and guests use them.

As for the hotel & parking structure. Doesn't seem like a large enough site to have a hotel and a parking structure there, haha but what do I know XD

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can't believe everyone on this site is so worked up to go back and forth about simple ideas that are floating around. Proposals, concepts.. those are a LONG LONG way from 'plan of record'. I don't understand the energy for or against such stuff. It's a lifetime of changes away.. and does this simply give people the ammo to talk about 'cuts' simply because it didn't match the initial concepts.. or people worked up and let down because whatever comes out, they spent 5 years debating what it would be?

You guys are tiring...

Stevek

I can't believe everyone on this site is so worked up to go back and forth about simple ideas that are floating around. Proposals, concepts.. those are a LONG LONG way from 'plan of record'. I don't understand the energy for or against such stuff. It's a lifetime of changes away.. and does this simply give people the ammo to talk about 'cuts' simply because it didn't match the initial concepts.. or people worked up and let down because whatever comes out, they spent 5 years debating what it would be?

You guys are tiring...
I haven't noticed much about folks getting overly worked up...more speculation than anything I think. Sometimes it's fun to spitball ideas, especially when very few of us have any clue what will actually happen.

In any case...Disney Fans = Getting Worked Up = Tiring = Just another day on a Disney message board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom