The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thank you. The one I have just says onion and celery sauteed in butter and some sage and you pour it over bread cubes. So I do a bouillon cube in the butter, and add a bit of salt and pepper, and I cook it in a covered dish in the oven, since I can't get a turkey to stuff. I also use more butter than what it says because otherwise it's too dry. It's really not a great recipe.

As I was making my stuffing this morning. I tried to pay attention to how much sage I was putting in and it was probably in total about 2 1/2 tablespoons and I used 2 and a half bags of bread cubes. You could probably stuff it in a chicken, goose, or some other bird and get a similar effect.

Last edited:

betty rose

Thanks. The Polish and Bailey's cake were a few of my favorites to eat! Thanks for the kind words about photography. I tried to take good pictures, a few of mine this time turned out a little blurry. I guess I just have to slow down a little with some of my pictures and let the camera focus properly.
I loved all your pictures, the composition was great! The food has made me so hungry!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I made my stuffing and chocolate truffle pie this morning. I also decided to make the make ahead mashed potatoes like @JenniferS does. I even have the table set. Tomorrow I just have to stuff and cook the turkey and make the wild rice, then turn on the crock pot with the mashed potatoes and extra stuffing. Oh and pray my gravy comes out okay. I can make stuffing that tastes exactly like my mom's but I have a tough time with gravy.
I think my gravy is the reason we get both sides of the family on Thanksgiving. Do you start with a roux?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning everyone. We went to a bakery and got lots of special breads, and pastries, and delivered to DD house, as a surprise. She doesn't have to cook breakfast the next few days. The GS were very excited. Do any of you have a Kneader's bakery. They make the best orange, cranberry sweet bread .
Now I'm in the mood for orange cranberry bread. I have everything i need to make it and the oven is going. Time to make something just for me:D

betty rose

As I was making my stuffing this morning. I tried to pay attention to how much sage I was putting in and it was probably in total about 21 1/2 tablespoons and I used 2 and a half bags of bread cubes. You could probably stuff it in a chicken, goose, or some other bird and get a similar effect.
I love sage, this would taste great! I also love celery and thyme, only a little in my stuffing. Sometimes I add a beaten egg. I don't know why but that is what Mom would do. So funny , how we carry on traditions. DD does everything from a box, it's fine with me, as I don't have to cook. She has never liked food or cooking. Her hubby makes traditional sweet potatoes, and green bean casserole. They smell so good, but it has milk so I only "smell". :D

betty rose

Hahaaa...!
Yes, it's nice when it cools down a bit here and there for a few months.
But, I always say, if it's gonna' be below freezing, the least it could do is snow.
Obviously, we don't get snow very often down here , so it's kinda' a novel treat for a lot of us. :)
As long as it doesn't hang around too long or happen too often. ;)
Please take my ice and snow away tomorrow. It would be water down your way!

French Quarter

We are doing that right now, so the kids won't have too. We are downsizing to keep only essentials, it makes life less cluttered and complicated. We haven't moved for years, so things are overtaking me. Hubby likes "things", me not so much, I don't like to have so much to dust!

We are beginning a purge phase too. I'm a minalmist but have lived here for 5 years and things have a way of accumulating. Or biggest problem is so many toys. I find those the hardest to figure out. And books...of course. I can't stand having all this stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom