The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

@FutureCEO , what are your plans for Thanksgiving? Will you be spending it with all the rellies again? Between Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers, you had some amusing insights into the holidays. ;) I'd be curious to know how things turn out this year as well! :happy:

We are actually doing Turkey Day again at my house this year. My aunt is bringing her tacky Thanksgiving plates and bowls. :banghead: My other aunt is making her chourico stuffing. :joyfull:

My grandparents are coming over and this will be the first family holiday since they moved into the assisted living centre so that shall be interesting. Meanwhile, we filled a 3 ton dumpster to get rid of most of the carp in their old house.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We are actually doing Turkey Day again at my house this year. My aunt is bringing her tacky Thanksgiving plates and bowls. :banghead: My other aunt is making her chourico stuffing. :joyfull:

My grandparents are coming over and this will be the first family holiday since they moved into the assisted living centre so that shall be interesting. Meanwhile, we filled a 3 ton dumpster to get rid of most of the carp in their old house.

And, needless to say, you didn't disappoint me with your answers!! :joyfull: (P.S.: I think we'd all enjoy seeing a picture of the tacky Thanksgiving plates, if you can discreetly take a pic tomorrow!! :hilarious: )

Also, I know how difficult it is to clear out a home of your grandparents, when they move out. We had to do that years ago; it was a lot of work getting it all done. (One good thing about my own situation of moving around quite a few times during the years, is that it forced me to keep the essentials only, as hauling around "stuff" was too much of an effort.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Amazon is weird. They sent my package to the shipment centre an hour away from my house and then sent it to Long Island to be delivered to Rhode Island. Wouldn't it be easier to go from Mass to here?

I know it's crazy. The trend now is big distribution centers around the country. The old style shipping of the most direct route to your house is over. Mostly everything now goes first to the closest regional distribution center (which is often not even in your state) and then they dispatch trucks to deliver to regional houses from there. It may save the shipping companies money, but it sure doesn't do much for the people waiting for their packages!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hey, I have an idea for next year, so that you won't have to work so hard for days and days. What about a pot luck Thanksgiving, where everyone would bring one item to the feast? :angelic:
I thought about that and my mommy and mil got together and vetoed that idea. My mil is retired and my mommy doesn't cook. Come to think about it most of my family doesn't cook:hilarious: I think I'm the only one on either side that can handle the various special diets.

Figgy1

Premium Member
And, needless to say, you didn't disappoint me with your answers!! :joyfull: (P.S.: I think we'd all enjoy seeing a picture of the tacky Thanksgiving plates, if you can discreetly take a pic tomorrow!! :hilarious: )

Also, I know how difficult it is to clear out a home of your grandparents, when they move out. We had to do that years ago; it was a lot of work getting it all done. (One good thing about my own situation of moving around quite a few times during the years, is that it forced me to keep the essentials only, as hauling around "stuff" was too much of an effort.)
That's something I don't have, holiday dishes. I have stacks of plain white ones I got on clearance for big family get togethers. Maybe I'll venture out and look for some on sale this weekend. Just kidding I'd like some Christmas ones but it's money better spent elsewhere.

Songbird76

I cook my turkey both inside the bird and outside (in a crock pot). I guess I have a recipe, but I don't really measure and amounts can be changed depending on what I need. Here's how I make it.....I finely chop onion and celery and saute it until they are really soft in butter (at least a cup, perhaps more). While those are cooking, I put the dry bread cubes in a big bowl (I use one bag of herb seasoned and one bag unseasoned) and with the bread cubes I liberally salt and pepper it and pour in a can of chicken broth. I also season with dried sage, this I don't measure but I might start out with about a 1/2 tablespoon to 3/4 a tablespoon. Then I add the onions/celery and butter to the bread cubes. I mix it with a spoon and let the butter cool for a few minutes. Then I mush it up with my hands, added more broth, sage, salt and pepper as needed (I taste test as I go, my husband is my taster now, as I used to be the taster with my mom). Then I let it sit in the refrigerator over night so the flavors blend.

So there is my recipe of sorts.
Thank you. The one I have just says onion and celery sauteed in butter and some sage and you pour it over bread cubes. So I do a bouillon cube in the butter, and add a bit of salt and pepper, and I cook it in a covered dish in the oven, since I can't get a turkey to stuff. I also use more butter than what it says because otherwise it's too dry. It's really not a great recipe.

Songbird76

Patagonia: steak skewers and chimichuri, this was good. It ranks in the top 5 dishes of the trip. It was a little oily and very garlicy. I do like garlic so that wasn't a problem and the oil mixed in okay with the mash.
View attachment 120723

View attachment 120724

View attachment 120725

View attachment 120727 View attachment 120728

I just love this view in the Living with the Land, it is such a big reveal!
View attachment 120729

View attachment 120730

View attachment 120731

View attachment 120732

View attachment 120726
Gotta love the harvest display in the land with a nice butternut squash in a rather promiscuous setting. Not sure I'd have gone that way at Disney. But ok.

French Quarter

Yep, I understood what @Cesar R M meant, and I didn't really give it a second thought. As you posted, his knowledge of the written English language (without formal study and pretty much just from the Internet, and throw in being hearing impaired) is amazing.

Bein' from Texas, I'm pretty much a "Y'all" guy. ;)

When I travel through the Carolinas, I always love when they say "All y'all". I have taken to saying it myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom