The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

That is how our fresh mozzarella pizza is here, about twice the cost but totally different pie than traditional thin crust pizza here, so yummy. I've never had seafood pizza, the thought kinda makes me cringe, odd cause I love seafood.
Well, you wont know until you try it.
seriously, the garlic shrimp pizza = superb!

but then, it costs 40USD approximately where I live D:

betty rose

The supermarkets around here also sell the whole precooked Thanksgiving meal. It's a lot better than you might think. A few years ago, I bought one of those entire meals (serves 4) at Christmas, because I was having 4 people for Christmas dinner. There was plenty of food, and lots left over as well. It was really easy to heat up everything (they give you directions on how long to heat up the various items). I thought the supermarket did a great job, and I think the whole meal for 4 was about $45 (and they even included an apple pie for dessert).:hungry:
My sister has used a grocery precooked meal for years, and she loves it. Saves all the work and stress. She is 70 and at that age it gets to be too much for one person.

betty rose

:p I laughed over this, because it just took me back to my childhood, when my grandmother would have similar types of vague answers. She'd drive us around in her big old car, and she had no sense of direction (I inherited that trait by the way . . . :rolleyes:). Even as kids, we knew she had no idea where we were, and we'd ask her, "Grammie, where are we?" She'd say, "Oh, we're here." Our response would be, "But Grammie, where are we going?" Grammie: "There . . ." :hilarious:
I love your Grammie, so funny.

betty rose

Good morning everyone. We went to a bakery and got lots of special breads, and pastries, and delivered to DD house, as a surprise. She doesn't have to cook breakfast the next few days. The GS were very excited. Do any of you have a Kneader's bakery. They make the best orange, cranberry sweet bread .

betty rose

Hey, I have an idea for next year, so that you won't have to work so hard for days and days. What about a pot luck Thanksgiving, where everyone would bring one item to the feast? :angelic:
My family always did this growing up, we had lots of aunts and extended family that brought in things. Everyone brought their best dishes. It was fun trying all the different dishes.

betty rose

And, needless to say, you didn't disappoint me with your answers!! :joyfull: (P.S.: I think we'd all enjoy seeing a picture of the tacky Thanksgiving plates, if you can discreetly take a pic tomorrow!! :hilarious: )

Also, I know how difficult it is to clear out a home of your grandparents, when they move out. We had to do that years ago; it was a lot of work getting it all done. (One good thing about my own situation of moving around quite a few times during the years, is that it forced me to keep the essentials only, as hauling around "stuff" was too much of an effort.)
We are doing that right now, so the kids won't have too. We are downsizing to keep only essentials, it makes life less cluttered and complicated. We haven't moved for years, so things are overtaking me. Hubby likes "things", me not so much, I don't like to have so much to dust!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom