Big changes coming to Annual Passes

jeswins

Does anyone know if I have the option to upgrade my current annual pass to the new "platinum" annual pass to take advantage of the photo downloads? What would the upgrade cost? Since I was planning on getting Memory Maker anyway, if it's less than $169 to upgrade one pass, it would make sense for me to upgrade.

hopemax

Could be, at some point, its just a matter of principle. There is such a thing as rewarding customer loyalty.

True. IMO, the "danger" Disney faces is that all the people that give them free marketing on social media, suddenly experience a "bad breakup." When Disney becomes the bad boyfriend that can no longer be named, Disney has a big problem that's going to cost them dearly. I'm just not sure that we are there yet. Whine about the cost for a week, and then be lining up for the next special event. Just like when someone says they are gonna break up, and the next week they're back together as if the bad thing never happened.

afb28

Breaking News!

The recession ended 5 years ago. Only on FOX Noise is the "Obama Depression" still going on.

Just sayin'
i don't think the recession is still going on nor do I watch fox news so idk what you're talking about

my point he is quoting a stock price after a recession and is trying to pin the stock only going up because of price increases when in fact the whole economy has grown in which case the stock market grows

Disneyhead'71

True. IMO, the "danger" Disney faces is that all the people that give them free marketing on social media, suddenly experience a "bad breakup." When Disney becomes the bad boyfriend that can no longer be named, Disney has a big problem that's going to cost them dearly. I'm just not sure that we are there yet. Whine about the cost for a week, and then be lining up for the next special event. Just like when someone says they are gonna break up, and the next week they're back together as if the bad thing never happened.
Emotional abuse is a form of Domestic Violence. And just watch how the victims cling to the abuser.

The Lifestylers will whine and seek sympathy, and in the dark lonely hours of the long night, they will be on the computer begging Disney to take them back.

"Please, please, please take my money! I didn't mean what I said online! I'm sooooo sorry!"

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm so glad I renewed my Florida Resident Annual Pass on October 1st. So what is the Charter price for the Platinum Annual Pass?

afb28

i don't think the recession is still going on nor do I watch fox news so idk what you're talking about

my point he is quoting a stock price after a recession and is trying to pin the stock only going up because of price increases when in fact the whole economy has grown in which case the stock market grows
just to give this data:

in 2010 the DOW was around 11,000 while we just hit a high earlier this year over 18,000 so that increase shows the economy has gotten better and the stock price is not indicative of just park cost increases like he was insinuating

Disneyhead'71

just to give this data:

in 2010 the DOW was around 11,000 while we just hit a high earlier this year over 18,000 so that increase shows the economy has gotten better and the stock price is not indicative of just park cost increases like he was insinuating
I don't believe he was insinuating that the price increases were the reason that the stock price was so high. More that with record breaking stock prices, massive price increases are unnecessary and a bad business model. Bordering on "money grubbing".

LAKid53

Premium Member
So...
Silver - seasonal
Gold - normal annual
Platinum - premium annual...
Free photopass downloads for gold and plat...
Free parking for all..
Price bump?

Except Gold now has blackout dates. Gold and Silver look like the old Seasonal Pass with Gold having fewer black out dates.

Platinum is the old Annual Pass with Photo Pass downloads included. Which I could have cared less about, quite frankly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
just to give this data:

I don't believe he was insinuating that the price increases were the reason that the stock price was so high. More that with record breaking stock prices, massive price increases are unnecessary and a bad business model. Bordering on "money grubbing".

Maybe I could just insinuate that TWDC has become a money grabbing rat.

Nah. I'll just state it.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Looks like dvc can buy gold for same price as Florida residents and save $100 on the platinum and platinum plus

Except that DVC members paid a rate similar to the rate for Florida residents for an annual pass. The Gold pass has blackout dates. The DVC annual pass didn't. The only difference for me (as a Florida resident) was that I had to pay the full amount of the annual pass through DVC - no monthly payments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom