Big changes coming to Annual Passes

hopemax

Doing this as long as I have, I have mixed feelings. I understand the personal pain of facing a major increase and realizing that you either flat out cant afford it, or that even if you can the value is just not there anymore. I've always compared Disney more to a relationship, where they really can break your heart, and it's devastating. When I thought we'd lose my Mom's Silver Pass upon her death, I cried and that was with feeling WDW wasn't really "worth it" anymore. Thankfully, that didn't happen (but I wonder what kind of chaos they are going to unleash upon those). It hurts that bad, anyway.

But at the same time, I've always felt that Annual passes should NOT be the choice for people "just on their yearly vacation." It should be a small group of people who either can visit quarterly, monthly (or weekly, or daily). At $800, if you believe WDW (including parking and photos) should cost $50 a day, that only means you have to visit 16 times. So 4, four day trips for a hypothetical DVC member, or 2 weeks and a long weekend, or most months going once, with 4 double ups. That's not really unmanageable for a certain group of people. I'm okay with the idea that people are "priced out" of APs. I don't like the phrase "Disney isn't a charity," I believe Disney should be mindful of the finances of their base, which should include the middle class, but at the same time, I don't want one group to be paying through the nose, while another is paying $10 a visit either (at $800, that is a 'once a week' visitor).

Disneyland is harder to break even. When we lived in AZ, I would have the premium and my husband would have the deluxe. The most we visited was 5 times, 3 days each, with a few more days in July. So maybe 20 days a year. At $1049 that would work out to $52.45, so barely worth it. At the low point, which was like 11 days that's $95, and maybe hoppers would have been cheaper.

At the end, it's not the PRICE that bothers me, it's the attitude with which the parks were run. If WDW and DL were run like Tokyo Disney it would be easier. If they were building at the quality and speed of Universal, that would make it easier. But that's not the Disney we have.

Mouse Trap

Working at ucf i have heard the lenghts students and employees go to avoid paying for parking at disney lol

Really it requires no great lengths. Is that Cast Member, CP or whatever working at the parking booth really going to push themselves to get people to pay up for parking? Probably not. At less than $10 an hour it's not worth arguments with guests, jumping in front of cars, extensive questioning etc...

Nemo14

So this means th Cast is getting a raise, right?
yelrotflmao.gif

MissM

I've read through the whole topic but I admit, I'm still confused. We renewed our (then) Florida Resident Annual Pass (365 days/no blockouts) back in August. We pay monthly through August 2016 for it. Under the new system, it looks like it's what would now be called a "Platinum Pass." So...do those of us with existing passes get the "added" feature of PhotoPass or not? I've tried logging into the website but can't find anything about my features/benefits.

note2001

Looks like the decision whether to renew the annual pass or not has been made a little easier.
Looks like I will no longer be hosting my adult children's passes on my dime - this next trip is the last time as we all have APs, after that if they want them, they spring for them.

Disneyhead'71

Remember that survey from a couple of months ago that asked if you would be willing to pay more for a less miserably crowded park?

So now they are actively trying to run off paying customers. Why? Because they have proudly refused to invest to keep up with demand for close to 2 decades.

What do these geniuses get paid? That kind of arrogance would bankrupt most companies.

disney4life2008

What? Wait. Where?... and in what categories? I certainly want 3 more FPs for the tiki room.

Its not. Its sarcasm. Its bad enough that fp+ has made the lines unbareable at attractions that once had little or no wait. Outside of reserving 3 attractions for one park fp+ has not dramatically enhanced my vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom