Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

gmajew

Premium Member
So far based on all the videos and the pictures the ride looks great! Very happy they did a first class job getting it back into proper condition! I hope they keep it as such now as this is must do ride every time I am in the park. Usually more then once

pmaljr

Well, I don't like what they did to the ...

drop. We rode it Saturday night during EMH. That was the first time I've ever ridden that ride where my stomach didn't drop even a little (I've been going since the 70s when I was a kid). It could be that it now seemingly takes forever for the boat to climb to start the drop now, not sure, but that part sucks now IMO. I hope there is a way for them to make that a little better.

Clamman73

Has anyone noticed if the cloud projection has returned on the ceiling since the refurb?

Also, my guess is that video was shot with the iris of the camera wide open to let in as much light as possible. That's my hope because all the scenes seemed WAY too bright.
Specifically in which scene? I'll be on it later again if it's open.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The dog in the 2nd to last jail scene needs to go to the WDI Vet STAT.

Is it me or does the dog look worse? Did they switch out the dog? The dog looks horrible... Like it has mange or something?
The dog is different and really stood out when we rode it on Saturday. He does look bad in person.
image.jpeg

NearTheEars

Perhaps the heathens will crucify you now for even suggesting such heresy that people are getting fatter.

People are absolutely getting fatter. That's a fact.

I just don't believe that the fat guests are the reason the boats are failing. I think whoever designed the new boats failed.

The old boats seemed to be doing just fine handling the heavier load. Don't remember any splash or water complaints until the new lighter fleet was launched.

pmaljr

I'm a big dude. You hardly ever got wet in the old boats unless you sat in the front and the weight was proportioned just right. Now, it's a given. I actually think you should get a little wet, I think it adds something to it (the wet part). But, the seats and floors were definitely not an issue before that I can remember.

LongtimeReader

Basically once you turn the corner and head towards the bride auction they were present until the jail scene.
That's excellent news. Only one was on in the fire scene on the day it officially reopened. The clouds were always my favorite detail as it really gave the illusion of a sky instead of a black ceiling with visible air vents.

mikeh

Has anyone noticed if the cloud projection has returned on the ceiling since the refurb?

Also, my guess is that video was shot with the iris of the camera wide open to let in as much light as possible. That's my hope because all the scenes seemed WAY too bright.

1) Yes, the cloud projection is present.
2) It's not as bright as the video would make you think. That said, great video.

Goofyernmost

looks like he needs a bath and a good grooming... dang...
Yup, a well groomed mutt in a scene of pirates would certainly display an air of reality to the whole scene. Also, a lot of those pirates look like they could use a shower.:in pain: What were they thinking? And that pirate with his hairy leg hanging down from the bridge,:jawdrop: hello... a waxing would be called for there. ;)

ItlngrlBella

The cloud projection is the biggest thing I remember as a kid and being in wonder of... It's something I always look for when we ride it and it's something I hope they incorporate as next generation (more vivid/HD) into future dark rides (Pandora and Star Wars come to mind) - curved ceiling and projections of another worlds' vistas/skies is almost always a good thing for total immersion/theming.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Yup, a well groomed mutt in a scene of pirates would certainly display an air of reality to the whole scene. Also, a lot of those pirates look like they could use a shower.:in pain: What were they thinking? And that pirate with his hairy leg hanging down from the bridge,:jawdrop: hello... a waxing would be called for there. ;)

yeah you missed my point... he looks worse than he did before the refurb... whether that was intentional I don't know...

I also wish there were people that I stand near in the queue line would shower as well just for the record :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom