The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I chuckled over your last sentence. You see, our landlord also hates yard work. His solution? He poured concrete all over the back yard and put up a retaining wall all around as well. Voila. No more grass for him to mow! ;)

(P.S.: I wish he would have just left the grass back there, as I prefer nature and all. Yet, I told him it looked nice. But, there's a method to my approach, because he likes us and has never raised our rent. I prefer that he continues to think that I worship the concrete he walks on! :inlove: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D )
You're smart! I'm really no good with plants and our yard always looks HORRIBLE, and it's rather embarrassing that someone walks by and sees the state of it, so it would really be better just to pull all the grass out and put in something that doesn't require care. I hate weeding, but mostly it's just I am a disaster with plants. You know in Monsters vs. Aliens where they ask Susan what her monster name was...like, what people call her when she appears. "Oh no! It's ...? " and she says "Susan?" and then Bob says "Suuuuuuusan! That IS scary! I scared myself!" Well...I'm betting that's what the grass/plants scream when they see me. "Oh no! It's Suuuuuuuusan!"

Songbird76

Yup. Same here. We didn't even have to think of school supplies, because the nuns put everything we needed in our desks. (We had the lift-up top desks, with the storage area.) All we had to buy on our own, were Lindy pens (by the way, that pen company went out of business in 1990).

So on the first day of school, I'd walk into class holding this dorky, blue ink, Lindy fine point pen, and my lunch box. The nuns had already put pencils and rulers in our desks, and we had to put the pen right next to the pencil and ruler, in the middle, between the books. Everyone had to place books in precisely the order that the nun requested, on either the right or left side; but we could not choose the side, only the nun could dictate that.

It gets better. The nuns would perform inspection of the desks a few times a week. :hilarious:
What happened if your desk wasn't in order? I'd have always been in trouble. I could never keep my desk straightened up.

Songbird76

Well, I survived the first day at school! It was nice to see the kids again and meet my new students. It was really hot in my classroom though, and it is supposed to be hotter tomorrow too. Ugh. :confused:
I was going to suggest a fan, but I see someone already did. Sympathy like. Our school isn't air conditioned either. At the end of the last school year, we had a heatwave. Most of the schools went to an altered schedule where they started earlier and got out before the heat was at its worst. Our school didn't do that, and my daughter's teacher took a picture of the thermometer in their classroom...43*C. (109*F) One of the fathers brought in ice cream for all the kids. Here's hoping you don't melt!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ok so at my local aquarium we have the opportunity to buy tickets to spend the night. Am I too old or is this just scary? Like what if I fall asleep and wake up with a shark staring at me through the glass or worse yet sleeping in a space with strangers.
Bad idea no?

It's only bad if you are, "swimming with the fishes . . ." (source: Luca Brasi in The Godfather)

:D

Songbird76

Agree, there are always "those" type of "artists".
But not all of them are like that.
Id say the rant is when adults go with their "back in my day..." when they were labelled rebels by their fathers too.

kinda reminds me of this in the artist side:

32p9xn2.jpg
It's called the Dunning Kruger effect. A relatively unskilled person will rate their skill level higher than it is, while a very skilled person will rate theirs as lower than it is, thinking that if it's easy for them, it must be easy for everyone. So Kanye thinks he's amazing, when really, there are much more talented musicians out there...he has no idea that he's a joke to most people. And then other, more talented musicians think it's easy for everyone and underestimate their own ability. The Kanyes of the world go around acting superior, with an actual belief that they are, and they seek attention and praise, and they get a lot of negative attention/ get laughed at by people who see them for what they truly are. The more talented/skilled people don't realize there is anything special about them, so they are more humble and not seeking attention and praise, because they don't think they deserve that attention and praise. Or that's how I understand it anyway. Fascinating stuff, psychology.

Songbird76

It has been many years but have been to Dundee IL, many a time I took my DS to Santa's Village. Growing up as a little kid my Aunt would take us out there and then we would have lunch at the Milk Pail. Good times for my Sis and I who were Chicago Suburbanites out in the boonies. Ha! What little I knew about what the future would hold for me.
Oh we used to LOVE Santa's Village! I'm pretty sure it's closed down now. Last time I was there (2004?) was for my mom's burial and I think my cousin told me it had closed down. Sad. We went there pretty much every time we were in Dundee and we went back about every 2 years to visit all the cousins, aunts and uncles.

Songbird76

Happy Wednesday! @MinnieM123 cover your eyes! It's heavenly out almost 70 and only going up from here! I'm spending as much time as I can today outside, walking and at the pool. I wish I didn't have any chores but Mount Laundry is calling my name and I have some cooking to do. Oh well life is still very good! Yesterday James got to pick a lab partner for science class, she's smart and wants to be a surgeon that should help with frog dissection, she's also very cute. I'm starting to see a pattern forming:confused: As I've said it's going to be a very interesting year:cautious::eek::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: at least his gym locker partner will be a boy:hilarious: Next summer I'll be taking lots of blackmail pics:D
He must be pretty popular if they are getting to pick their partners and all the cute girls are picking him, too. I agree...it must be the geek chic!

Figgy1

Premium Member
He must be pretty popular if they are getting to pick their partners and all the cute girls are picking him, too. I agree...it must be the geek chic!
Science was a no brainer, they're always at the top of their grade in that subject and they want to keep it that way, he's been friends with the girl on the bus since before they started school, her grandparents live down the street from me and his lunch buddy is the ultimate tom boy, no to mention big time Disney fan. Last year that would have been my response but this year he's already talking about going to dances:cautious: I'm not exactly happy I'm no longer his favorite girl.:(

Songbird76

Science was a no brainer, they're always at the top of their grade in that subject and they want to keep it that way, he's been friends with the girl on the bus since before they started school, her grandparents live down the street from me and his lunch buddy is the ultimate tom boy, no to mention big time Disney fan. Last year that would have been my response but this year he's already talking about going to dances:cautious: I'm not exactly happy I'm no longer his favorite girl.:(
Sounds like he's a pretty smart kid! Science was my worst subject. I never could get a handle on it. It was the one subject I just didn't feel confident in. It's nice that he has friendly (and pretty) faces all around him!! Are you sure you're not his favorite girl? Sure, his head may turn to a pretty girl in his class, but maybe he's comparing her to his mother to see if she measures up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom