The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, I survived the first day at school! It was nice to see the kids again and meet my new students. It was really hot in my classroom though, and it is supposed to be hotter tomorrow too. Ugh. :confused:

Don't they have portable fans for the classrooms--even just some air circulating can help a bit. I'd probably pass out in there.

Glad you enjoyed meeting your new students. That must be fun teaching different kids every year.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So someone threw a rock in my pool the other day. This is the 2nd time someone has done this (with the first being in the winter a few years ago and as a result completely up the pool cover), and while the rock wasnt huge, it still could of put a hole in the liner. I have an idea of who it could be in my area, and im hoping to catch them in the act next time i can make them eat the damn thing before they throw it.

1z6a41u.jpg

Is the person you suspect of doing this, a kid or an adult?

What struck me odd was that you said it was the second time, in approximately a 2-year period. When I read that, my hunch was that it was not the same person (or persons, such as in the example of some kids on summer vacation, with too much time on their hands, and some of them get involved in vandalism).

As a few others here have also suggested, perhaps put a camera out there.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Don't they have portable fans for the classrooms--even just some air circulating can help a bit. I'd probably pass out in there.

Glad you enjoyed meeting your new students. That must be fun teaching different kids every year.

I do have a fan in the room, I suppose I could have more but that is a lot of extra noise that I have to talk over then. I actually started to lose my voice a little, I have to get my teacher voice back. It is fun to teach different kids, but I have a lot of the same too. Since we are a small school I teach 7-9th grade so we get to know each other pretty well by the end of that third year together.

catmom46

This is a big of deja vu here. I recall my own parents making almost exactly the same comment about my music idols, back in the day. ;)

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Sure, some of them are definitely pretentious idiots, but there are quite a few other decent and talented musicians who end up getting a bad rap, due to the adverse actions of the ones making the most noise, and getting the most press.

Oh yeah, I totally agree not all musicians/celebrities are idiots - I was just thinking of the ones that were mentioned in the "news". :D

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Is the person you suspect of doing this, a kid or an adult?

What struck me odd was that you said it was the second time, in approximately a 2-year period. When I read that, my hunch was that it was not the same person (or persons, such as in the example of some kids on summer vacation, with too much time on their hands, and some of them get involved in vandalism).

As a few others here have also suggested, perhaps put a camera out there.

I suspect it's a group of young adults from the next area over (there's a field that separates my backyard and others from a bunch of row homes and apartments). They walk around my area quite frequently, no matter the season.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not sure if it's enough to warrant an entire TR, since it was only one day. I'll probably post pics on the DLR picture of the day thread as well, though.

Never looked at the DLR threads before (just don't have enough time to read all the various sections of the forums--I wish I did!!). But if you give us a heads up when you plan on posting, I will happily take a look to see your picture(s). :) I like piccies just as long as I know where to find them! :happy:

catmom46

Never looked at the DLR threads before (just don't have enough time to read all the various sections of the forums--I wish I did!!). But if you give us a heads up when you plan on posting, I will happily take a look to see your picture(s). :) I like piccies just as long as I know where to find them! :happy:

If everyone on this thread doesn't mind, I'll post them here, for my friends. :inlove:

catmom46

So someone threw a rock in my pool the other day. This is the 2nd time someone has done this (with the first being in the winter a few years ago and as a result completely up the pool cover), and while the rock wasnt huge, it still could of put a hole in the liner. I have an idea of who it could be in my area, and im hoping to catch them in the act next time i can make them eat the damn thing before they throw it.

1z6a41u.jpg

Yep, also agree a security camera is the way to go! Nowadays you gotta have evidence to catch the buggers.

Cesar R M

Yup. Same here. We didn't even have to think of school supplies, because the nuns put everything we needed in our desks. (We had the lift-up top desks, with the storage area.) All we had to buy on our own, were Lindy pens (by the way, that pen company went out of business in 1990).

So on the first day of school, I'd walk into class holding this dorky, blue ink, Lindy fine point pen, and my lunch box. The nuns had already put pencils and rulers in our desks, and we had to put the pen right next to the pencil and ruler, in the middle, between the books. Everyone had to place books in precisely the order that the nun requested, on either the right or left side; but we could not choose the side, only the nun could dictate that.

It gets better. The nuns would perform inspection of the desks a few times a week. :hilarious:
That doesnt sound like a school.. but like a prison or brainwashing camp :(

Cesar R M

Oh yeah, I totally agree not all musicians/celebrities are idiots - I was just thinking of the ones that were mentioned in the "news". :D
Agree, there are always "those" type of "artists".
But not all of them are like that.
Id say the rant is when adults go with their "back in my day..." when they were labelled rebels by their fathers too.

kinda reminds me of this in the artist side:

32p9xn2.jpg

Cesar R M

I dont usually look at those too.
I would want to see HER pictures, not someone else's.
It just isnt the same. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom