The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Sage of Time

You didn't care for PTN?
Kinda? I thought that it was visually stunning and the music was very catchy.... but it really lacked that 'Disneyland charm' that the park has in abundance. The parade almost feels too big and too bright for such intimate spaces. It feels like a DCA parade crammed down Main Street.

Animaniac93-98

They don't seem very popular. I think they're actually quite lovely as far as dolls go, which isn't my thing so I guess my opinion doesn't count for much. They are a bit steep at $119.

It's a steep price (more than what I really want to pay, admittedly), but there definately is a market for this kind of stuff. A similar kind of Jasmine doll went up on the Disney Store website for pre order last week and sold out within 48 hours! Same thing happened last year with a different Aurora doll (both pink and blue dresses made).

I guess by making it a Disneyland exclusive, they've helped to controll demand.

Bairstow

Kinda? I thought that it was visually stunning and the music was very catchy.... but it really lacked that 'Disneyland charm' that the park has in abundance. The parade almost feels too big and too bright for such intimate spaces. It feels like a DCA parade crammed down Main Street.

That's certainly plausible, considering that it wasn't originally designed for a park with Anaheim-width spaces.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
That's certainly plausible, considering that it wasn't originally designed for a park with Anaheim-width spaces.

Was the parade not originally for Hong Kong Disneyland? Main Street there is practically identical to California's. And the parade route from Fantasyland to the hub isn't much wider than Small World mall.

George Lucas on a Bench

I've been disappointed with DL lately. Every time we go lately, there's garbage all over on the ground, the E tickets have many broken effects (I haven't seen the HBG working in weeks--last week, his head was just a projector, this week, his head was static with the projector behind it still plainly visible) and the Matterhorn Macaroons seem to be a new recipe and they aren't as good.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Hatbox was working yesterday when I rode, but agreed in terms of trash. I've been seeing trash in the queues a lot. Also, the Davy Jones projection in Pirates isn't clear.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I found the parks very clean on my trip, but VERY crowded. Bathrooms were filthy.

I found the parks fairly clean a couple weeks ago too. The bathrooms were okay, but there was always a line to use the sinks! Not always a line for the stalls but usually always for one of the few sinks in the bathroom. I guess I'm glad people want to wash their hands! :)

Sage of Time

I found the parks fairly clean a couple weeks ago too. The bathrooms were okay, but there was always a line to use the sinks! Not always a line for the stalls but usually always for one of the few sinks in the bathroom. I guess I'm glad people want to wash their hands! :)
YES. This. Disneyland's restrooms are TINY! LOL

GiveMeTheMusic

The Davy Jones waterfall needs to be retired. It has never worked convincingly and it's worse than ever. Couple that with the inane added narration - whoever wrote it must be new because they break the cardinal rules of writing.

"DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES"
"Ah but they do tell tales, so says I, Davey Jones!"

Why would they write a script that contradicts itself? No one gives a **** what Davey Jones has to say. Can all of that crap.

Bairstow

The Davy Jones waterfall needs to be retired. It has never worked convincingly and it's worse than ever. Couple that with the inane added narration - whoever wrote it must be new because they break the cardinal rules of writing.

"DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES"

Why would they write a script that contradicts itself? No one gives a **** what Davey Jones has to say. Can all of that crap.

Nah, it works.
It's the new movie-based pirate stuff literally controverting the original Atencio/Davis material.

Sage of Time

"DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES"

Auditory clutter. Agreed.

Animaniac93-98

Miceage's update today shows the new Princess and the Frog themed window display at the Emporium. That's 3 of the 6 done, right? There's Frozen, Aladdin and Toy Story left I think.

They also say there will be fewer Halloween decorations this year. No orange bunting or lampost touches on Main Street. They'll all stay 60th themed with the Mickey pumpkin in Town Square sitting alongside them.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom