The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Kate Alan

Don't know about a rate, but winds can and do cancel any DL fireworks show, or at least modify it (think no flying Nemo, for example).

Yep. Happened to us the last night of our trip...thankfully we'd managed to catch some of it the night before between rides, otherwise we would have been really disappointed. You should have heard the crowd's response though, I thought we were going to have a riot on our hands.

RMichael21

Looks like Shelly Valladolid is trying to save Micechat by trying to find some rumors to get their site attention again. Her latest Fab News column has some interesting information about Disneyland's 15 year plan. She says that a third theme park for Disneyland will probably be announced in 2018 when the current CEO of Disney retires from his position. The Carousel Hotel on Harbor Boulevard will be taken down to make room for an egress to a new 5,000 car parking garage that will start getting built soon. Lastly, Disney California Adventure's Paradise Pier Hotel will be torn out in the future for the first Disney Vacation Club Resort.
http://micechat.com/107199-fab-news-disneyland-3rd-park/
Interesting, I was wondering why there haven't been any MiceAge updates. What even happened to those? :confused: I always loved them. :(

croboy82

For some reason I just don't believe in that update.

Why would they try to "squeeze" in Marvel and Star Wars into the two parks now when they want to announce a new park in 3 years? It would be easier to put these two there and would attract a lot of people that way.

GiveMeTheMusic

Why would they try to "squeeze" in Marvel and Star Wars into the two parks now when they want to announce a new park in 3 years? It would be easier to put these two there and would attract a lot of people that way.

Well for one thing a third park isn't going to be announced in 2018. Fab's column also talks about what great execs Phil Holmes and Dan Cockerell are, and even makes New Fantasyland sound like it was Holmes' idea.

A third gate at DLR is likely 10 years away, maybe more. It will happen, and there are concepts on the table, but there's a lot to do first.

Suspirian

Are there any plans to rebuild RRCS in Hollywoodland or something while ToonTown becomes Star Wars Land? Kinda sad to see a sound attraction like that leave for good.

Figment82

Does it happen often?
My husband really wanted to see Remember..., so I took him out to DL for his very first trip in November 2008. We were there 3 nights and patiently waited a couple hours each night to have a prime spot. And every single night, those darn Santa Ana winds blew in and we heard the dreaded "due to high winds at high elevations..." announcement. It's still a running joke for us. So disappointing!

We made another trip out 6 months later in the spring and had much better luck. I'm hoping the winds aren't too bad for us on our next trip, as we're greatly looking forward to seeing the new show.

Sage of Time

My husband really wanted to see Remember..., so I took him out to DL for his very first trip in November 2008. We were there 3 nights and patiently waited a couple hours each night to have a prime spot. And every single night, those darn Santa Ana winds blew in and we heard the dreaded "due to high winds at high elevations..." announcement. It's still a running joke for us. So disappointing!

We made another trip out 6 months later in the spring and had much better luck. I'm hoping the winds aren't too bad for us on our next trip, as we're greatly looking forward to seeing the new show.
Yikes. Hopefully that's not the case for August.

Vegas Disney Fan

Agree. I've heard the parking garage rumor but the rest sounds highly unlikely. The rumors I'm hearing have some backstage areas moving and a new garage built behind the hotel they just bought, this frees up more space for star wars at DL and marvel going to DCA. I don't expect a 3rd gate anytime soon. It would be nice to spread out the crowds but seems very unlikely since they've made plans for the 2 most anticipated franchises right now.

TP2000

Yikes. Hopefully that's not the case for August.

Santa Ana season doesn't get going until October. August should be fine, although the rapidly building El Nino is doing weird things to the weather this summer. Anything's possible when it comes to weather, but you won't get Santa Ana's until October or November.

Sage of Time

Got to see the show twice and it was spectacular. Really great.

Paint the Night and World of Color were different stories... Reused MK Celebrate the Magic music? Neil Patrick Harris? Star Wars? No continuity? In a show about Walt? At least the fountains and lights were beautiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom