Things you do leading up to trip

CAPTAIN HOOK

Work out the EMH patterns well in advance,
Continually check and recheck the Park hours,
Keep returning to the Dining Reservations site, in the hope that someone will cancel the time that I'm seeking for a couple of outstanding meals,
Watch the currency exchange rates - and buy before attending the airport,
Book the taxi,
Pack the cases,
Wait...............impatiently

Upvote 0

OSUgirl77

I read the latest version of the Unofficial Guide to WDW, even if there's nothing new. Pull out and wash all of my Disney shirts. Listen to a lot of WDW music, especially the Epcot entrance loop and Epcot attraction soundtracks. Check all of my reservations daily in the week leading up to departure, and make any last minute changes. Watch Mary Poppins for the millionth time.

Upvote 0

BigHero4

We start a Disney countdown chain for our kids 30 days out. We also allow them to collect Disney dollars weekly for good behavior so they can spend it in the parks - and learn the value of a dollar... or at least how little $1 means at WDW! We also prep them for the plane ride, and just build general Disney excitement. Oh, and I turn the planning craziness dial up to 1000 and research every last detail regardless of number of trips we've taken - there's always more to learn. I'm down with the planning sickness.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

With a couple of weeks to go,watch the vacation planning DVD, pack, repack then pack again.
My kids take their clothes off the dining room table and lay out their outfits, put them back, (lather, rinse, repeat).
I don't officially pack until the day before. I'm psychotic on many levels. I put on d-cot ( especially the old DME loop) and iron. Then I put the clothes into big ziploc bags. It actually keeps things nice and if someone at the airport goes through my luggage, I won't be grossed out that they touched our clothes.

Upvote 0

JennSmith

I wish I had more to do! 43 days to go and I feel all that's left is WAIT...and eventually pack. I am glad you started this thread. Maybe you guys can give me some reminders. I have done the following so far..
- All the obvious Disney stuff - ADRs, FP, online check-in, customized MBs, paid off balance
- Ordered groceries through Garden Grocer
- Started a box of all the toiletries we will need - all sample sizes. That may seem wasteful but when we leave whatever is left is getting pitched. I don't wanna come home and have to unpack deodorant :)
- Took inventory of said box to tape on outside so I know exactly what's in there without having to rummage
- Ordered about 10 different crossbody bags to find the perfect one and returned the rest.
- Made sure all of the family had good, comfy shoes
- Made sure entire family had all the necessary clothes, (we are a jeans/jean capris and t-shirt kind of family and Disney is more a tank top and shorts kind of place, IMO)
- Made reservation, (and confirmed twice now because I am a spaz) for hotel in between home and DW
- Printed all directions to and from and back again for the trip in case GPS fails us
- Created spreadsheet, (don't judge...I have real issues :)) with all of the days we will be there and all park hours, including EMH for each day. Spreadsheet also breaks down which park will be our main park for that day, FP times and ADRs
- Ordered our costume t-shirts for MNSSHP
- Bought plain white t-shirts to make some of these - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/161777811585827535/ although I may change my mind and make regular Mickey tie dyed shirts
- Printed copies of insurance cards and placed in folder with all important numbers, copies of reservation confirmations, printed copy of spreadsheet that I referenced earlier, hard tickets that were sent to us for MNSSHP
- Created mini spreadsheet of all the drinks and snacks that I will order when I drink and snack around the world - I will fold this up and carry in my perfect crossbody bag
- Printed off menus of all the places we have ADRs at so my family can hopefully narrow it down beforehand and we don't spend 76 years waiting for my oldest daughter and mother to order...I love them but - ugh when it comes time for them to order
- Watched the planning DVD a bajillion times
- Made a jar of movies to pick one from each week, (our countdown started at 477 days sooooo), picture below
- Ordered necessary birthday cake
- Also ordered surprise welcome celebration for kids since they already knew about trip
- Narrowed down which neighbor we will enlist to pick up our mail
- Purchased timers for random lights in house
- Researched tips for everything basically, printed ones I thought were worth printing...placed in folder previously mentioned. It's actually an expandable file.
- Hijacked this website because it is all I have left when it comes to waiting...sorry!!! :oops:

Upvote 0

Disney4family

I wish I had more to do! 43 days to go and I feel all that's left is WAIT...and eventually pack. I am glad you started this thread. Maybe you guys can give me some reminders. I have done the following so far..
- All the obvious Disney stuff - ADRs, FP, online check-in, customized MBs, paid off balance
- Ordered groceries through Garden Grocer
- Started a box of all the toiletries we will need - all sample sizes. That may seem wasteful but when we leave whatever is left is getting pitched. I don't wanna come home and have to unpack deodorant :)
- Took inventory of said box to tape on outside so I know exactly what's in there without having to rummage
- Ordered about 10 different crossbody bags to find the perfect one and returned the rest.
- Made sure all of the family had good, comfy shoes
- Made sure entire family had all the necessary clothes, (we are a jeans/jean capris and t-shirt kind of family and Disney is more a tank top and shorts kind of place, IMO)
- Made reservation, (and confirmed twice now because I am a spaz) for hotel in between home and DW
- Printed all directions to and from and back again for the trip in case GPS fails us
- Created spreadsheet, (don't judge...I have real issues :)) with all of the days we will be there and all park hours, including EMH for each day. Spreadsheet also breaks down which park will be our main park for that day, FP times and ADRs
- Ordered our costume t-shirts for MNSSHP
- Bought plain white t-shirts to make some of these - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/161777811585827535/ although I may change my mind and make regular Mickey tie dyed shirts
- Printed copies of insurance cards and placed in folder with all important numbers, copies of reservation confirmations, printed copy of spreadsheet that I referenced earlier, hard tickets that were sent to us for MNSSHP
- Created mini spreadsheet of all the drinks and snacks that I will order when I drink and snack around the world - I will fold this up and carry in my perfect crossbody bag
- Printed off menus of all the places we have ADRs at so my family can hopefully narrow it down beforehand and we don't spend 76 years waiting for my oldest daughter and mother to order...I love them but - ugh when it comes time for them to order
- Watched the planning DVD a bajillion times
- Made a jar of movies to pick one from each week, (our countdown started at 477 days sooooo), picture below
- Ordered necessary birthday cake
- Also ordered surprise welcome celebration for kids since they already knew about trip
- Narrowed down which neighbor we will enlist to pick up our mail
- Purchased timers for random lights in house
- Researched tips for everything basically, printed ones I thought were worth printing...placed in folder previously mentioned. It's actually an expandable file.
- Hijacked this website because it is all I have left when it comes to waiting...sorry!!! :oops:
I have to show this to my husband so he realizes not only am I the only psychotic Disney fanatic, but that you ( and I say this with complete respect and admiration) are the Queen of psychotic Disney planning. :p

Upvote 0

JennSmith

I have to show this to my husband so he realizes not only am I the only psychotic Disney fanatic, but that you ( and I say this with complete respect and admiration) are the Queen of psychotic Disney planning. :p

Oh it's much worse. I actually refrained when I was typing that post. For a number of reasons - thought I might run out of characters, was afraid I would be judged too harshly, (but I would probably deserve it because I am crazy :)), and also because I did feel it was kind of too long for a thread that I did not create lol. Didn't want to wear out my welcome! There's so much more...details that no one on here would care about, not they care about what I chose to share. And it didn't let me paste my pic of the movie jar either and I forgot to attach it...so it's attached to this reply :)

Attachments

• 10588710_10154444014510650_1752624164_n.jpg
    10588710_10154444014510650_1752624164_n.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

I read the latest version of the Unofficial Guide to WDW, even if there's nothing new. Pull out and wash all of my Disney shirts. Listen to a lot of WDW music, especially the Epcot entrance loop and Epcot attraction soundtracks. Check all of my reservations daily in the week leading up to departure, and make any last minute changes. Watch Mary Poppins for the millionth time.

What's the EPCOT entrance loop?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom