The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

Yup, went down both slides today. :)

It is wonderful. I encourage anyone who visits Oahu to spend at least a few days here, if for no other reason than the pool.

It's also great for kids. There's Auntie's Beach House, which is an activity center for kids. One of the restaurants does a character breakfast. And there are several water play areas just for kids. One even has two slides.

Speaking of the characters, a character greeting here is much better than at WDW or DL. There's only Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Stitch, Chip and Dale, and I believe Donald and Daisy, but they have way more time to spend with guests, the greetings are spontaneous, and they are just fun to watch because they can actually roam. For instance, two days ago, Stitch was trying to open a gate that said "closed" while his handler playfully told him no, yesterday, Chip was looking at a map with a guest while Dale played with a baby in a stroller, and today, Goofy was ankle deep in the pool interacting with the guests. Just much more spontaneous and a whole lot more fun.

We were there January 2014 and liked it so much that's where we bought our DVC! (We had a really good sales person. :D) Auntie's Beach House rocks! Although we didn't see much character interaction so maybe they punched it up since our visit. But as we banked/borrowed points for our trip next month, we won't be back for at least a couple more years. :arghh:

StarWarsGirl

When my daughter says "I'm hungry" I always say "Nice to meet you, hungry." :geek:
My dad still does that to me. The joke goes right over my brother's head.

My brother doesn't complain about being hungry. Usually I can tell because he gets really cranky. And then he eats everything in sight. Usually, at home, he just asks permission and will start eating anything (Pop tarts, cereal, goldfish...anything is fair game). Usually, he won't say he's hungry; he'll say he wants lunch or wants something specific. Though now that he's a teenager, he eats a lot.

StarWarsGirl

We were there January 2014 and liked it so much that's where we bought our DVC! (We had a really good sales person. :D) Auntie's Beach House rocks! Although we didn't see much character interaction so maybe they punched it up since our visit. But as we banked/borrowed points for our trip next month, we won't be back for at least a couple more years. :arghh:
My parents own here too. They bank the points so we can go every few years. I say we; I don't know when I'll be back. I graduate in two years, and I told them I want to do a big California trip when I graduate, and after that, I really don't know if I can logistically and financially make it back here any time soon. :(

catmom46

My parents own here too. They bank the points so we can go every few years. I say we; I don't know when I'll be back. I graduate in two years, and I told them I want to do a big California trip when I graduate, and after that, I really don't know if I can logistically and financially make it back here any time soon. :(

California, eh? That's my neck of the woods! Were you thinking of traveling up the coast?

MOXOMUMD

Automatic feeder. Gotta love it. Belle wakes me up at around 6 am to be let out of my room (and not by walking across me either; I have bells hanging from my door that she's trained to ring to be let out). Then she leaves, and after she eats, either someone lets her back in or she meows at the door and I let her back in. At least I only have to half wake up, let her out, and let her back in.
You need a pet door installed on your bedroom door.

MOXOMUMD

Okay all, ready for some Aulani pics?

Here we go...

Main pool...
View attachment 98708
View attachment 98710
View attachment 98711

The caves cover the water slides.

Body slide:
View attachment 98712

100% in the dark.

I found Stitch

View attachment 98709

He is a character here. I saw him two days ago. Lilo, however, is not.

Underneath Stitch...
View attachment 98713

Details.

Infinity hot tub
View attachment 98714

Two levels as you can tell. Adults only. Wasn't always adults only, but now it is. Which means I can use it and my brother can't. Which is fine. There's three other hot tubs here.

And the view from the hot tub...

View attachment 98716

Lovely.
Absolutely lovely.

Cesar R M

Hmmm, I wonder why? Could it be your continued interest in the "other" threads??? Not that I've been stalking, I mean following you, too! :rolleyes:
not at all, thats the hour I approximately end with everything i have to do.

The sites I manage, finishes their backups and uploads to the remote backup site between 1:00 am to 4:00 am (2 sites, 60Gb transferred, they finish transferring by 3:45am).
I also play a lot at night (games), and draw cartoons(one of my hobbies). At night noone disturbs me.. I mean.. noone calls the phone, knocks my house door..etc..

Cesar R M

L5j99T4.jpg

catmom46

not at all, thats the hour I approximately end with everything i have to do.

The sites I manage, finishes their backups and uploads to the remote backup site between 1:00 am to 4:00 am (2 sites, 60Gb transferred, they finish transferring by 3:45am).
I also play a lot at night (games), and draw cartoons(one of my hobbies). At night noone disturbs me.. I mean.. noone calls the phone, knocks my house door..etc..

What kind of games? Care to share any of your cartoons with us? :cat:

Cesar R M

So, our washing machine broke today. Well, it didn't completely break, it just doesn't work at all on the wash cycles. It's fine on the rinse cycles! :p Maybe we could just rinse the clothes, throw them in the dryer, and call it a day?! o_O Well, hubby can't tear himself away from anything that's broken . . .there's just nothing more exciting to him when he gets to putter around with broken machines . . . :rolleyes:

He took apart the whole switch mechanism and realized the problem was the timer. Took it out, whacked the bottom of it with his wrench, and put it back in. Washer cycles work now :hilarious:, but it's just a temporary fix. He'll go get the new timer part this week. Oh goodie . . . another excuse to go to the parts supply store . . . tools, hardware, etc.; it's all nirvana to him! ;)
like a kid in a toy store? right? XD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom