The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Before I try to get caught up again I had a :eek::jawdrop: :grumpy: moment when I went to bed last night. I turned off the light and could not sleep (back spasms) so I decided to read some stuff on my phone without turning the light back on. No sooner had I laid down and out of the corner of my eye (about two inches from my face!) I see a daddy long legs walking on my pillow!

I swatted it across the room without even thinking of catching it. :facepalm:Then I really couldn't go to sleep. They don't scare me, it was just the curiosity of where it went. (Thought of your spider story @StarWarsGirl95 )

Eeeeeekkkk!! :eek: A spider was on your pillow??!!! I would have screamed my lungs out!!!!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

StarWarsGirl

These pictures are gorgeous! What a great swimming pool with such nice views, too. Have you used the body slide yet? That looks like fun--I love slides in pools!! Also, I really like the hot tubs with the water cascading down into them. What a beautiful place you're at.
Yup, went down both slides today. :)

It is wonderful. I encourage anyone who visits Oahu to spend at least a few days here, if for no other reason than the pool.

It's also great for kids. There's Auntie's Beach House, which is an activity center for kids. One of the restaurants does a character breakfast. And there are several water play areas just for kids. One even has two slides.

Speaking of the characters, a character greeting here is much better than at WDW or DL. There's only Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Stitch, Chip and Dale, and I believe Donald and Daisy, but they have way more time to spend with guests, the greetings are spontaneous, and they are just fun to watch because they can actually roam. For instance, two days ago, Stitch was trying to open a gate that said "closed" while his handler playfully told him no, yesterday, Chip was looking at a map with a guest while Dale played with a baby in a stroller, and today, Goofy was ankle deep in the pool interacting with the guests. Just much more spontaneous and a whole lot more fun.

MOXOMUMD

Personally, I think all kids should drive these until they turn 25:

volvo-pic2.jpg
When I was little we had one of these and that's what my older sisters learned to drive in. (There's over ten years between us.) I just remember how cool it was to ride around in the back and being able to face each other.

dual-facing-rear-seats.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yup, went down both slides today. :)

It is wonderful. I encourage anyone who visits Oahu to spend at least a few days here, if for no other reason than the pool.

It's also great for kids. There's Auntie's Beach House, which is an activity center for kids. One of the restaurants does a character breakfast. And there are several water play areas just for kids. One even has two slides.

Speaking of the characters, a character greeting here is much better than at WDW or DL. There's only Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Stitch, Chip and Dale, and I believe Donald and Daisy, but they have way more time to spend with guests, the greetings are spontaneous, and they are just fun to watch because they can actually roam. For instance, two days ago, Stitch was trying to open a gate that said "closed" while his handler playfully told him no, yesterday, Chip was looking at a map with a guest while Dale played with a baby in a stroller, and today, Goofy was ankle deep in the pool interacting with the guests. Just much more spontaneous and a whole lot more fun.

Great to hear about the characters free ranging among the guests. This was how it used to be back in the late 80s and 90s at WDW. The characters would just "appear" and interact with anyone who happened to be in the same area. It was very informal and so much fun.

Aulani is a DVC right? Do non-DVC people also stay there?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When I was little we had one of these and that's what my older sisters learned to drive in. (There's over ten years between us.) I just remember how cool it was to ride around in the back and being able to face each other.

View attachment 98734

I don't think my parents ever had a station wagon, but they sure did have large cars (I guess you'd call them sedans), that were either Ford or Chevrolet. All I remember was that we were a family of six and there was plenty of seating space for six.

Can't remember now, the last time that I was in a car that didn't have 2 bucket seats in the front. Growing up, that was more for sports cars, and all the family cars just had long seats front and back. :)

StarWarsGirl

Great to hear about the characters free ranging among the guests. This was how it used to be back in the late 80s and 90s at WDW. The characters would just "appear" and interact with anyone who happened to be in the same area. It was very informal and so much fun.

Aulani is a DVC right? Do non-DVC people also stay there?

Yes. There's two towers connected by the lobby. One side is all DVC and the other side is hotel rooms for non DVC members (although non DVC members can reserve the villas for cash; the prices are way higher than using points, though). If you are looking at the hotel from the pool, the right side of the hotel is all DVC units and the left side is regular hotel rooms.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes. There's two towers connected by the lobby. One side is all DVC and the other side is hotel rooms for non DVC members (although non DVC members can reserve the villas for cash; the prices are way higher than using points, though). If you are looking at the hotel from the pool, the right side of the hotel is all DVC units and the left side is regular hotel rooms.

That's good to know. I had just assumed it was strictly a DVC resort. Didn't have a clue it was half and half. Interesting . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom