The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Oh, I have a habit at looking at people's profiles, so I knew that. Yes, I'm very nosy, I admit it! :p

Forgot that you said 30 years, though. (Note: I also am a product of the "ditto paper" generation - in reference to this thread's early posts, although none of you will remember either! :confused:)
I forget lots of things...too many senior moments, and a current concussion. I'm having a lot of trouble typing since that. Slowly doing better!:joyfull:

catmom46

I forget lots of things...too many senior moments, and a current concussion. I'm having a lot of trouble typing since that. Slowly doing better!:joyfull:

I also blame my forgetfulness on "mommy brain" - I swear that child sucked out a bunch of those cells when she was born!! :D

Ouch about the concussion - those are never any fun. I'm glad you're getting better, though! :inlove:

StarWarsGirl

I can imagine. One of our kitties passed away this year :(, although the one good thing is she died in her sleep, unlike the other 3 I had to put down before. That's always one of the most difficult decisions to make and I was glad to not have to this time.
Aww, so sorry. My mom had both boys put down, Mischief, our big tuxedo, when I was 8, and Moxie, our big tabby, when I was 12. She also had a tabby that died at home when I was a baby. He had a seizure and fell and hit his head.

We got Belle, our only cat now and very delicate female tuxedo, a year after losing Moxie. I take her to the vet yearly for shots and all, but the vet always says the same thing: she's in excellent health and we could get her to 20, or beyond. She's spayed and never had kittens, she's a healthy weight, she doesn't go outside (like, refuses to. We open the door, just for fun, and say "Come on out kitty cat" and she looks at us like we're nuts and walks away) gets plenty of exercise from randomly running around the house, and has no other health issues. She's 7, but certainly doesn't look or act like she's that old. She'll likely come with me when I move out, but at least I know I'll have her for at least another decade.

StarWarsGirl

Son #2 just bought a 91 - third gen Pontiac Trans Am, 5.7 litre, 8-cylinder - exactly TWO DAYS after getting his licence. :facepalm:

On the plus side, I've never prayed so much in my life.
You should celebrate. One less person you have to drive around. Or get calls from saying that he needs a ride someplace.

Of course, the 8 cylinder part...oh boy, I miss my first car and its 8 cylinder engine.

StarWarsGirl

Yikes, 4am??? I get upset when our cats wake up me up at 7am!! :in pain:
Automatic feeder. Gotta love it. Belle wakes me up at around 6 am to be let out of my room (and not by walking across me either; I have bells hanging from my door that she's trained to ring to be let out). Then she leaves, and after she eats, either someone lets her back in or she meows at the door and I let her back in. At least I only have to half wake up, let her out, and let her back in.

donaldtoo

I can imagine. One of our kitties passed away this year :(, although the one good thing is she died in her sleep, unlike the other 3 I had to put down before. That's always one of the most difficult decisions to make and I was glad to not have to this time.

Always heartbreaking.
Belle and Ranger are our 8th and 9th pups, respectively, since DWifey and I have been married.
Of those first 7, 3 died at home (one in my arms), and the other four had to be put down for various health reasons.
Four I buried in our back yard, one was cremated and the ashes kept, and the other two (ones we took on from family members who didn't want them anymore) were disposed of by the vet.

betty rose

I also blame my forgetfulness on "mommy brain" - I swear that child sucked out a bunch of those cells when she was born!! :D

Ouch about the concussion - those are never any fun. I'm glad you're getting better, though! :inlove:
Thanks , I'm very tough...as well as Mom and aunts, the oldest lasted until she was 100. But, they all had Alzheimer's....I don't want to go that road, I swear I'm not using a seat belt or will go to Holland. We had an exchange student next door...she spent more time with us...we had a pool table in our dining room, ha! Seriously ,my brother went early , heart disease, I had an small heart attack when we first moved to the high altitude. But, now I'm strong as an ox. Or a native American, as grandma was. ;):D

betty rose

Aww, so sorry. My mom had both boys put down, Mischief, our big tuxedo, when I was 8, and Moxie, our big tabby, when I was 12. She also had a tabby that died at home when I was a baby. He had a seizure and fell and hit his head.

We got Belle, our only cat now and very delicate female tuxedo, a year after losing Moxie. I take her to the vet yearly for shots and all, but the vet always says the same thing: she's in excellent health and we could get her to 20, or beyond. She's spayed and never had kittens, she's a healthy weight, she doesn't go outside (like, refuses to. We open the door, just for fun, and say "Come on out kitty cat" and she looks at us like we're nuts and walks away) gets plenty of exercise from randomly running around the house, and has no other health issues. She's 7, but certainly doesn't look or act like she's that old. She'll likely come with me when I move out, but at least I know I'll have her for at least another decade.
I'm so glad for you, she sounds like a gem. My dogs lived until 14 and 16, still to early for me.

StarWarsGirl

You are the best, took care of my poor posts, at the beginning. I thought I was in a debating forum. I knew so little then. Everyone, has been so helpful, a special thanks to you, for setting me straight on the " other" threads. Notice I learned each is a thread , not a blog as I so ignorantly called it.:confused::(:D

There were those on there who were being such jerks. I felt bad for you. There was no need for their rudeness. You were clearly a new member back then who didn't know any better. Gentle correction with a :) is always best in that situation. Eventually, some will not listen to reason, and ya just gotta walk away. :)

But glad you found us down here! :)

StarWarsGirl

Okay all, ready for some Aulani pics?

Here we go...

Main pool...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The caves cover the water slides.

Body slide:
image.jpg

100% in the dark.

I found Stitch

image.jpg

He is a character here. I saw him two days ago. Lilo, however, is not.

Underneath Stitch...
image.jpg

Details.

Infinity hot tub
image.jpg

Two levels as you can tell. Adults only. Wasn't always adults only, but now it is. Which means I can use it and my brother can't. Which is fine. There's three other hot tubs here.

And the view from the hot tub...

image.jpg

Lovely.

catmom46

What is a "ditto paper" generation? I've never heard of that.

Courtesy of pages 5 and 6 of this thread:

I remember we had mimeograph machines in grade school. The teacher would hand out tests or worksheets printed on mimeograph paper and before you read one word you would sniff the paper lol. ahhhh the good ol' days :)

Yep. We called it ditto paper.
Nothing better than a fresh whiff of slightly damp ditto fluid-soaked paper right after recess.

Some sissy schools prohibited the teachers from handing out fresh ditto paper, because inhaling the chemicals apparently caused brain damage.

Thankfully, I did not attend one of these sissy scho.... Oh, look - a squirrel.

So that explains my diminished brain cells! :eek: I blame it all on my teachers!

I have to say that the above statement goes a long way to explaining a lot of how a number of us are today. What was the question again? :confused::joyfull:

Yes, but I take some comfort in finally finding out the reason for my dementia. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom