The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We've always bought real Kona at the Costco's in Hawaii during our trips - better price than most places, but still pretty expensive! :greedy:

Now, I'm beginning to think I've got a "deal" up here when Kona becomes available on those rare occasions. I figure what I'll save by not buying a round-trip airline ticket to Hawaii will more than compensate for the cheaper Costco price if I actually bought it IN Hawaii !!! :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, our washing machine broke today. Well, it didn't completely break, it just doesn't work at all on the wash cycles. It's fine on the rinse cycles! :p Maybe we could just rinse the clothes, throw them in the dryer, and call it a day?! o_O Well, hubby can't tear himself away from anything that's broken . . .there's just nothing more exciting to him when he gets to putter around with broken machines . . . :rolleyes:

He took apart the whole switch mechanism and realized the problem was the timer. Took it out, whacked the bottom of it with his wrench, and put it back in. Washer cycles work now :hilarious:, but it's just a temporary fix. He'll go get the new timer part this week. Oh goodie . . . another excuse to go to the parts supply store . . . tools, hardware, etc.; it's all nirvana to him! ;)

catmom46

So, our washing machine broke today. Well, it didn't completely break, it just doesn't work at all on the wash cycles. It's fine on the rinse cycles! :p Maybe we could just rinse the clothes, throw them in the dryer, and call it a day?! o_O Well, hubby can't tear himself away from anything that's broken . . .there's just nothing more exciting to him when he gets to putter around with broken machines . . . :rolleyes:

He took apart the whole switch mechanism and realized the problem was the timer. Took it out, whacked the bottom of it with his wrench, and put it back in. Washer cycles work now :hilarious:, but it's just a temporary fix. He'll go get the new timer part this week. Oh goodie . . . another excuse to go to the parts supply store . . . tools, hardware, etc.; it's all nirvana to him! ;)

Sounds like he definitely has "the knack"! :D

MOXOMUMD

Cloudiest June in 122 years. Yep, what we needed after the last 2 winters.

winnie_the_pooh_by_jillybean345-d7in20j.jpg
Rain, rain go away...

betty rose

I can imagine. One of our kitties passed away this year :(, although the one good thing is she died in her sleep, unlike the other 3 I had to put down before. That's always one of the most difficult decisions to make and I was glad to not have to this time.
I'm so sorry for your loss.:( Animals, are the best creations on this earth, so loving, forgiving and kind. I had to make that decision too, but both of our dogs came down with cancer (we lived over a land fill), that didn't have to be disclosed 30 years ago. In fact, I lost two best friends in the neighborhood, with lung and breast cancer. There should be a law against building homes over an old landfill....:mad: rant over....so sorry you went through this...our pets just don't live long enough!

catmom46

I'm so sorry for your loss.:( Animals, are the best creations on this earth, so loving, forgiving and kind. I had to make that decision too, but both of our dogs came down with cancer (we lived over a land fill), that didn't have to be disclosed 30 years ago. In fact, I lost two best friends in the neighborhood, with lung and breast cancer. There should be a law against building homes over an old landfill....:mad: rant over....so sorry you went through this...our pets just don't live long enough!

I thought there are laws against building over landfills, or at the very least there's a remediation period? We live about a couple miles from an oil refinery and I had a friend in college who lived right across the street and said many of his neighbors developed diseases while living there. One thing definitely has to do with the other, but of course "they" say otherwise. :grumpy:

Yes, animals are really amazing with their unconditional love! True, they don't live long enough, but I've had kitties who lived to be about 20, which is pretty darn good. :cat:

betty rose

I thought there are laws against building over landfills, or at the very least there's a remediation period? We live about a couple miles from an oil refinery and I had a friend in college who lived right across the street and said many of his neighbors developed diseases while living there. One thing definitely has to do with the other, but of course "they" say otherwise. :grumpy:

Yes, animals are really amazing with their unconditional love! True, they don't live long enough, but I've had kitties who lived to be about 20, which is pretty darn good. :cat:
There are probably laws now, but we weren't

That 's funny, I have replaced the timer in the dryer and washer. My dad was great at fixing things, he showed me some stuff before he passed. Hubby calls a repairman !:D

betty rose

No laws over 30 years ago. I'm 67 , since you haven't been here long, you may not know that. I was born in the 40's, so many things have changed. Thankfully, some as more disclosure, when buying a used house. :D

catmom46

No laws over 30 years ago. I'm 67 , since you haven't been here long, you may not know that. I was born in the 40's, so many things have changed. Thankfully, some as more disclosure, when buying a used house. :D

Oh, I have a habit at looking at people's profiles, so I knew that. Yes, I'm very nosy, I admit it! :p

Forgot that you said 30 years, though. (Note: I also am a product of the "ditto paper" generation - in reference to this thread's early posts, although none of you will remember either! :confused:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom