Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

While Iger is in charge this isn't ever going to be built.

Sadly, we are going to have to wait for him to leave, and/or when park attendance begins to fall.

I have not seen any numbers recently but the last few times I was at that park in the afternoon / evening (before SWW) it was dead as a door nail. We've started going there in the afternoon to get away from all the people.

doctornick

I'm actually fine with the long development plans for Star Wars (prefer it to be sooner, though) in DHS as long as:

1. It is of high quality when done. This is probably the most important parks project in decades and they need to "spare no expense" to get it right. That means quality (and multiple) rides, immersive theming, engaging "streetmosphere" and small things to discover, etc.
2. DHS has other significant additions in the meantime. The park cannot go until 2020/21 without a lot more being added in the meantime -- so if that's Pixar stuff, we need it and a lot of it added in the 2016-19 timeframe.

So my main question and concern right now is what's going on with the other additions at DHS if Star Wars is on the backburner?

Bocabear

LOL, I trust ya. Sort of. ;)

Seriously, though - I admit I just check in, see basic chit chat, and don't always totally catch up on this thread - but am I wrong that we know absolutely nothing about the content still?

Like, were the revised plans for two rides and a restaurant, or an expansion of the Jedi stage and a spinner ride? We don't even know that stuff, do we?
The only thing that has been said officially is to look towards an increased presence of Star Wars in Disney's theme parks... an "Increased Presence"... that could mean as little as a new gift shop or meet and greet...There has been no real discussion about a new ride, walk through attraction or a Spinner... and who wants a spinner anyway. We can't get an Indiana Jones ride because they are using that ride system in the Animal Kingdom and cant use the same ride system twice, but yet the Magic Kingdom has three spinners and the Animal Kingdom has one... Enough spinners....can we aim a little higher in our hopes for something new?

Fox&Hound

I'm just curious how they strike a balance between the movie/entertainment theme and Star Wars so it's not an entire park focused on Star Wars. How do you transition between areas? Divided by studios?

I think with the homerun of immersive theming shown by Potter, Disney knows what the fans expect. Let's hope they deliver.

Mike S

The only thing that has been said officially is to look towards an increased presence of Star Wars in Disney's theme parks... an "Increased Presence"... that could mean as little as a new gift shop or meet and greet...There has been no real discussion about a new ride, walk through attraction or a Spinner... and who wants a spinner anyway. We can't get an Indiana Jones ride because they are using that ride system in the Animal Kingdom and cant use the same ride system twice, but yet the Magic Kingdom has three spinners and the Animal Kingdom has one... Enough spinners....can we aim a little higher in our hopes for something new?
It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Living with the Land. All boat rides. The Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Journey into Imagination, The Seas with Nemo, and Little Mermaid. All Omnimovers. The ride system used is irrelevant, it's all in the execution. Not to mention all the roller coasters.

odmichael

I'm just curious how they strike a balance between the movie/entertainment theme and Star Wars so it's not an entire park focused on Star Wars. How do you transition between areas? Divided by studios?

I think with the homerun of immersive theming shown by Potter, Disney knows what the fans expect. Let's hope they deliver.
I'm hoping the park gets divided up in a way similar to how Islands of Adventure is. Significant changes must be made to Hollywood Studios in the next 10 years.

Bocabear

It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Living with the Land. All boat rides. The Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Journey into Imagination, The Seas with Nemo, and Little Mermaid. All Omnimovers. The ride system used is irrelevant, it's all in the execution. Not to mention all the roller coasters.
Exactly...for years that was the excuse why they would not do an Indy ride at the Studios... Always thought that was ridiculous.

DisDan

It seems to me that the main reason they have not announced anything yet is because they are tying in so many elements from the new Star Wars movies and there are probably some spoiler-ish things going into the land and the stories behind the attractions. They must be waiting for (at least) the first movie to be released before announcing any details to the public. Although I would agree that, they could at least share some details about the scope/size/schedule of the project (if they have even finalized that). Perhaps these are the sorts of details we will get first and then as the story lines from the films unfold more details about the specific attractions will be made available.

This is just my opinion, but it is what makes the most sense to me right now.

odmichael

It seems to me that the main reason they have not announced anything yet is because they are tying in so many elements from the new Star Wars movies and there are probably some spoiler-ish things going into the land and the stories behind the attractions. They must be waiting for (at least) the first movie to be released before announcing any details to the public. Although I would agree that, they could at least share some details about the scope/size/schedule of the project (if they have even finalized that). Perhaps these are the sorts of details we will get first and then as the story lines from the films unfold more details about the specific attractions will be made available.

This is just my opinion, but it is what makes the most sense to me right now.
All they gotta do is tell me is what Star Wars stuff I'm getting and I'll be fine for the next 2 years when we'll finally get a whole piece of concept art on that attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom