Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

doctornick

I don't know much about Disneyland, but isn't there a space concern (no pun intended) at that park? Wouldn't they have to demolish something before they added something else?

The current rumor is that Star Wars stuff is going to replace Toontown (possible with some current backstage area being added). if that comes to pass, I wonder if Star Tours will move or be left in TL.

HauntedMansionFLA

As a Star Wars fan, I hope Disney does the area justice when finally built. The millions of views of the trailers has to get the higher ups their attention. I've said it before, this land can answer the Potter land at Universal with its forty year history and huge fan base. It doesn't have to take over DHS but needs to be built right the first time. A nice variety of E,D,C rides, interactive areas, meet and greet areas, retail (of course) and just cool SW stuff. Put the money into it and the people will come.

bhg469

As a Star Wars fan, I hope Disney does the area justice when finally built. The millions of views of the trailers has to get the higher ups their attention. I've said it before, this land can answer the Potter land at Universal with its forty year history and huge fan base. It doesn't have to take over DHS but needs to be built right the first time. A nice variety of E,D,C rides, interactive areas, meet and greet areas, retail (of course) and just cool SW stuff. Put the money into it and the people will come.
They can do anything with it. The light Saber can be the answer to interactive wands. the Food can be super creative but if star wars weekends is any indication, that has a long way to go. The attractions make themselves. They can go in so many directions with it, it's potential is almost impossible to measure.

Do they have to though? I've said this many times. Disney dosent have to try and spending 100 million in investments will yield the same short term guests that 10 billion will. That's all they seem to care about so why spend more? It may displease wall street.

PhotoDave219

I know that. You know that. Thats the prevailing opinion of the fanbase.

But try explaining that to people who understand dollars and cents, people who lack an artistic vision and wouldn't know cool if it came up and bit them on the tukus.

There are few times in the history of a company when going all-in with an investment is worthwhile. This is one of them.

PhotoDave219

They can do anything with it. The light Saber can be the answer to interactive wands. the Food can be super creative but if star wars weekends is any indication, that has a long way to go. The attractions make themselves. They can go in so many directions with it, it's potential is almost impossible to measure.

Do they have to though? I've said this many times. Disney dosent have to try and spending 100 million in investments will yield the same short term guests that 10 billion will. That's all they seem to care about so why spend more? It may displease wall street.

Well, the only bright side is that when they took their first try to the Board of Directors, they were told no. No because of how much it cost - rather the opposite. They were told to try again because they weren't ambitious enough.

That anecdote gives me hope for all my fanboy dreams to come true.....

AEfx

There's nothing to be confused about. Star Wars is coming.

Maybe.

Someday.

I know. Every time I see this thread float I know I'm just going to walk out disappointed, but I can't stop myself from checking in case we actually have some Breaking News(tm).

At this point, I just hope someone creates a new thread when we actually break ground. I mean, we don't even have a basic idea of what is happening, let alone any details whatsoever. Even though the new film is on lockdown when it comes to information (well, as much as can be in the Internet age), at this point, if anything was imminent we would have something by now. I mean, I don't even think old Hill-y boy has reached out of his cage to throw some poo on the wall on this one yet.

So either this is the best kept secret in the history of Disney Parks, or nothing is really happening and the absurd "they are waiting to see how folks react to the new film..." stuff really really is true (and we've heard it from several sources at this point, it's hard to deny the reality)...then we won't see anything Star Wars in the parks other than souped-up Star Wars weekend crap until at least after the first of the decade.

There are words that I could use to better define my extreme level of disappointment in this fact, but I really don't want to give the profanity filter any more reason to hate me.

PhotoDave219

I know. Every time I see this thread float I know I'm just going to walk out disappointed, but I can't stop myself from checking in case we actually have some Breaking News(tm).

At this point, I just hope someone creates a new thread when we actually break ground. I mean, we don't even have a basic idea of what is happening, let alone any details whatsoever. Even though the new film is on lockdown when it comes to information (well, as much as can be in the Internet age), at this point, if anything was imminent we would have something by now. I mean, I don't even think old Hill-y boy has reached out of his cage to throw some poo on the wall on this one yet.

So either this is the best kept secret in the history of Disney Parks, or nothing is really happening and the absurd "they are waiting to see how folks react to the new film..." stuff really really is true (and we've heard it from several sources at this point, it's hard to deny the reality)...then we won't see anything Star Wars in the parks other than souped-up Star Wars weekend crap until at least after the first of the decade.

There are words that I could use to better define my extreme level of disappointment in this fact, but I really don't want to give the profanity filter any more reason to hate me.

I've given all the information I know. Heard Lord Vader went to the Imperial Senate to ask for funding of the revised plans and thats the last I've heard.

Hell, I'm going on internet vacation around halloween to avoid spoilers. I'll be back once the movie comes out.

AEfx

I've given all the information I know. Heard Lord Vader went to the Imperial Senate to ask for funding of the revised plans and thats the last I've heard.

LOL, I trust ya. Sort of. ;)

Seriously, though - I admit I just check in, see basic chit chat, and don't always totally catch up on this thread - but am I wrong that we know absolutely nothing about the content still?

Like, were the revised plans for two rides and a restaurant, or an expansion of the Jedi stage and a spinner ride? We don't even know that stuff, do we?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
LOL, I trust ya. Sort of. ;)

Seriously, though - I admit I just check in, see basic chit chat, and don't always totally catch up on this thread - but am I wrong that we know absolutely nothing about the content still?

Like, were the revised plans for two rides and a restaurant, or an expansion of the Jedi stage and a spinner ride? We don't even know that stuff, do we?

I have it on good authority that we will know something in due time. When that arrives we will know what the original plan was and that they are revising the plan for the plan.

*1023*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom