The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

We spoiled our dogs, my last doggie.. ruptured a disc, just like mommy (me), ha... anyway she always slept around my legs (actually, I didn't straighten my legs out for years! :D As she was old I made hubby build a ramp so she could get into bed. Sounds awful, but she only had a few month's to live...due to lung cancer. We don't smoke, but we lived on an old land fill in Kansas. Check out what is under your land. Could be aliens, ha or something no one should have built houses over. And I kept wondering why all my neighbor's were dropping from cancer.:eek:
I dont think its aliens..
I read that some areas(the land where people built houses and farms)were so radioactive.... that entire families started to get cancer or get symptoms of radiation poisoning..

Progress.City

Sympathy like! I hate leaving my dog when we go on vacation! We go to Disney and she goes to doggy camp. Sometimes I think they spoil her more than I do.
This is going to be a very long time... At least six months! The longest my cat and I have been separated was a week! She's going to be heart broken!

If she falls asleep in another room and wakes up and sees that I'm not there, she cries. Now, imagine if I'm not there, period.

Goofyernmost

So sorry, my dad served between Korea and Vietnam, FIL Got lucky and never shipped over there mostly Europe, dh Gulf War 1.
I just reread my post and I feel compelled to say that, and I think that it will not really be understood, that although it was a horrible experience, it helped me through life in so many way.

55,000 young men and women, my age, never got to see and experience the things that I have since been fortunate enough to be able too. They never made it past their 21st birthday or even to it. I am a constant thorn in the side of the fine folks that post on "other" threads because I always seem to be at odds with their interpretation of important. My experience has made me more able to appreciate the things that I see and have a much wider vision of just exactly how bad some things can get.

In other words, I feel that it leveled me and allowed me to more easily see what things in life are important enough to get all upset about and what things are just parts of life that are meaningless in the long run. It gave me a different perspective. It hardened me concerning many things that seem to be a source of upset to a lot of people that never had that type of experience. I don't think that it completely killed me inside, but, it did indeed help define the difference between things I cannot control and those that I can.

I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. It was, in many ways, a life giving experience for me. I, of course, hated every minute of it while it was happening, but, I feel that since that, I am more quickly able to define what really matters. I get called a pixie duster, apologist, because my mind immediately sees alternative reasons and definitely feel that I am a happier and wiser person because of that ability. I said wiser, not more intelligent, just more quickly able to connect to the positive then the negative. I have witnessed more negative than most anyone should ever have too.

As we approach Memorial Day, my thoughts are always focused on those names on the Black Wall in D.C. An accumulation of many highly intelligent and productive, brave and, in many ways, naive human beings that were never able to get to show the world what they could have done. Who knows, maybe one of those might have found a cure for Cancer by now, or solved the pollution problems or written the greatest novel ever written. We will never know. I don't want anyone to say... "thank you for your service" to me. Say it to that black wall. They were not ever able to go to WDW or to be concerned about a logo or a change in "the Hub". I'm sure they would have liked it no matter what configuration it is in. I have been able to do that and I refuse to allow miniscule little things affect me to the point of concern. I do tend to fight back simply because I see the foolishness of it all and sometimes just get tired of hearing the whining. We as Disney fans are able to participate in something that probably 80% of the world will never see. We get upset if there are a couple of dead spots in our cell phone reception. It all gets very confusing.

OK, soap box time is over. Let's continue on our path of silliness, bliss and harmonious righteousness.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
This is going to be a very long time... At least six months! The longest my cat and I have been separated was a week! She's going to be heart broken!

If she falls asleep in another room and wakes up and sees that I'm not there, she cries. Now, imagine if I'm not there, period.
I'm so sorry! Last trip when I went to pick up my dog she was upset one of the other dogs couldn't go with her! She sees her every so often at the park and they act like puppies when they see each other.

Progress.City

I'm so sorry! Last trip when I went to pick up my dog she was upset one of the other dogs couldn't go with her! She sees her every so often at the park and they act like puppies when they see each other.
I'm going to have to leave her with my mom and grandmother in a condo with two other cats and a chewahwah. I guess what I could do is start conditioning her by bringing her there two week before I leave and spend as much time there as possible. I don't know how she and the chewahwah will get along. Both have Type A personalities.

betty rose

It was shortly after Rock'n opened and we were at the bus stop at the FQ talking with a family about rides, the Dad being a neurosurgeon. My DH was telling him how bad his head reacted to Rock'n last year and to Rock'n and the Doc told him not to ride again. The G forces taking their toll on some more than others.

You are wise to forego those rides.
Yes.. I agree. You can't be too careful.

betty rose

I dont think its aliens..
I read that some areas(the land where people built houses and farms)were so radioactive.... that entire families started to get cancer or get symptoms of radiation poisoning..
I agree, aliens were a joke, I lost several good neighbor's and friends from cancer, and freddy my dog and wiggles last. My best friend got lung cancer, she died , I took care of her daughter's, until hubby moved. I still think about her, she returned to be with family, before she died. I still miss her. We had so many good times. I keep on because life is a learning experience. I guess I have a lot to learn. :)

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

ed7b7f4c2029ad2be50520c2b5177792.jpeg
That bottom picture looks like an alien. :cyclops:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Are they allowed to have phones at school? When I was in middle school we weren't allowed to have them. I remember one time in class a girl's phone started ringing. Our teacher took her phone, answered it and had a conversation. It was really funny and the girl was completely embarrassed. After that she didn't bring her phone to school.

The kids can bring their phones to school. It is up to the teacher on if the kids can use them in class. My rule is that they can't use them unless they ask. They mostly use it as a calculator, or timer. They know to not use it without permission or I will take it away for the whole day, if I have to take it away a second time they have to serve as detention time to get it back, a third time the parent has to come in and pick it up for them. The kids can use their phones for whatever during lunch and the free time during homeroom if they are passing their classes.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well since we're all family I'll tell you. (Only my ex and mom know.) Right before I was pregnant I suffered optic neuritis and went blind in my right eye. The doc was unsure if my sight would come back but it did after three months. One of the main causes is MS, which runs in my family. So after a CT and MRI, they found I had two brain lesions. Not enough for a definite MS diagnosis though I still made trips to the MS clinic and learned a lot. One, take excellent care of my eyes and two, no rides where the G's or ride motion will rattle my brain. It took a long time for the lesions to heal and I'm not pressing my luck for them to come back. So there's a handful of rides I can't do at WDW but I'm okay with that.

I would stay off the rides too if I were in your shoes. Best of luck, I hope they don't come back.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We spoiled our dogs, my last doggie.. ruptured a disc, just like mommy (me), ha... anyway she always slept around my legs (actually, I didn't straighten my legs out for years! :D As she was old I made hubby build a ramp so she could get into bed. Sounds awful, but she only had a few month's to live...due to lung cancer. We don't smoke, but we lived on an old land fill in Kansas. Check out what is under your land. Could be aliens, ha or something no one should have built houses over. And I kept wondering why all my neighbor's were dropping from cancer.:eek:

My dog likes to sleep on, around, and between my legs at night or even when I'm relaxing on the recliner. I don't stretch my legs much with her around either, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Diamond Horseshoe is open this week so we thought we would eat here since it is usually closed when we are here. Just finishing up lunch now. Both DW and I got the pork sandwich. It was pretty tasty.

Oh, by the way, today is my birthday. ;)

View attachment 93784 View attachment 93785
View attachment 93786

Happy Birthday! You are spending it in a great place!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom