The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Eric1955

My parents only ever thought that Letterman was okay. My dad is a huge Leno fan. It was disappointing because he came to Baltimore when we were in WDW in January, otherwise my mom and I would have gotten him tickets to see Leno.

I don't think it was really Leno that stabbed Conan in the back so much as it was NBC that stabbed every one of them in the back. That network is not too bright.

As a sidenote, while Conan seems like a perfectly nice guy, I cannot stand his humor. We'll be watching Big Bang Theory, and as soon as Conan comes on, we flip it off as quickly as possible.

I've never really watched Kimmel. If I'm going to watch late night TV now, I watch some of Fallon and then flip to Golden Girls reruns.

I agree NBC should get most of the blame but I still think Leno did the wrong thing (he has a history of that). He should have stepped down gracefully as he originally said he would do, and if he decided he really didn't want to retire I'm sure another network would have given him a show. Conan's tonight show was never given a chance to succeed. Conan had a horrible lead in with Jay's prime time show tanking. When Leno first took over the Tonight Show Letterman was trouncing Leno in the ratings but NBC actually gave Leno a chance to grow his ratings.

As far as Conan himself goes I think he can be hilarious. I just can't take the blasphemous segments he does from time to time.

Eric1955

He used to have this segment on his show called "Headlines". Basically, people would send him in these botched newspaper printings, coupons, ads, etc., and he would read them on the show. That segment used to have me in stitches. Even if I had missed the show, I would get on nbc.com and watch the clip.

I did find Headlines hilarious. I guess I liked that segment because it was actual funny newspaper clippings and didn't involve Jay telling jokes.

Oh, and the Fruitcake Lady! Love, love, loved the Fruitcake Lady!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm somewhat depressed. I took my cat to the vet to get her rabies shots to prepare her for the trip to Israel. The vet called me yesterday to tell me that Israeli law requires that the results of the rabies shots be certified from a U.S. Certified lab. To get a U.S. certified lab to test it, there is a wait of at least three months! This means Pebbles can't go, since I am scheduled to leave June 30 and I already have my airplane tickets! :(
Sympathy like! I hate leaving my dog when we go on vacation! We go to Disney and she goes to doggy camp. Sometimes I think they spoil her more than I do.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I suppose it varies from school to school.
In my case.. They(the phones) had to be set in vibration mode.
And they(the students) could not answer them unless they asked permission or was during the recesses.
Ours are allowed to have them on the bus and at lunch ONLY or they will be taken until a parent picks it up. The permission slip for the field trip stated no electronics of any type on the trip, only a book may be taken! I really like the school here! My district is pretty strict no uniforms but do not break the dress code (ripped jeans, bare middles, too short shorts or skirts, naughty sayings on clothing) when you are caught they give you a clean yet old and baggy sweat suit to wear for the rest of the day unless a parent brings in proper clothing. Most of the girls would rather die. My friend's dd called crying about how ugly the sweat suit was. Never went to school dressed badly again.

betty rose

So sorry to hear, but, so glad your vision in that eye came back and the lesions remitted.
If it were me, I wouldn't press it either.
I'm sorry for your difficulties, I'm glad vision has been restored. Take good care of yourself. :)
I watched him from the beginning in '82, but, haven't watched him regularly in 2 decades or so, and, not at all in probably the last 15 years.
May watch tonight, though...
I've loved Letterman since the beginning. He started in Indianapolis, as a weather man. He was so funny, dad liked him too. We would stay up just to catch his forecast. It was always crazy. I admit I haven't watched as much recently. And I missed his show last night. Somehow, I thought he was going to stay on air until Dec. Maybe I can catch it in a special.

betty rose

So sorry to hear, but, so glad your vision in that eye came back and the lesions remitted.
If it were me, I wouldn't press it either.
I'm sorry for your difficulties, I'm glad vision has been restored. Take good care of yourself. :)
I watched him from the beginning in '82, but, haven't watched him regularly in 2 decades or so, and, not at all in probably the last 15 years.
May watch tonight, though...
CFfiIMgUkAA3TGt.jpg

mousesteps
Bread bowl. Yum. :hungry:

Last edited:

betty rose

So how come you didn't nab all three?
Speaking of the postal service. We live on a route that routinely , uses subs. Our community mailbox, just fell over into the street. It stayed in the street in a puddle of water and snow for three days. Post service (I use that term loosely), comes picks up the box. No replacement for another three days. I was expecting a letter from sis. Never did show up. I'm glad the gov. is using our tax dollars wisely.:D

betty rose

Ours are allowed to have them on the bus and at lunch ONLY or they will be taken until a parent picks it up. The permission slip for the field trip stated no electronics of any type on the trip, only a book may be taken! I really like the school here! My district is pretty strict no uniforms but do not break the dress code (ripped jeans, bare middles, too short shorts or skirts, naughty sayings on clothing) when you are caught they give you a clean yet old and baggy sweat suit to wear for the rest of the day unless a parent brings in proper clothing. Most of the girls would rather die. My friend's dd called crying about how ugly the sweat suit was. Never went to school dressed badly again.
That's such a good idea. I've seen kids going to school, with all kinds of clothes. Some I would call questionable. No one seems to say much out here.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Speaking of the postal service. We live on a route that routinely , uses subs. Our community mailbox, just fell over into the street. It stayed in the street in a puddle of water and snow for three days. Post service (I use that term loosely), comes picks up the box. No replacement for another three days. I was expecting a letter from sis. Never did show up. I'm glad the gov. is using our tax dollars wisely.:D
Sympathy like! But the postal service is self funded. In their case you get what you pay for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom