Hatbox Ghost is Disney World?

Progress.City

Peoplemover
Oh, but it's not a ride persay. It was the prototype of a technology that Disney that was supposed to be the answer to transportation problems. Now that Disney has sold it off and has transportation problems of its own, it is a pathetic reminder of bygone era ironically in Tommorowland!

Californian Elitist

What did I say that wasn't true?

Fact: Every single ride is better at DL (with the lone exception of Splash Mountain) and the castle (but that's not a ride) than its WDW counterparts.

First of all, that's your OPINION.

Secondly, in regards to the castle, it fits the scale of the rest of the park. Any bigger and it would interfere with the rest of the park's scale, as well as look out of place by the Matterhorn.

Flippin'Flounder

First of all, that's your OPINION.

Secondly, in regards to the castle, it fits the scale of the rest of the park. Any bigger and it would interfere with the rest of the park's scale, as well as look out of place by the Matterhorn.
He meant that the castle was better at DLR

Progress.City

That's definitely far from a fact.
Okay let's compare oranges and oranges (because they're both in Orange County... Get it... Okay, not funny... Lol)

Space Mountain - Superior version goes out to DL for its onboard audio system, it's ultra smooth tracks, better themed queue area, and engulfing special effects. The recent WDW update made it just a tad better than before but made the queue worse.

Splash Mountain - Superior version definitely goes out to the MK. The MK version was beginning to fall apart, but now it's like new again. The DL version is in worse shape today than how the MK version has ever been, with faded paint, etc.

Big Thunder Mountain - Of my three visits to DL, I skipped this twice because I assumed I wasn't missing anything, but on my third visit, the ride was fresh out of its most recent update with its new ending. I enjoyed it so much that I ran back to ride it again. It is by far superior to the MK version. While I also rode the MK version (also fresh from a recent update), I can say both versions have fresh pain and are brilliantly lit and colorful and both look as good as new, but DL went further. The tracks are now smooth (like Space Mountain). There are additional effects, and the new pyrotechno explosion at the end is simply amazing.

It's a Small World - The MK version always seems to be falling apart. The MK version gets on my nerves and I find it annoying. The DL version, however, I actually enjoy. I have never seen one prop on the DL version in poor shape. It's a lot longer. After a day of walking and waiting on long lines, a nice long ride like DL's Small World is like a desert oasis. Additionally, it's stand-alone show building just looks amazing and so does its queue!

Peter Pan - I haven't been on the MK version since they installed the interactive queue, but the pictures look amazing and I can say at least the MK has the better queue between the two versions. But, the ride itself, is much better at DL, with better effects, while the one at DL hasn't really changed since 1971. This ride will get even more improvements at DL soon!

Haunted Mansion - The DL and MK versions are similar, with added elements in the MK version and a longer walk through area at DL. I guess, this is truly a matter of taste and opinion. But, with the installation of the Hat Box Ghost, there's yet one more thing DL has that the MK doesn't!

Buzz Light Year - Longer, better at DL.

Pirates of the Carribean - Longer, way superior version at DL. The recent updates at the MK are big improvements, I must admit. I hope this continues with the new work going on.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Okay let's compare oranges and oranges (because they're both in Orange County... Get it... Okay, not funny... Lol)

Space Mountain - Superior version goes out to DL for its onboard audio system, it's ultra smooth tracks, better themed queue area, and engulfing special effects. The recent WDW update made it just a tad better than before but made the queue worse.

Splash Mountain - Superior version definitely goes out to the MK. The MK version was beginning to fall apart, but now it's like new again. The DL version is in worse shape today than how the MK version has ever been, with faded paint, etc.

Big Thunder Mountain - Of my three visits to DL, I skipped this twice because I assumed I wasn't missing anything, but on my third visit, the ride was fresh out of its most recent update with its new ending. I enjoyed it so much that I ran back to ride it again. It is by far superior to the MK version. While I also rode the MK version (also fresh from a recent update), I can say both versions have fresh pain and are brilliantly lit and colorful and both look as good as new, but DL went further. The tracks are now smooth (like Space Mountain). There are additional effects, and the new pyrotechno explosion at the end is simply amazing.

It's a Small World - The MK version always seems to be falling apart. The MK version gets on my nerves and I find it annoying. The DL version, however, I actually enjoy. I have never seen one prop on the DL version in poor shape. It's a lot longer. After a day of walking and waiting on long lines, a nice long ride like DL's Small World is like a desert oasis. Additionally, it's stand-alone show building just looks amazing and so does its queue!

Peter Pan - I haven't been on the MK version since they installed the interactive queue, but the pictures look amazing and I can say at least the MK has the better queue between the two versions. But, the ride itself, is much better at DL, with better effects, while the one at DL hasn't really changed since 1971. This ride will get even more improvements at DL soon!

Haunted Mansion - The DL and MK versions are similar, with added elements in the MK version and a longer walk through area at DL. I guess, this is truly a matter of taste and opinion. But, with the installation of the Hat Box Ghost, there's yet one more thing DL has that the MK doesn't!

Buzz Light Year - Longer, better at DL.

Pirates of the Carribean - Longer, way superior version at DL. The recent updates at the MK are big improvements, I must admit. I hope this continues with the new work going on.

Still your opinion.

Progress.City

Still your opinion.
It's not my opinion that (for example) the DL versions of Space and Thunder have smooth tracks. It's not my opinion that Space has onboard audio and more engulfing effects and a more elaborate themed queue. It's not my opinion that Pirates and Small World are much longer and that the sets are more intrinsic. I can go on. I'm sure I mixed these facts with my opinion in order to ascent the point, but, in general, these are undeniable facts.

Sage of Time

Back to the Hatbox Ghost? Given how subtle he was done for DL, I wouldn't mind seeing him pop up in WDW, but I would still prefer him to remain in his original home. If he does come to WDW, I hope his placement is different. I rather like that overview of the graveyard. Keep him in the attic!

180º

It's not my opinion that (for example) the DL versions of Space and Thunder have smooth tracks. It's not my opinion that Space has onboard audio and more engulfing effects and a more elaborate themed queue. It's not my opinion that Pirates and Small World are much longer and that the sets are more intrinsic. I can go on. I'm sure I mixed these facts with my opinion in order to ascent the point, but, in general, these are undeniable facts.
You seem to point out the factual variations between attractions, but not separate those facts from your personal judgment. I know what kind of queue the Disneyland Space Mountain has, but I would certainly disagree on calling it more elaborate. For example:

Fact: DL's queue is multi-leveled, zigzagging, and circles a major set piece above the load platform. WDW has a longer, two-laned queue that takes place entirely indoors and does not contain a major set piece.

My judgment: WDW has the more elaborate queue.
Your judgment, as I gather: DL has the more elaborate queue.

Add or subtract criteria if you want. Neither of us are irrefutable! But both of us have based our judgments on facts, just prioritizing them differently.

Another one:

Fact: DL's Splash Mountain has a longer ride path, but shorter ride time than WDW's. DL has single-file seating. WDW has side-by-side seating. DL has a traditional orchestra score, WDW has a more country score.

My judgment: DL has the better Splash Mountain.
Your judgment, as I gather: WDW has the better Splash Mountain.

Once again, we can debate why a longer ride path beats a longer ride time, or which musical style is a better fit for the attraction, but we cannot simply say without explanation that simply because of a certain fact, one's judgment usurps the other.

This is quite the thread, I'm telling ya! ;)

EDIT: I'd also like to clarify that I do agree with you when it comes to Space Mountain. However, we cannot assume someone is ignorant if they feel that WDW's rickety, differently-laid-out track has more character, that no onboard score is more traditional and therefore better, or that the larger dome makes for a more impressive ride. They are interpreting the facts correctly and just forming a different opinion. The person would be ignorant if they did not accept the facts, for example, that Disneyland has a much new, recently-replaced ride system, etc. If they do accept that fact but choose not to regard it as highly as I do, there's nothing I can do.

So once again, different judgment ≠ ignorance, as long as that person acknowledges the facts.

Last edited:

Progress.City

You seem to point out the factual variations between attractions, but not separate those facts from your personal judgment. I know what kind of queue the Disneyland Space Mountain has, but I would certainly disagree on calling it more elaborate. For example:

Fact: DL's queue is multi-leveled, zigzagging, and circles a major set piece above the load platform. WDW has a longer, two-laned queue that takes place entirely indoors and does not contain a major set piece.

My judgment: WDW has the more elaborate queue.
Your judgment, as I gather: DL has the more elaborate queue.

Add or subtract criteria if you want. Neither of us are irrefutable! But both of us have based our judgments on facts, just prioritizing them differently.

Another one:

Fact: DL's Splash Mountain has a longer ride path, but shorter ride time than WDW's. DL has single-file seating. WDW has side-by-side seating. DL has a traditional orchestra score, WDW has a more country score.

My judgment: DL has the better Splash Mountain.
Your judgment, as I gather: WDW has the better Splash Mountain.

Once again, we can debate why a longer ride path beats a longer ride time, or which musical style is a better fit for the attraction, but we cannot simply say without explanation that simply because of a certain fact, one's judgment usurps the other.

This is quite the thread, I'm telling ya! ;)
Oh my gosh. As you said, the WDW Space Mountain queue does not have a single set peice. I was talking about theme when I said elaborate. You need sets and effects to have theme. It was better themed before the last update because you were exposed to the planetarium, with shooting stars and flying chocolate chip cookies asteroids. The current enclosure was meant to be themed, but they ran over budget (thank you, Meg) and didn't have enough money left to finish it (as originally planned), so they just finished enclosing it, slapped on some paint, and installed lights with the money they had left. Tacky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom