Star Wars Theme Park Attractions to be Based on New Films

dstrawn9889

so imagineering was concerned with the ride mechanisms, right? (this one will be a boat ride, this one will be an omnimover, this one a 3d pod) once they have a ride system and track layout picked out, then they mold the scenes to the track... like how the CTX track was reused and just reskinned from dinosaur to IJ?

Captain Neo

He didn't say its based only on the new films but that it will incorporate a mix of the classic films, The Force Awakens, and the stuff they have coming up. It also suggests we will get the announcement next year (2015 probably at D23). At least some of the Star Wars content will come online long before 2020 so don't worry.

Next Big Thing

LOL you're one to talk. I know how many times you claimed Disneyland would be getting AVATAR Land in the future. Pot, meet kettle.

Back on topic, as long as Star Wars Land stays out of Disneyland and California Adventure, I'm content. I hope Florida gets a nice addition.
Well, since Toontown is rumored to be leaving for Star Wars Land, I doubt you'll be content for long.

FutureCEO

Disney should make a ride from the classic Star Wars. Which some much say Star Tours, which is good ride but I'm not that crazy about it. I never see 3d when I'm the ride and hardly any motion.

I don't think Star Wars 90s was that terrible, aside from the graphics that technically should have been worst than the 80s movies and dialogue.

Astro Blaster

From what was rumored before, I hope the Mos Eisley Cantina and full-scale Millennium Falcon made it through the cuts. The Falcon is in the new movie anyway and would be amazing to see up close. You also couldn't have a better place to eat in a Star Wars themed area than the Cantina.

The speeder bike coaster and the rumored spinner can get thrown in the garb. I'm excited to see what they can do with the sequel trilogy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom