The Spirited Back Nine ...

Ignohippo

I don't know, Steve. I guess it just seems kind of unnecessary to create and publicize an "award" of sorts for parking a car in a garage. kind of a first-world issue I guess.

In any event, I'm glad they've addressed and done something about the parking situation there. It was really getting ridiculous.

The "award" was obviously just a silly and unique way to celebrate the opening of the garage and play it up on social media without much of a budget to get the word out.

For the life of me, I'll never understand why some on here want to make it an issue, other than that they want to find SOMETHING offensive in everything Disney does on social media.

It's ridiculous.

Ignohippo

I didn't see anyone celebrating, other than th first car in which was given a magical moment by DTD cast. Am I missing something else?

No, you're not. Some people just have to complain about everything Disney does with social media.

It got the attention it deserved (and I would say didn't actually get enough considering how important it is to the convenience of shopping at DTD).

Nemo14

Huh? I never once said that this site didn't cover it.

The thing that I am addressing is PhotoDave and 71Jason being up in arms because the garage opening was supposedly covered ad naseum on Disney blogs and social media and I only saw it getting the coverage that it deserved (and small mentions here and there).

For the life of me, I'll never understand why some on here want to make it an issue, other than that they want to find SOMETHING offensive in everything Disney does on social media.

It's ridiculous.

I wasn't going to chime in again, but I'll try one more time. My understanding is that Dave and Jason are not blaming Disney for their coverage of this. Yes, it's a great and necessary addition to the DTD (or Disney Springs) area, and for that, yes, it should be proudly announced. It's the fans who really think that being the "first to park" is some great accomplishment and worthy of special recognition and apparently major bragging rights on other forums that really make you wonder.

Last edited:

twebber55

I wasn't going to chime in again, but I'll try one more time. My understanding is that Dave and Jason are not blaming Disney for their coverage of this. Yes, it's a great and necessary addition to the DTD (or Disney Springs) area, and for that, yes, it should be proudly announced. It's the fans who really think that being the "first to park" is some great accomplishment and worthy of special recognition and apparently major bragging rights on other forums that rally make you wonder.
not arguing just wondering who was bragging

Ignohippo

It is amazing how much importance has been put on the coverage of the garage opening. Almost as much over-reaction then those that think that anything or any coverage of it was shameful. What I'd like to know is what harm did it do. If you didn't participate, then it really isn't any of your business nor does it impact your life in any way. To say that it is being treated like the opening of an E ticket is absurd. It was minor coverage of a minor human interest story. Nothing more. The gross overreaction to it was worse then what actually happened. Must be make a mountain out of a molehill season.

All it is is people like PhotoDave and 71Jason acting like lemmings and trying to hop on the WDW1974 bandwagon of hating everything Disney Social Media and the blogs that cover it.

As much as I respect WDW1974 (and PhotoDave), it wreaks of jealousy and pettiness. Every time he gets on his soapbox about the bloggers or "lifestylers" I immediately tune him out.

I'm sure there are more than a few that have their hands out and salivate at anything the mouse does. So what? Personally, I'd love to spend and hour or two a day writing a blog exclaiming how wonderful everything is with a shot of pixie dust, if that would mean I'd get freebies thrown my way from the mouse. Free annual passes? Invitations to media-only Disney events? Sign me the hell up!!!

Matt7187

I'm a little taken aback that you feel that every movie of the last 8 years had "cartoony" CGI.

I think there's always going to be good CGI (Iron Man, District 9, Rise of the Planet of the Apes) and cheesy CGI (Oz the Great and Powerful, Battleship, all the Resident Evil movies)
Oz's were just horrendous, I think the originals may have been better

lazyboy97o

I wasn't going to chime in again, but I'll try one more time. My understanding is that Dave and Jason are not blaming Disney for their coverage of this. Yes, it's a great and necessary addition to the DTD (or Disney Springs) area, and for that, yes, it should be proudly announced. It's the fans who really think that being the "first to park" is some great accomplishment and worthy of special recognition and apparently major bragging rights on other forums that rally make you wonder.
Except it seems this was Cast Members acting of their own accord. One person who may have sought to be first does not mean there were throngs of people vying to be first. It seems there are more people complaining than there were trying to be first in the garage.

Last edited:

Ignohippo

Once again, I haven't seen anyone exclaim what an "amazing accomplishment" it is or even really even mentioning it besides the person whose car was the first in and the haters that are denouncing it.

If people are telling them "congratulations." then what's the big deal?

It's a fun little thing. Who cares? Why hate on it?

Nemo14

I'm sure there are more than a few that have their hands out and salivate at anything the mouse does. So what? Personally, I'd love to spend and hour or two a day writing a blog exclaiming how wonderful everything is with a shot of pixie dust, if that would mean I'd get freebies thrown my way from the mouse. Free annual passes? Invitations to media-only Disney events? Sign me the hell up!!!

Some people have integrity.

Ignohippo

Except it seems this was Cast Members acting of their own accord. One person who may have sought to be first does not mean there were throngs of people vying to be first. It seems there are more people complaint than there were trying to be first in the garage.

Exactly.

And it isn't like the idiots camping out at Best Buy for two weeks (besides, have you seen the ads this year? The days of the amazing deals are certainly over).

MarkTwain

The fuss being raised over the first arrival to the new parking garage is dumbfounding. Cast do this kind of thing all the time. During New Year's eve shifts, it's very common for cast to greet the "first riders of the new year" with applause and a handwritten button. Cast members just love celebrating small moments, it's part of what they believe creates Disney magic. Let the cast have fun, and let the guest have their small meaningless bragging right, if it's not hurting anybody.

FigmentJedi

To be fair, most of what we saw in the trailer is probably unfinished CGI. I think we'll need to wait until closer to release to make accurate assessments of the CGI. In the end, the effects will probably not have the same tactile quality that the practical effects in the first movie had, hopefully they will be improved a bit though.
Actually practical effects were confirmed pretty early on, and there's even set pictures of the raptor animatronics. Additionally, director has mentioned on Twitter that the CG gate shot was just for the trailer and they actually built a physical object for it.

RayTheFirefly

Actually practical effects were confirmed pretty early on, and there's even set pictures of the raptor animatronics. Additionally, director has mentioned on Twitter that the CG gate shot was just for the trailer and they actually built a physical object for it.
That's good to know! I'm really excited for this movie, so I hope the "cartoony" CGI thing isn't too prevalent. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom